Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that just came to my mind, sorry if this has been discussed. I have believed that she got into an unfortunate accident, but this morning it dawned on me; if she went into the water it wouldn't necessarily mean water immediately came into the car. I suppose if a window broke or if she immediately tried to exit the car, but when I picture a car going into the water I don't automatically think of it as being fully submerged.

i can't help but think of the possibility that someone (who was also under the influence) was driving her car, and ended up driving it into the water or causing another accident. perhaps that person/other passengers were able to escape—similar to the Chappaquiddick incident—and that's the reason there's a lot of difficulty getting testimonies from those at the party or anyone who saw her.

As I remember correctly she told her friend that she was "going to become f...up" during this party.
What is the meaning and purpose of it?

What does it say about her state of mind?

I can understand some alcohol to loosen up and have a good time.

MOO
I've used this phrase more than once in my life, usually it was in reference to me and my sisters/friends going out and letting lose and dependent on what we drank, beer vs. liquor. This term is used loosely in my opinion to mean some sort of intoxication and fun. I would not read too much into it as to what her state of mind was, she probably just wanted to have a little fun even if it included some poor decisions. I get it, I can't judge.

There has been a lot of speculation about shrooms being eaten and hitting late. Typically shrooms can hit 90-150 minutes after ingestion. Kiely made a comment about getting "f'd up" that night which may indicate more than just drinking. Shrooms are more and more popular with this generation, especially in this area.

Psychedelics / hallucinigens can be so unpredictable. People have different sensitivities and different types can be stronger than others. I remember this from back in the late 60's and early 70's from hearing stories and sometimes seeing friends have "bad trips". Oh, heck no. They can cause permanent cognitive and psychological problems. It's why I avoided them like the plague. It's probably worse today. If any young folks are reading this, please don't do mushrooms or any psychedelics. They can do permanent harm. You never know what you're getting, regardless of what someone else tells you.

I just do not think there are coincidences in a situation like this. the sweatshirt creeps me out. I have also been curious if maybe the sweatshirt sparked an idea she always had especially if she was intoxicated and possibly on drugs/psychedelics. I also wonder if she is at a rental house in the area where the owners are never there and her car is in a garage. With the FBI and all the LE, she might be scared to come forward? I'm just hoping for the best at this point.
I personally don’t think the sweatshirt is anything significant. Someone loaned it to her and I’m sure it’s something they are looking for.

Hello. I just registered.

The time between when she was last seen (12:30am) and when she was reported missing (9am) is really looking like the difference here. I still can't get over the fact no amber alert has been issued.
I understand and share your feelings. I would like to have seen one too, but based on what is known, this disappearance does not meet the criteria for activating an AMBER alert, under California's rules. ALL FOUR of these conditions have to be met. This case seemingly meets three, but there is no PROOF she was abducted, even though many feel she perhaps was.

In order for the California AMBER Alert Plan to be activated, law enforcement must be satisfied the following criteria must have been met:

• A confirmed abduction has occurred, or the child has been taken by anybody including, but not limited to, parents and/or guardians.

• The victim is 17 years of age or younger, or of proven mental or physical disability.

• There is reason to believe the victim is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.

• There is information available that, if disseminated to the general public, could assist in the safe recovery of the victim.

Last edited:
I absolutely hate what i'm about to say, but IMO I think she took something, had a bad reaction and the people or person with her panicked. I think they have hidden the vehicle and she's either still there with the car or the person(s) have hid her body. I think if she was in the water with the car, it would have been found, or tracks would have been found leading into it. Obviously hoping for the best outcome, but as the days pass, it's not looking likely unfortunately.

I’m also not comfortable assuming that she took anything beyond alcohol that night unless we get further information. That’s a jump for me that we have no basis for.
Respectfully, why is that more of a jump than that she had alcohol? Both are likely equally available to those kids, drugs actually may be easier for a teen to get, and both are equally illegal for a 16-year-old to possess. JMO

Last edited:
Respectfully, why is that more of a jump for you than that she had alcohol? Both are likely equally available to those kids, drugs actually may be easier for a kid to get, and both are equally illegal for a 16-year-old to possess. JMO
I guess I’m uncomfortable assuming that she was doing lines in her car vs having beers. I don’t see any basis for that.

