Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
True we don't know for certain. I'm mostly trying to give people a more accurate view of the area. It's not like a road perched on a cliff over water where there are a bunch of places she could have gone off the road into the water.

It's a very distinct boat ramp that is very obviously not the way home. I'm not saying it's impossible, only that it's unlikely she drove herself off the boat ramp as opposed to many, many other possibilities. The rest of the paved road is not near the water and the scrub brush there isn't something you can easily drive across. She would have been stuck in brush.
I agree, and that’s why I’m trying to think of a reason she might have driven down to the boat launch or some other part of the lake on purpose before heading home. My only guess so far is that she still had beer, White Claw, whatever kids are drinking these days in her car and wanted to stash it for the following day instead of driving home with it. Maybe the lake was higher than she expected it to be because of the recent rains, and once she hit enough water to float even a little, her car would have drifted further out and sunk quickly.

We had a really helpful local here who shared lots of maps and photos they took of the area. They are no longer a member so I can't directly link their profile, but you'll see their contributions on thread 1 and 2.
Particularly post #20 and #66 on thread 2. The username is runin530mtns. #66 has a map with the paved way out of the party area. One direction towards the highway, the other direction right to the boat ramp. I also believe the water is much deeper now than it was in the satellite pics on Google maps. You can see from the user's photos taken a few days after KR went missing that the ramp does go into water, whereas on Google the entire ramp is visible.

Eta: LE stated prosser is about 57' at its deepest currently
Right, I studied that post and map, but I thought they were saying that’s the way to Hobart Mills Rd, maybe because people thought she could have driven north. I didn’t see anything that said she wouldn’t have taken the dirt road that leads directly from the Sanctuary to 89, but I may have missed that.

I wonder if more tracking location data will show up. Phone hitting other carriers towers, Facebook tracks gps continually etc. I would imagine TikTok tracks location as much or more as FB.

@TruckeeLocal Is there anything open at that hour where Kiely could have planned to grab a coffee or snack on her way home? The map looks like middle of nowhere at a glance, but remembering my own youth and the kids today in the area where I grew up crashing on the way to the 24 hour McDonalds in a nearby town....

Hi everyone, I'm new here! I just wanted to join and leave a few of my thoughts. So, I think it possible that KR could've crashed her car but if she left at around 12:30, according to people camping near by, there was a large group of cars leaving. No one would've noticed she crashed her car? I don't think KR was a drunk as SS is making her out to be. She knew enough to text her mom and extend her curfew (IF that was her that texted the mom). <modsnip - attachment from social media; also video not from an approved source; also quote from interview with no link>

Last edited by a moderator:
The campgrounds had public restrooms. They were the typical hole-in-the-ground ones, but they were available. I’ll bet somewhere there’s a map of the park that shows all public restrooms.
SS mentioned rather pointedly that they "used the outdoor restroom...you know...cop a squat..." They weren't actually IN a campground, but more a wide spot along the way where they could gather. It is US Forest service land...often used for dispersed "camping." SS did mention KR getting out of her top so she could pee....

My question is where were the park rangers during all this? Shouldn't they have been aware of such a huge gathering at one of their camp grounds?
Just one LE in uniform walking through a couple of times can deter a lot, driving under the influence, fights and more.

Yes, it makes sense they would keep a lot of information quiet.

What is clearly missing are young people coming forward and saying things like "Oh yeah....We saw Kiely right before we left, Man. She gave me a hug and said something about Starbucks the next morning." or "My buddy and I saw her giggling with a couple of girls" or "I saw her talking with some guys when we drove off."

This also wasn't an ordinary party, it was a "senior farewell" party, where a lot of the attendees were heading off for college or other things shortly, so it seems reasonable it expect you might not see some of the people again, at least not for awhile. (And for kids, not seeing them around town until Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc would probably feel like an eternity. even if it was acquaintances lol )
Oh, I agree with you !!

I sure wish we knew more.

