Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there were older unknown people there I can see where she could be taken. Say a few college guys go to party, one says he met someone and will get a ride home. Perhaps that is all it is to start, but she is intoxicated and he has evil on his mind. Something bad happens. He heads back towards where he is from ditches the car and meets up with his buddies like nothing happened. I think the thought of many people at the party covering something up is much less likely.

My top Theories are
1. In the water
2. Bad guy at party
3. got lost at night no gps and crashed, perhaps fatally somewhere in the wilderness

I hope she is alive out there somewhere And reunited back with her family!!

AUG 10

Kiely's dad briefly speaks @ 0:45, I believe this is the first time of him speaking about the case.

Thanks for that. And again, more conflicting info. She said around midnight she wanted to go home. Yet at 11:30pm, she supposedly asked her mother to extend her curfew for an hour. What happened during that hour?

Do you have a link to confirm it? because I really don't remember that being said. Not to say I'm right though!
Please check out the awesome timeline located in the previous thread. This is the second thread for Kiely’s disappearance on WS. There is a ton of info on the original thread.

8/5/2223:00Charges Phone in CarSamantha said that around 11pm, they went to Kiely’s car to charge their phones and arranged for Kiely to give her a ride home. However, she changed her mind later when she saw that Kiely was clearly intoxicated, Samantha said.The Independent

<modsnip>

Very interesting theory that I had not thought of. Someone takes the car, she is high/drunk and gets lost in the woods. Ideal scenario as there is a small chance she may still be alive. One of the things a friend of mine in Tahoe pointed out is that it gets very very dark out there. Maybe some locals can comment but I wonder what the lighting was like that night, if the moon was out that late?
August 6 Waning Crescent (Half Moon)

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious about the 8am entry - "her last location was at the campground." Does that mean she knew that it last pinged there at 12:30am or so? Or that she felt she was still there as if an app like "Find My Friends" showed the phone still active and so she must be there?
She said in an earlier interview that she checked the find my phone app for Kiely, and that was the last ping for Kiely (the campground), but I believe it also showed that it was out of service after that point? I could be wrong but it’s here somewhere in the threads.

Please check out the awesome timeline located in the previous thread. This is the second thread for Kiely’s disappearance on WS. There is a ton of info on the original thread.

8/5/2223:00Charges Phone in CarSamantha said that around 11pm, they went to Kiely’s car to charge their phones and arranged for Kiely to give her a ride home. However, she changed her mind later when she saw that Kiely was clearly intoxicated, Samantha said.The Independent
Yes, but this entry in the timeline shows that SS didn’t notice Kiely being too inebriated until later, after the 11pm car meetup up to charge their phones. “However, she changed her mind later..”

She said in an earlier interview that she checked the find my phone app for Kiely, and that was the last ping for Kiely (the campground), but I believe it also showed that it was out of service after that point? I could be wrong but it’s here somewhere in the threads.
Interesting. I have one friend I'm connected to with Find My Friends and if he's out of range, it tells me immediately it can't locate him so I get no previous data, no "last pings 4 hours ago" or anything like that, but maybe they were using a different app. There are so many!!

Bolded by me.

I'm confused. Isn't that what I said? That it was after 11 pm.?

Whaaaat? It's been stated she has no current boyfriend and that an ex-BF who may live in Napa came out to help search and is staying with her family. So is he a current BF?
I got the impression from her moms quote that they were still friends/close, so maybe it is fairly recent? I mean clearly if he came home to search and was staying at her parents house there must not be bad feelings between them…. In my opinion of course. :)

Whaaaat? It's been stated she has no current boyfriend and that an ex-BF who may live in Napa came out to help search and is staying with her family. So is he a current BF?
I was just thinking that exact thing! I’m very confused now about the relationship. Maybe the media just took liberties with the BF title, and he just didn’t correct them?

The LE really need to clear up some of this conflicting information that is in media becuase I have read and heard people talk that Kiely didn't have a BF only an EX. Sami I think was one that said Kiely didn't have a BF in that interview she did last night.

It depends. If she was with just one other person or two people from out of the area, hanging out away from the main group illuminated by the headlights, where it's pitch black.....?

Remember no-one saw Kiely or her car leave.
No one that we know of yet. LE are still asking teens to come forward.

Curious about the 8am entry - "her last location was at the campground." Does that mean she knew that it last pinged there at 12:30am or so? Or that she felt she was still there as if an app like "Find My Friends" showed the phone still active and so she must be there?
In Find my Phone it will show the phones last known location. So if it last pinged a tower at 1230, that is what it would show.

I think we should also clarify the the Phone was wither turned off or most likely lost battery as it was state she was charging it in her car.

This also gives me an idea, if someone was driving her “home” i would assume she would plug in her phone. Once it turned on it would ping the tower and we would have A different location.

Possible scenarios on my mind

She was very intoxicated and did not plug in the phone/passed out and someone drove her to who knows where and did something we don’t know.

She got in her car plugged in the phone and proceeded to drive pretty directly into the water. The electrical system for the car shorts out and the phone never comes back on. **I think this because if she drove anywhere that would give her phone a chance to charge it would have come on and updated the last seen, unless there was no service.

My top Theories are
1. In the water
2. Bad guy at party
3. got lost at night no gps and crashed, perhaps fatally somewhere in the wilderness
SBM
My list is about the same.
But my #2 would possibly several bad guys at the party. There was a case in the 1990s where teen boys abducted a nurse, raped and killed her, put her in the trunk of her own car, and pushed it into a canal, where she was discovered. It keeps coming to mind. Hope it’s just a bad thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa