Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not "in those parts"... most teens have drank/smoked. It doesn't mean they're addicted or that foul play is involved. It's like.. quite normal actually?
I don't know, I don't think it's that weird that she was experimenting with alcohol. Can things go wrong when high schoolers experiment with substances? Sure, but y'all act like it's the most outlandish thing you've ever heard of. It has been going on since the dawn of time and will continue to.
The hard part is the substances of the 60's, 70's, 80's...even into the 90's aren't the same as what's out there today. "Meth" is a whole new chemical these days - I study, using days are long gone. And fentanyl...holy death sentence!

I honestly don't know what I think about what happened.
It seems to me that KR really led a life with a small circle of friends.
She was home schooled, graduated early at the age of 16.
Hasn't it been said that Mags is her Bestie, Katie ( the girl that appeared with JW) is a good friend and that SS is a newer-ish friend?
No one knows what KR did from 6 to 9 PM....well, she went to a store of some sort near 6PM as per Video still.
She and Mags get to the party at about 9:45 PM.
Mags said that the guys there were pretty aggressive about getting her (maybe them?) high.
Mags left with her BF about 10 minutes later. Maybe BF was upset about the boys being too social with his gf and just wanted to get her/them out of there?
The next couple of hours, KR and SS socialize, party a lot, take pee breaks and charge their phones IN KRs car. It seems that other people were there during this part of the evening, I don't think that we know who they are.
SS is supposed to get a ride with KR , but changes her mind because of KR's condition.
Kr has asked for a curfew extension- but also indicates she plans to stay the night at the campground?
KR contacts SS about giving her a ride, and SS kind of scoffs at her - "I got a different ride, I just told you this" (something to that affect.)
Sometime around 12:30 AM , according to the more current accounts, people begin leaving the campground.
This is close to the same time that KR's phone stops pinging.
We can now say with certainty that KR attended the party .
She was inebriated enough that SS was not comfortable being in a vehicle with her.
It has been said that "these parties" start at the campground but will break up into small groups and those groups will typically go party at a home nearby. Many people in attendance have second homes, their parents own vacation homes, or are locals.
If there was a mass exodus at generally the same time- it's logical that KR was a part of that departure. Especially since her phone was not pinging. Whatever happened to her- it had to happen close to 12:30- UNLESS- it happened earlier and several people know the whole story but are keeping quiet about it.
KR's mom said that KR has a charger in her car. No reason she would not have put it on said charger if her battery was low.
I favor the theory that there was an accidental OD with a cover up. Don't know if it happened early on at the campground or elsewhere..
Yes, she could have wrecked her car. If she did , it most likely happened between 12:30 and 12;35. LE knows how much ground KR could have covered in 5 minutes or less...and where her vehicle would likely be.
I have heard locals say that water levels in that range are LOW...and that the car MOST likely would have been stuck in the mud or un- submerged. I have no first hand knowledge of the area personally, so I am willing to take their word for it.
I don't think that anything was done with any ill-intent. I think that something bad happened, people know what the bad thing is, and they are afraid of being held liable.

Sorry for the babble- this is where I stand currently.

AMOO

I get what you’re saying. But they are teenagers and teenagers don’t always make the best judgment calls. And if SS was drinking too, well, the judgment is even worse. As teens you think you’re invincible. You don’t think things like this will happen. And if SS thought Kiely was staying there, she was likely even less worried - especially if Kiely did know others there.

JMO
I’m sorry, I am having limited connectivity issues this afternoon.
The point I meant to make with that quote was SS implication that what they drank together wasn’t spiked.

I haven't been to this particular ramp recently. I don't know if there's a dirt section before the paved ramp. This is very popular boating spot, I'm sure there were many boats being lauched that day. There would be numerous tracks. Plus, the following morning before she was reported missing there would be people fishing.

I'm also not sure if they know what tires her CRV had on it.
I'm sure you are right about the ramp. I've boated and within hours of the break of dawn who knows how many boats had been launched. And every trailer that drops them off is then pulled back out making the forensic value of the ramp pretty useless, IMO.

As far as tires go, almost every place where you can buy tires and other car stuff like that documents the sale so they could find that but in this case it probably wouldn't matter.

