Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
PLACER COUNTY, Ca. (News 4 & Fox 11) — The Placer County Sheriff's Office (PCSO) is asking for the public's help in locating missing 16-year-old teen, Kiely Rodni.

According to PCSO, Kiely was last seen at around 12:30 a.m. on August 6 near the Prosser Family Campground in Truckee. She was said to be at a party with a huge group of minors and young adults. Her car is also not located at the party and her phone has been out of service.

Kiely is described as:
  • Caucasian female
  • Five-feet-seven-inches tall
  • Weights 115 pounds
  • Blonde hair
  • Hazel eyes
  • Green Dickies pants, black tank top, multiple piercings and jewelry with a nose ring
Her car is a silver 2013 Honda CRV with a California license plate of 8YUR127.

Anyone with information on Kiely's whereabouts is urged to call PCSO at (530) 886-5357.

2ed18e2f-6bb4-439a-baee-70bb7aacafd6-large16x9_kielyrodni.png

21eb9e2f-c096-4822-8363-d71f5ff22e48-medium16x9_carofmissing16yokiely.jpg

Link to Kiely Rodni case - archived traffic cam footage from the NV/CA border

Media, Maps & Timeline thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE:

ALLOWED SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as officially named by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Paraphrasing is okay, but direct quotes, copying/pasting, screenshots from these pages is not allowed.
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by Friends on these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Do not link to a victim or suspect's social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Approved group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for..." (usually a page run by family)
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Posts by an owner or admin of the above public social media pages may be linked, copied, quoted, or paraphrased. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, announcements by law enforcement, the admin of an approved group support page (usually a page run by family)
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...": If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.
NOT ALLOWED

Names or images of minor children are not allowed unless they are the missing or deceased victim.

Social media pages of family members and/or friends of either a victim or a suspect, and most any other individual are OFF LIMITS. Random blogs or random youtube videos are also OFF LIMITS. Don't link to these pages or make reference to information you find on them.

MOD NOTE:

OFFICIAL support pages for victims are allowed to be posted. Those pages will be called something like "Help Find..." or "Justice for..." and will usually be run by the family. Posts on MSM or LE social media can also be posted.

Pages from random, non-approved groups are not the official group may NOT be posted.
  • Posts by an owner or admin of the above public social media pages may be linked, copied, quoted, or paraphrased. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, announcements by law enforcement, the admin of an approved group support page (usually a page run by family)
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...": If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

ADMIN NOTE:

As SS is a major case player in this matter of Keily's disappearance, her FindKeily page is being approved for discussion.

Please just ease up on this young lady and do not trash her or insinuate that she is somehow responsible for Keily's disappearance.

Thank you.

Hey everyone,

Please don't start using names that have not been in MSM or released by LE. The OP that contained a specific name was removed.

Also, please do not post information that may interfere with a police investigation. Websleuths isn't in the business of tipping people off in the event they are following the discussion.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Because we never know who may be reading here, please do not post or discuss information that is part of an investigation unless it is information that is released by LE.

While locals may share information about geography / topography, businesses, local flavor, etc, please do not share rumors/hearsay or questions/answers related to FBI agent interviews in the neighbourhood. It's counter-productive to the success of their case, and if the FBI want to share information with the public about their ongoing investigation, they will do so by publicizing directly or through MSM.

Members can sleuth, share, and discuss whatever they want via private messaging conversations where up to 20 other members can be added to the group. Whatever is discussed in PM is not to be posted on the public thread.

STOP POSTING ABOUT UNCONFIRMED INFORMATION.
That is not what Websleuths is about and it is a SERIOUS violation of the Terms of Service.
If you want to stay a part of this discussion, do not post info UNLESS IT IS FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT OR A MAINSTREAM MEDIA SOURCE.

It looks like in Nevada there is a company that captures and archives traffic cams footage. Prob illegal in CA?

This would capture a vehicle that took I80 east, OR Prosser=>Verdi Peak=> Reno. You have to get back on I-80 near the state line. Looks like there could also be camera footage on 395 in the case the car went north and then back down to Reno. Anyone have a subscription here?

Highway/Freeway cameras in California are run by Cal Trans (state dept of transportation). Some are live video, others are hourly snapshots. I don't believe any of the video is captured or archived. I don't think any of it is licence plate visible.

However once off the freeways, individual cities may have license plate cameras at intersections, not to mention homes or businesses with security cameras whose views include the street (though probably not license plates).

The only license plate readers along northern CA freeways are I believe at the toll bridges in the Bay Area. Nothing near Truckee.

On major roads entering CA are Ag stations (commonly known as bug stations) where drivers are asked if they are carrying fruit or plants -- this is to attempt to keep destructive or invasive plant pests or disease away from California's food growing areas. I don't know if the bug stations have cameras but I would assume the staff are given BOLO information since they physically view each vehicle's license plate.