#FindKiely

I think her Honda had hubcaps (based on the pics) so it had steel wheels underneath them rather than alloy wheels. These are less desirable and are usually found on lower trim levels. I could be wrong but that's what it looked like to me.

I had a 2011 Honda with hubcaps. When they deteriorated I looked at Honda replacement hubcaps and though they were quite a bit more expensive than after-market you could probably buy a set of 4 for the cost of one alloy wheel. Being cheap, I went with after-market. Point being I doubt that played into this - but then, who knows?

Speaking of 2013 Hondas—my Accord doesn’t charge a phone unless it’s running. What about hers?

I think her Honda had hubcaps (based on the pics) so it had steel wheels underneath them rather than alloy wheels. These are less desirable and are usually found on lower trim levels. I could be wrong but that's what it looked like to me.

I had a 2011 Honda with hubcaps. When they deteriorated I looked at Honda replacement hubcaps and though they were quite a bit more expensive than after-market you could probably buy a set of 4 for the cost of one alloy wheel. Being cheap, I went with after-market. Point being I doubt that played into this - but then, who knows?
Hmm....I wonder why SS was excited to point out Kiely had "Honda wheels" then? Maybe some sort of teenager status thing?

Limited connectivity lol. That’s a good point!!!
Lol…
Speaking of- I have a fairly new version 13 pro iphone . It has the same issues as my previous models in that I can’t or can rarely get a call to go through or even message when the battery is on a fine red close to dead charge. Much worse with no wifi. And it takes a minute or two to wake up after charging is started,
Apple can provide charging status history. When charge is critically low it automatically registers last location in case of a shut down but it would be recorded in the Apple ID account for each individual’s cell. it probably requires a warrant, even for a family plan minor’s records.
And the Cell towers can show all the numbers out around the area if LE shows cause. And for specific numbers in question . It shouldn’t take that long to access those records and take some of the mystery out of the equation.
As the Sheriff said yesterday- they’re sorting thru a lot of data with help from around the state. Yay!

Last edited:
Hmm....I wonder why SS was excited to point out Kiely had "Honda wheels" then? Maybe some sort of teenager status thing?
I think she was pointing out that kiely's car does have Honda brand hubcaps, because in some of the photos being shown on posters are of Honda CRVs without hubcaps.
Just another thing to look out for

Imo

Speaking of 2013 Hondas—my Accord doesn’t charge a phone unless it’s running. What about hers?
I also wonder if her car battery might have been run down if her car was one of those that provided headlights for the party.

JMO
ETA - still none of this explains why her car has gone missing, and both KR and her car are still missing after 11 days:(

Last edited:

Hm, if they were all charging their phones at her car, does that mean she was running the engine? And does that mean she might have been low on gas and gone to look for an open station before she drove home?

Hi everyone, I'm new here! I just wanted to join and leave a few of my thoughts. So, I think it possible that KR could've crashed her car but if she left at around 12:30, according to people camping near by, there was a large group of cars leaving. No one would've noticed she crashed her car? I don't think KR was a drunk as SS is making her out to be. She knew enough to text her mom and extend her curfew (IF that was her that texted the mom). During the YouTube video of SS talking, when it comes to the car she draws a blank but she can remember everything else just fine. I don't think this is bc she drank too much or had drugs in her system, she remembers TOO much. SS described the clothes KR was wearing and *never* mentioned the white sweater. She knew exactly what kind of iPhone KR had, the phone case and sticker on it. During that interview she slipped up and said she was driving and then said she was in the passenger seat. Also, while he was showing her a map she said something along the lines of "that's not where they found her, it's a little more over to the left". I can get exact words and rewatch. She shows NO emotion. She kept trying to make it a point that they were seen together all night and would only split for a little bit always made their way back to each other. And then there's this video of from her TikTok (I believe it's now deleted).
YouTube video of SS TikTok-

Welcome and Thank you so much!

Sorry- I missed the original hubcap post. Where did that come from? I am entralled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member