Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did LNR know to call Sami? I thought Sami said she hadn't known Kiely would be at the party and they hadn't seen eachother for a while?.
I may be remembering wrong though, SS has said a lot of things.
That’s right. Great observation. Why didn’t she call her best friend Mags that she was hanging out with and drove to the party? Mags‘ mom is being very supportive and vocal and speaking for her daughter. I am waiting for other parents to come forward.

Last edited:
Before we put too much emphasis on the mystery of why her car hasn't been found, it seems her car VERY EASILY may be parked somewhere right out in broad daylight and no one has noticed. A silver CRV isn't the least bit distinctive, and even if people are alertly looking for it, it could easily be parked in an apartment complex parking lot where no one has noticed. Or stashed behind an abandoned house, or in someone's garage. It may have quickly been driven out of state, where NO ONE is looking for it. As long as it's not in a private parking lot where the business closes and it would be obvious to security that it's abandoned, it may never be found.

I saw an ad on craigslist for some guy who wanted help finding his car, offered 500 bucks. He was visiting from out of town and parked it in a downtown parking garage and couldn't remember where. This was a month past, and he still hadn't gotten notification from the parking garage that his car was located abandoned.
Ditto- if the car is somewhere else, a silver CRV is about the most non-descript car around.

Personally I am hoping for her to have been abducted but I am also realistic.

Drunk + Teenager + Car + Dark + Water nearby almost always adds up the same way.

Most likely: She left at around 12:30am with her driving abilites severely impaired. She didn't remember if it was right or left to get out toward home and she picked the wrong way. She drove quietly into the water and the front-heavy SUV tipped forward and then flipped, making it impossible for her to get out as it floated out into the reservoir. Nobody would have heard it or seen it from the party and she may even have had her lights off.

It could takes weeks or months for them to find a car in murkey conditions.

Sure, up until a point. They were separated towards the end of the night, otherwise why would Kiely need to call before leaving? MOO
Sami said they were "trading drinks" "sharing drinks' this doesn't mean necessarily drinking out of the same.container... for example I have a case of white claw you have a case of Mike's lemonade...we are trading on and off with what we are drinking...hence sharing the drinks each other brought but not necessarily drinking from the same container

As likely as the accident/water theory makes sense, I have to wonder why LE is so focused on what she was wearing and the jewelry. Would it really matter what she was wearing if she's in the water or trees?

I hope this means there really is hope she may still be found, against the odds.

With AWP making the trek to Nevada to help authorities search the water, it kinda leads me to believe the authorities found something but don't have the resources to get to it.

JMO
SBM. In yesterday's live AWP said that they are starting from zero, meaning that they will also be searching (with sonar) the areas that were previously checked by divers. AWP did not disclose the name of the agency that they will be helping. IMO, if Kiely's car is in the water, it will be found.

The longer the investigation goes on, the more I'm suspecting that she had an accident on the way home, and her vehicle just hasn't been found yet because of the terrain. There's so many places that she could have taken a wrong turn -- especially at night, especially if she was driving impaired and without a GPS -- and gone off the road into water or thick vegetation. All it would take would be for her to have taken one wrong turn (especially if her phone died at the campground and then she left), and searchers could be looking in entirely the wrong area or wrong body of water.

If something had happened to her at the party, I suspect that someone would have said something by now, even unintentionally. It's far more likely that no one saw anything because there was nothing to see -- just one teen among hundreds getting into her car and driving away -- than for hundreds of teens to witness a kidnapping or death and have no one crack.

(As for the teens' inconsistencies and caginess, it's very possible there was other illegal stuff going on beyond just underage drinking and that's why some of the teens are hesitant to speak out and eager to cover their own backsides, for fear of getting themselves or others into trouble over unrelated things. As for LE pointing out jewelry/clothes, I think they're just making sure they cover all the bases. It's their job to consider all possibilities, so they are.)

Ditto- if the car is somewhere else, a silver CRV is about the most non-descript car around.