If her car wasn’t missing I’d say abducted for sure. If she called her mom to say she would be leaving to Head home at a certain time. Suggests she thought she could drive. Unless, it was a text sent to her mom . That text could have been sent by someone else. Also, If her charger is in her car with her why did it die? It Could have been manually turned off. Or water damage turned it off. That area is dark and dense with trees and brush. The car could be upside down with a tree on it. Or it could be hiding in someone’s garage. Scary.
I hope we find her.

Something that just came to my mind, sorry if this has been discussed. I have believed that she got into an unfortunate accident, but this morning it dawned on me; if she went into the water it wouldn't necessarily mean water immediately came into the car. I suppose if a window broke or if she immediately tried to exit the car, but when I picture a car going into the water I don't automatically think of it as being fully submerged.
Good point. She could have exited the car, perhaps been injured, but able to walk, and got lost in the woods. However, they had dirt bikes and 4-wheelers checking, and she hasn‘t been found.

I would like to know more about the truck that was reported by our local as seen at the boat launch Saturday morning. Did someone try to haul her car out? Did she panic (typical, irrational teen fear of parents being upset over the vehicle) and left with someone else? Went somewhere to sleep it all off, awoke to the media chaos, and is still trying to sort out a return where no one is in trouble.

Many possibilities here. The above two are major speculation theories, but allow for her to be found alive, a hopeful scenario. But the clock is running if she’s lost in the woods or injured in a roadside ditch.

jmo

I guess I’m uncomfortable assuming that she was doing lines in her car vs having beers. I don’t see any basis for that.
My take on “tipster Ronnie’s“ allegations have less to do with whether Kiely actually indulged, and more to do with college-age adults who came to the party with drugs and were looking to find young females to share with. It’s a scenario that puts a young, potentially impaired teen directly in contact with men who didn’t have her safety in mind. And it’s a warranted concern - Kiely is missing.

jmo

While it is possible to escape a car that goes into water, this link shows that you literally have about a minute to get out before water is up to the windows. A car will usually be completely submerged in under five minutes after going in. It would require calmness and clear thinking to get out safely, imo, and that is probably not something that an impaired person would have. JMO

ETA...Everyone should get a tool that will break glass, and keep it in their car. They are inexpensive, and available at every auto parts store, and may save your life.

Last edited:
When a human, their car, and cell have all disappeared… I often think of an accident where the vehicle is hidden.
I’m twice her age and would hate to navigate those roads, sober during the day. Let alone at night and drunk… I think after texting with her mom she thought she could make it home.

It is important that they continue to address this as a kidnapping just in case, as this would be the only way she would be alive still and every second counts in that case. I believe if this was an abduction that it would have been opportunistic and likely an older male that could sense vulnerability (age and inebriated) who was able to manipulate her before she was able to leave the party.

I don’t think the sweatshirt means anything at all, and I don’t think one of her exes sought her out at this party.
MOO

While it is possible to escape a car that goes into water, this link shows that you literally have about a minute toi get out before water is up to the windows. A car will usually be completely submerged in under five minutes after going in. It would require calmness and clear thinking to get out safely, imo, and that is probably not something that an impaired person would have. JMO

That is good information. I wonder would the water get into the car immediately. For the timeline if the phone went off due to water, the water would have had to fill the car immediately.

I understand and share your feelings. I would like to have seen one too, but based on what is known, this disappearance does not meet the criteria for activating an AMBER alert, under California's rules. ALL FOUR of these conditions have to be met. This case seemingly meets three, but there is no PROOF she was abducted, even though many feel she perhaps was.

In order for the California AMBER Alert Plan to be activated, law enforcement must be satisfied the following criteria must have been met:

• A confirmed abduction has occurred, or the child has been taken by anybody including, but not limited to, parents and/or guardians.

• The victim is 17 years of age or younger, or of proven mental or physical disability.

• There is reason to believe the victim is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.

• There is information available that, if disseminated to the general public, could assist in the safe recovery of the victim.

Am I correct that there’s not only no proof that she was abducted, but no evidence that she might have been abducted?

My take on “tipster Ronnie’s“ allegations have less to do with whether Kiely actually indulged, and more to do with college-age adults who came to the party with drugs and were looking to find young females to share with. It’s a scenario that puts a young, potentially impaired teen directly in contact with men who didn’t have her safety in mind. And it’s a warranted concern - Kiely is missing.

jmo
Oh I totally get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members