Hasn't it been said that Mags is her Bestie, Katie ( the girl that appeared with JW) is a good friend and that SS is a newer-ish friend?
No one knows what KR did from 6 to 9 PM....well, she went to a store of some sort near 6PM as per Video still.
Mags said that the guys there were pretty aggressive about getting her (maybe them?) high.
Mags left with her BF about 10 minutes later. Maybe BF was upset about the boys being too social with his gf and just wanted to get her/them out of there?
The next couple of hours, KR and SS socialize, party a lot, take pee breaks and charge their phones IN KRs car. It seems that other people were there during this part of the evening, I don't think that we know who they are.
SS is supposed to get a ride with KR , but changes her mind because of KR's condition.
Kr has asked for a curfew extension- but also indicates she plans to stay the night at the campground?
KR contacts SS about giving her a ride, and SS kind of scoffs at her - "I got a different ride, I just told you this" (something to that affect.)
Sometime around 12:30 AM , according to the more current accounts, people begin leaving the campground.
She was inebriated enough that SS was not comfortable being in a vehicle with her.
It has been said that "these parties" start at the campground but will break up into small groups and those groups will typically go party at a home nearby. Many people in attendance have second homes, their parents own vacation homes, or are locals.
If there was a mass exodus at generally the same time- it's logical that KR was a part of that departure. Especially since her phone was not pinging. Whatever happened to her- it had to happen close to 12:30- UNLESS- it happened earlier and several people know the whole story but are keeping quiet about it.
KR's mom said that KR has a charger in her car. No reason she would not have put it on said charger if her battery was low.
I favor the theory that there was an accidental OD with a cover up. Don't know if it happened early on at the campground or elsewhere..
Yes, she could have wrecked her car. If she did , it most likely happened between 12:30 and 12;35. LE knows how much ground KR could have covered in 5 minutes or less...and where her vehicle would likely be.
I have heard locals say that water levels in that range are LOW...and that the car MOST likely would have been stuck in the mud or un- submerged. I have no first hand knowledge of the area personally, so I am willing to take their word for it.
I don't think that anything was done with any ill-intent. I think that something bad happened, people know what the bad thing is, and they are afraid of being held liable.

AMOO
This is a really good post. Not babble at all.

I don't know what to think, either. Part of me is over here wishing with all my heart she ran away with a boy. That at least would allow for some kind of happy ending here. All the other options are just terrible. jmo

This is a really good post. Not babble at all.

I don't know what to think, either. Part of me is over here wishing with all my heart she ran away with a boy. That at least would allow for some kind of happy ending here. All the other options are just terrible. jmo
I think we all want that happy ending despite all the scary options!

I’m sorry, I am having limited connectivity issues this afternoon.
The point I meant to make with that quote was SS implication that what they drank together wasn’t spiked.
I didn't think the SS statement meant much to her condition. KR is 117 lb, may have had little to eat, and may have had a pill, smoke or something that SS didn't. A little of anything could make a big difference on intoxication.

Something else SS said in her interview stood out to me, as someone who has owned Hondas. She mentioned Kiely's SUV had Honda wheels.

I'm looking now, but I wonder if the 2013 ones are valuable/swap with many other vehicles? I have owned a Honda where this was an issue. Maybe a "sketchy" guy was interested in her car?
I think her Honda had hubcaps (based on the pics) so it had steel wheels underneath them rather than alloy wheels. These are less desirable and are usually found on lower trim levels. I could be wrong but that's what it looked like to me.

I had a 2011 Honda with hubcaps. When they deteriorated I looked at Honda replacement hubcaps and though they were quite a bit more expensive than after-market you could probably buy a set of 4 for the cost of one alloy wheel. Being cheap, I went with after-market. Point being I doubt that played into this - but then, who knows?

Left on 89 takes her toward home, if I'm reading the map right. Going left would feel the same, I imagine. Hardtop. Curvy. But ends 2 minutes later at the Prosser boat launch.

She may have felt sobered up a bit, she may have felt sober enough to drive, she may have simply gotten turned around, heading the wrong way on 89. Driving in the dark, thinking you're on the main road home, at anything approaching highway speeds, no one expects the road to just disappear beneath you.

In my opinion, Kiely could've been in deep water within minutes of leaving the party.

JMverysadO
Again, I agree with you, but I’m not following the logic. Here’s KR’s “should of been” route from the Sanctuary to 89, in blue, I believe.

89 is pretty straight major north/south road.

To get to the boat launch, she would have had to follow the red route, below. So I’m not following how a mistaken left turn got her to the boat launch. Am I misunderstanding the site, or just dense?

P.S. Apparently I’ve forgotten how to upload large-file images without the reader having to download them. Sorry!

Attachments

• IMG_2314.pdf
    994.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2315.pdf
    876.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Interesting map that has a couple of facts.

1. I didn't realize how deep the lake is. I assumed it was 50+ ft at the dam only.
2. The amount of "off road" paths that are there.