Personally I am hoping for her to have been abducted but I am also realistic.

Drunk + Teenager + Car + Dark + Water nearby almost always adds up the same way.

Most likely: She left at around 12:30am with her driving abilites severely impaired. She didn't remember if it was right or left to get out toward home and she picked the wrong way. She drove quietly into the water and the front-heavy SUV tipped forward and then flipped, making it impossible for her to get out as it floated out into the reservoir. Nobody would have heard it or seen it from the party and she may even have had her lights off.

It could takes weeks or months for them to find a car in murkey conditions.
*Or even years:

When a fisherman using sonar found a car sitting in Lake Hamilton in Arkansas, he reached out to authorities for help. There are a few missing persons in the area and he figured the police should check out the potential lead. For whatever reason they didn’t, so the man turned to Adventures with Purpose, a group we’ve highlighted many times in the past.
1660660941849.jpeg
The thing about finding a car using sonar is the picture which comes back isn’t anything like what divers see with their own eyes. This case perfectly illustrates that since the fisherman thought he had found an old muscle car submerged in the lake.

After successfully sticking a magnet with a line on it to the car, the diver is able to swim down and locate the car. Visibility is only 4 to 6 feet, so it’s difficult to see details in the murky depths. The diver is able to tell much of the vehicle is deteriorated, including the top missing after sleeping with the fishes for who knows how long. He concludes whatever environmental damage the car would do has already been done. Now the vehicle is part of the ecosystem.

Good points, @Traymar. The other info we have is that she made the call after she had spent time in her vehicle starting around 11:00 pm with SS and possibly some other people, (unknown & unconfirmed). They were allegedly in the car charging phones, probably drinking, and possibly ingesting some type of drug.
It seems her mom trusts her and trusts her judgement. She seems to be a responsible young woman. Perhaps when they got out of the car KR said to herself, “Oh, crap, I’m really shi**faced. I need to sober up a bit before I head home.” At that point she texted her mom asking for a curfew extension?
Sometimes alcohol hits you right away and other times it creeps up on you. It depends if you’re drinking on an empty stomach, your body mass, and what your individual tolerance is among other things.
Great point. I remember in my teens being out with pals, drinking and chatting, having a great time, until I stood up from the bar stool and was completely hammered and required assistance.

Apologies if already shared:

From Placer County Sheriff:
We have confirmed Kiely’s vehicle has a ram sticker right below the rear wiper blade. As the investigation into Kiely’s disappearance continues, we urge the public to call our tip line immediately if they spot a 2013 Honda CR-V with that same sticker under the rear wiper blade, as we believe it is an identifying attribute of her vehicle. Kiely’s CA license plate# is 8YUR127.
1660660821687.png

@LauraAnne, I agree that this is a very real possibility. But my concern is also that KR could be with her car parked somewhere - in the woods or among human structures and parking lots.

At 16, I doubt KR had much experience with using alcohol, pot, cocaine, narcotics, and / or hallucinogens. Those of us who indulged in our past, learned from years of trial and error what amounts we could tolerate, what we could mix and in what order, etc.

My fear is KR started driving somewhere - an after party? to Reno? to home? and after a bit realized she was feeling ill, woozy, confused, scared, and not able to process what was happening to her. In that state she'd possibly want to find a place to 'hide' in her car and rest or sleep it off before she continued or had to interact with another human.

From experience I know that many of the substances KR may have ingested that night have a delayed impact on your body and mind. Perhaps in this hypothetical scenario, KR parked somewhere, felt even sicker or mentally confused and eventually passed out. Sadly, with the right dose or right mix of some of those substances (e.g. alcohol and narcotics), she could have slipped into a coma and died of respiratory failure, heart attack or acute alcohol poisoning, etc.

Terribly sad to think. But this is why I wonder if KR and her car will be found together on ground and her death ruled an accidental overdose.

The Ram sticker on the rear window is key to finding KR's car if it is not under water. It provides a unique identifier for a common car.