There is such a station just east of Truckee on westbound I-80, and one one hwy 395 a bit north of Reno, at a spot called Hallelujah Junction where 395 re-enters CA. Of course the stations are only on the California-incoming directions of the highways so unlikely to be of use in this case.

MOO

SS said in one of her interviews that there were a ”few” other “friends” in the car with her and Kiely when they went to charge their phones, etc. This comment definitely raised a red flag for me. Who were these “friends?” I’m sure LE is on it.

I just read about another young lady, Camille Clemmer who is missing in Ceres, CA, approximately a 2 1/2 hour drive from Truckee. Camille and Kiely have almost identical features, long blonde hair, tall and have both vanished in thin air. Remember it took a long time to connect all of Ted Bundys' victims to him. Food for thought. So sad! :(

I just read about another young lady, Camille Clemmer who is missing in Ceres, CA, approximately a 2 1/2 hour drive from Truckee. Camille and Kiely have almost identical features, long blonde hair, tall and have both vanished in thin air. Remember it took a long time to connect all of Ted Bundys' victims to him. Food for thought. So sad! :(
There's a thread for Camille

While it is certainly possible that she was a victim of a serial killer, there are so many other more likely scenarios that may have led to her death, that do not involve a serial killer, I would think that one would be well down the list. She is a 16-year-old girl who was at a very large party in woods with older kids, known and unknown, late at night, drinking alcohol to the point of being very intoxicated, according to her friend, and possibly under the influence of drugs as well, by choice or perhaps not, and possibly got behind the wheel of her car to drive home, or to some other unknown location. There are a plethora of things that could lead to her disappearance under all of those circumstances, and I think one or a combination of those factors is probably what led to her probable demise. While I am now giving consideration to the possibility that she died of an accidental overdose and may have been left where she was, or was driven somewhere that both she and her car could be disappeared, my strongest thought is still that she had a car accident somewhere, in or out of water, and still has not been found. My gut feeling is that she was not intentionally murdered by someone. JMO

ETA...I do hope that Camille Clemmer will be found safely.

Last edited:
One thing that I keep thinking of.

How impaired was KR at the time (11:30pm IIRC) when she texted her mom?

If she was seriously impaired at that point, Mom hasn't mentioned, at least publicly, that KR's text was garbled or contained unusual amount of typos etc.

There are a number of possible ways around this:

maybe KR asked a friend to type the text for her
maybe she typed the message in advance and saved as draft until time to send.

If the first option (which seems far more likely than the kind of advanced planning option 2 requires), that would be the kind of thing it would be helpful for the friend who assisted her to report to LE.

MOO

Highway/Freeway cameras in California are run by Cal Trans (state dept of transportation). Some are live video, others are hourly snapshots. I don't believe any of the video is captured or archived. I don't think any of it is licence plate visible.

However once off the freeways, individual cities may have license plate cameras at intersections, not to mention homes or businesses with security cameras whose views include the street (though probably not license plates).

The only license plate readers along northern CA freeways are I believe at the toll bridges in the Bay Area. Nothing near Truckee.

On major roads entering CA are Ag stations (commonly known as bug stations) where drivers are asked if they are carrying fruit or plants -- this is to attempt to keep destructive or invasive plant pests or disease away from California's food growing areas. I don't know if the bug stations have cameras but I would assume the staff are given BOLO information since they physically view each vehicle's license plate.

There is such a station just east of Truckee on westbound I-80, and one one hwy 395 a bit north of Reno, at a spot called Hallelujah Junction where 395 re-enters CA. Of course the stations are only on the California-incoming directions of the highways so unlikely to be of use in this case.

MOO
Right, but in Nevada they are recorded. So, 395 and I-80 in Nevada can be looked at. I found a number of recording that are available for $250 per hour form 12 am - 6 am along both roads. I don't have the deep pockets to buy the recordings and actually watch, but hopefully someone has. It would at least be something to rule out. teh preview clips sem pretty grainy at night, but who knows.

One thing that I keep thinking of.

How impaired was KR at the time (11:30pm IIRC) when she texted her mom?

If she was seriously impaired at that point, Mom hasn't mentioned, at least publicly, that KR's text was garbled or contained unusual amount of typos etc.

There are a number of possible ways around this:

maybe KR asked a friend to type the text for her
maybe she typed the message in advance and saved as draft until time to send.

If the first option (which seems far more likely than the kind of advanced planning option 2 requires), that would be the kind of thing it would be helpful for the friend who assisted her to report to LE.

MOO
I suppose she may have hit the microphone and dictated a voice text, though if she were slurring her words that still could have come out garbled. Or perhaps if she did that, somehow the auto-correct fixed the message enough that her mom wasn't alarmed.

I have no idea, I'm just pondering about another option regarding what you posted. I'd been wondering the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member