Another thing that is nagging at me. SS repeated several times how extroverted Kiely is. Kiely went around the party meeting all kinds of people. So, she left without saying goodbye to...ANYONE??? (edited to clarify I mean in person, and not the call to SS)

That is unbelievably bizarre to me.
Right !?!?!
BUT... We don't know if she did or didn't do that, do we??
I haven't seen it posted that she did NOT say goodbye to peeps so she may have done that.

LE tend to keep things very close to the vest, with good reason.

Just because we don't know of it happening or not happening, doesn't mean it did or did not happen.

Extroverted people, like myself, tend to take way too long saying "goodbye" at parties, social functions...just ask my family. UGH

But we really dont know who she spoke to in person before she left, all we know and not even from LE, but hearsay, is she made a call to SS.

I sure hope more of these party goers speak up and have opened up to LE so they have a more definite timeline.
YES,, we would like to know also, but I dont think we will until she is found and they find out what the heck happened to her.

#findKiely

Pudding shots can be tricky. Not near as easy to down as Jell-O shots in my opinion.
Plus trying to transport all those little cups in a cooler?

I guess the cream brûlée is missing?
Maybe she wanted to fix something for her mom to have when they got home.

I’d be more interested in her texts that afternoon and what she bought at that store.
JMO
Lol....I was thinking more along the lines of pudding shots when the thought first hit me. I had never seen a jello shot until I attended a bridal shower... With SS (and I'm not comfortable believing everything she says) talking about going back to the car for "alcohol" and them doing "shots" - it was a short walk. I wonder what they were drinking?? If you want to see a variety of shots...try Pinterest.... ;)

Again, I agree with you, but I’m not following the logic. Here’s KR’s “should of been” route from the Sanctuary to 89, in blue, I believe.

89 is pretty straight major north/south road.

To get to the boat launch, she would have had to follow the red route, below. So I’m not following how a mistaken left turn got her to the boat launch. Am I misunderstanding the site, or just dense?
We had a really helpful local here who shared lots of maps and photos they took of the area. They are no longer a member so I can't directly link their profile, but you'll see their contributions on thread 1 and 2.
Particularly post #20 and #66 on thread 2. The username is runin530mtns. #66 has a map with the paved way out of the party area. One direction towards the highway, the other direction right to the boat ramp. I also believe the water is much deeper now than it was in the satellite pics on Google maps. You can see from the user's photos taken a few days after KR went missing that the ramp does go into water, whereas on Google the entire ramp is visible.

Eta: LE stated prosser is about 57' at its deepest currently

AMOO
I always like your posts @Ravenmoon

No babble at all---all straight forward thoughts and info provided to us so far.

I have to agree with you on everything you posted.

I feel so bad for her parents and friends.. I hope she is found soon.

Dear locals: you have no idea how important you are to these threads. You provide perception, perspective, viewpoint and a vantage point known only by y’all. Thank you for participating and helping to find Kiely.

This is a wonderful video displaying nostalgic historic photos of Truckee. Perhaps during intermission, grab some popcorn and watch.

Right !?!?!
BUT... We don't know if she did or didn't do that, do we??
I haven't seen it posted that she did NOT say goodbye to peeps so she may have done that.

LE tend to keep things very close to the vest, with good reason.

Just because we don't know of it happening or not happening, doesn't mean it did or did not happen.

Extroverted people, like myself, tend to take way too long saying "goodbye" at parties, social functions...just ask my family. UGH

But we really dont know who she spoke to in person before she left, all we know and not even from LE, but hearsay, is she made a call to SS.

I sure hope more of these party goers speak up and have opened up to LE so they have a more definite timeline.
YES,, we would like to know also, but I dont think we will until she is found and they find out what the heck happened to her.

#findKiely

Yes, it makes sense they would keep a lot of information quiet.

What is clearly missing are young people coming forward and saying things like "Oh yeah....We saw Kiely right before we left, Man. She gave me a hug and said something about Starbucks the next morning." or "My buddy and I saw her giggling with a couple of girls" or "I saw her talking with some guys when we drove off."

This also wasn't an ordinary party, it was a "senior farewell" party, where a lot of the attendees were heading off for college or other things shortly, so it seems reasonable it expect you might not see some of the people again, at least not for awhile. (And for kids, not seeing them around town until Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc would probably feel like an eternity. even if it was acquaintances lol )

im californian and while not from truckee am familiar w the area. ive been on these forums for a long time and usually the most reasonable explanation is true (occams razor) im not saying its easy to drive into the lake however it is the case most of the time when a person disappears w their car, and often times the car and person are found in an area that was searched repeatedly.

yes, abduction is a possibility but its running far behind of my first two ideas.
That's such a heavily touristed area... Lots of parking...lots of resorts... First place to thoroughly search hasn't shown anything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member