LE should beat that drum loudly (that is, if they haven't found KR's car under water already and waiting on AWS).

ETA: IMO!

BBM...I understand that many of us would like to think that, because she is only 16, Kiely probably had little experience with alcohol, pot, 'shrooms, etc, but she probably has as much experience with those substances as do her friends that she hangs around with, and it seems that many of her friends are at least a couple years older than she is. While this particular party was apparently much bigger than a normal one, I feel certain that The Sanctuary was a regular hang-out party spot for kids to get-together to party. Also, in an interview early on, one of Kiely's mother's friends was speaking, and commenting on how mature Kiely is, because last year her daughter was ill, and she asked Kiely if she would bring her home, and Kiely say "no", because she had been drinking.

One time a year ago my daughter was ill and I asked can you bring her home and she said 'no' because she had been drinking.

I am not disparaging her at all, nor blaming her for anything that may have happened to her, but I believe she probably was comfortable around alcohol and drugs. JMO

Last edited:
IF she took drugs and overdosed, why would it be on the teens, and why would they cover it up instead of trying to get help? I'm just thinking this through here, but it sounds as though the older guys--the ones allegedly past college age--are the ones who brought cocaine, etc to the party.

I also think there are far too many people for a successful cover up, unless something happened very late in the party with drugs between Kiely and a few individuals.
Yes, teenagers are not very good at keeping secrets, at least not the ones I've known. If there was an overdose and cover up, it probably would have come out by now.

It just seems so odd that nobody saw Kiely leave or at least walk towards her car. Maybe now that it's known she could have been wearing white, someone will remember.

Did SS say what Kiely was wearing the last time they went to the car? I only remember her mentioning the black top. I would think by 11:00 pm she would have been cold.

I'm very pleased to know that Adventures With Purpose is going to be involved. For those who are interested, here's an interesting article about types of searching in water in general. Underwater Search and Rescue: Patterns You Should Know
Me too. It seems they get results no one else can obtain.

I haven't been able to follow along closely, so I'll ask. Are there bodies of water along the path she would have taken that night? Is a car accident more likely to be in the water or off the road into the trees? With what I know so far, it seems to be equal odds on an accident vs. abduction.

I really just don't get the feeling that this is as sinister as some are making it. I honestly think it was either an accidental O.D where people panicked and hid the vehicle and her body, possibly hiding both in the water... or what I believe is the most likely scenario is, she drove impaired and ended up in the water, and due to being inebriated not knowing how to get out of her vehicle. Either scenario, I think when AWP arrives, they'll find her and her vehicle in the water. It's possible that LE suspect an area she may be in, and that will be searched first by AWP. Unfortunately at this point, I don't see a happy ending for her friends, family and community, it's just a terrible situation, one I can't ever imagine being in.

As the owner of a silver CRV, I concur. I see them everywhere! Do we know if there are any distinguishing features?
As an owner of a silver CRV you can tell us maybe if there is something different on Kiely's car compared to yours (besides the Ram sticker and the thing on the roof) 1660662344562.png

Before we put too much emphasis on the mystery of why her car hasn't been found, it seems her car VERY EASILY may be parked somewhere right out in broad daylight and no one has noticed. A silver CRV isn't the least bit distinctive, and even if people are alertly looking for it, it could easily be parked in an apartment complex parking lot where no one has noticed. Or stashed behind an abandoned house, or in someone's garage. It may have quickly been driven out of state, where NO ONE is looking for it. As long as it's not in a private parking lot where the business closes and it would be obvious to security that it's abandoned, it may never be found.

I saw an ad on craigslist for some guy who wanted help finding his car, offered 500 bucks. He was visiting from out of town and parked it in a downtown parking garage and couldn't remember where. This was a month past, and he still hadn't gotten notification from the parking garage that his car was located abandoned.
Is this a state that has rear and front plates? Because if it is just rear plates, the car could have been backed into a parking space so a plate is not easily recognized unless you get out and walk around behind to check. MOO MOO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard