Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - no link from an approved source>

So if someone (she knew or stranger who seemed nice enough as her guard was down) had said to her look I have not been drinking let me drive your car and you home, if the car had then left the campsite would it have been likely to have been soon picked up by road traffic cameras/CCTV, and given it has not been (I assume or we’d have heard) it must still be on or close to the campsite?

Basically could a car drive quite far away from that campsite without having to be picked up by any cameras once on the ‘main’ roads to leave the area?
You can "Google" CA DOT cameras and it will show all available. This is a BIG snow-sport area!

I'm very curious about KR's activities prior to the party and also the emphasis her friends have placed on the likely possibility that she left the party to attend another, smaller party. I wonder - if that did happen - when it would have taken place? Could she have already branched off to a smaller party or different location prior to her phone call to SS confirming she did not need a ride? Why are her friends so certain of that possibility? (I understand that this is a common occurrence when parties break up or reach a certain point in the night, but she could have actually left the "main" party sooner than the phone call suggests).

The way I see it and with what has been released by LE, there's no room in the timeline between her call to SS and her phone's last ping to account for anything other than an accident where the phone was damaged or a very quick abduction. Unless, perhaps, she was already at a different location. I have a hard time believing that her phone died after everything I've read here, so I think it had to have been either damaged or manually turned off. As others have noted, it's possible SS has the time of the phone call wrong or perhaps the call didn't happen. I'm stuck, though - I am leaning towards foul play over an accident, but I think if she did attend a smaller party after 12:30am, there would have been an additional cell phone activity or another clue to those movements released by LE. Thanks for all of the information and thoughts others have already posted and hopefully my first contribution to the community is well received :)

Just as a point of clarification, we don't know that her phone went dead at exactly 12:33. We just know that's the last ping LE has (likely triggered by the call to her friend IMO). The phone could have been on for a while after that without pinging if she wasn't using it and hadn't traveled far enough to connect to a new cell tower.
No, I think phones 'ping' all the time, connecting to a tower, if they can. Even when the phones are hibernating or you are not using them.

No, I think phones 'ping' all the time, connecting to a tower, if they can. Even when the phones are hibernating or you are not using them.
That's what I thought as well, it also depends on what apps were running in the background and whether or not she had location services turned on (it sounds like she was sharing her location on iMessages for sure). I definitely could be wrong, though.

I'm very curious about KR's activities prior to the party and also the emphasis her friends have placed on the likely possibility that she left the party to attend another, smaller party.

Yes me too. I really don't know why this hasn't been confirmed as to where she was before the party. She wasn't at home. She was seen on CCTV at a local store at 6pm, but didn't arrive to the party until 10pm.

I don't know why nobody has come forward to say they were with her.

Regarding the ‘giving tips anonymously’, is that (realy) possibly in this case + do the teenagers know enough about the possibilities?

I read about the police saying so + SS trying/saying to be an inbetween but:

- what if they don’t trust/believe her honesty
- these are the kids/teens/young adults growing up with csi/truecrime shows/anonimous/a lot of (untrue) info about digital possibilities of the police and they may be afraid of fake anonimity.

I’m afraid that there would have been more tips would it have been 1979 instead of 2022.

Why i ask: in some countries, The Netherlands for instance, there are anonymous tiplines, by other organisations, that legally promise you anonimity. That convinces more people (and their lawyers).
Is that the case here? If not, is there a possibility getting an organisation like that on this case?

There must be something the police can set up to get the teens & their parents convinced to speak up…
Self preservation possibly trumps helping find a friend or classmate who is missing and possibly dead? What if it was their sister?

They probably know ways on how to submit a tip anonymously, spoof a number, etc.
JMO

I think a hesitance to mention voluntary missing is understandable. We never know who reads these threads, and who wants to suggest anything that adds to the hurt when a child is involved?

There was a case last year where a man passed away from heat related illness, and it took some time to locate his remains. Everyone insisted he would never disappear, but I argued it was possible, and I ended up feeling pretty rotten when he was found.

At this point though, we should still consider anything as possible, even if some scenarios are more likely than others. LE will likely solve the case, or someone like AWP but sometimes people brainstorming come up with things that are helpful.

Regarding the ‘giving tips anonymously’, is that (realy) possibly in this case + do the teenagers know enough about the possibilities?

I read about the police saying so + SS trying/saying to be an inbetween but:

- what if they don’t trust/believe her honesty
- these are the kids/teens/young adults growing up with csi/truecrime shows/anonimous/a lot of (untrue) info about digital possibilities of the police and they may be afraid of fake anonimity.

I’m afraid that there would have been more tips would it have been 1979 instead of 2022.

Why i ask: in some countries, The Netherlands for instance, there are anonymous tiplines, by other organisations, that legally promise you anonimity. That convinces more people (and their lawyers).
Is that the case here? If not, is there a possibility getting an organisation like that on this case?

There must be something the police can set up to get the teens & their parents convinced to speak up…

I don't know if they are still having issues with people not speaking up. They are being flooded with tips and on Tuesday Kiely's mum spoke with NBC (Bay Area) and said this .....

"Her friends who were there with her at the party have been nothing but so, so cooperative and so courageous in coming forward and sharing their stories," Rodni-Nieman said. "We have such a love for all of her friends and are really appreciative of them working so hard and just being so open to work with everybody and being so honest to share everything that they do know."

"We still don't know what happened to her," Rodni-Nieman said. "We're just working to piece together those last moments that she was at the party to figure out where she did go and with whom."

They might have been having issues initially, but it has been almost two weeks. These party goers know this is serious stuff now. Kiely hasn't shown up.

There IS something similar to a beach. It's not a traditional beach with soft sand and ocean waves, but there's a dirt section of Prosser that a lot of people drive out on and hang out.
It's hard to explain...I get it!
It's a dry area between the pavement and the water...a dry mudbank...
Your "beaches" are faring better than ours in Butte Co!!

Yes me too. I really don't know why this hasn't been confirmed as to where she was before the party. She wasn't at home. She was seen on CCTV at a local store at 6pm, but didn't arrive to the party until 10pm.

I don't know why nobody has come forward to say they were with her.
Well, we know at some point she was with ML. They were making creme brulee, and Kiely brought ML to the party.

I do not believe we know if Kiely was with ML from 6pm to whenever she met up with her and they drove to the party together though.

It's possible LE is not saying, but it is also possible no one knows where she was. We used to spend a lot of time cruising around as kids, especially on weekends. I'm kind of surprised that is the only camera she was caught on. (Assuming it is?)

Well, we know at some point she was with ML. They were making creme brulee, and Kiely brought ML to the party.

I do not believe we know if Kiely was with ML from 6pm to whenever she met up with her and they drove to the party together though.

It's possible LE is not saying, but it is also possible no one knows where she was. We used to spend a lot of time cruising around as kids, especially on weekends. I'm kind of surprised that is the only camera she was caught on. (Assuming it is?)
Her and Kate were making brûlées.

I'm surprised there is only one camera (as of right now) that she was caught on, too. She was also - I think this is an important detail - already dressed in the outfit she wore to the party! Pure speculation, but it could signal that she did have concrete plans with someone prior to the party that warranted an early outfit change / putting the party clothes on hours before the event.

Here is a great article explaining cell phone pings.

Cell Phone Pinging Cell Towers: How Often and When?
Yeah, that summarizes it pretty well. As long there are no calls/texts/emails/etc, it's possible for there to be significant gaps between pings, even when the phone is on.

I'd guess that Kiely's phone went dead/was turned off soon after the last ping, but it's at least possible that it was on for some time after 12:33.

LE even mentioned this possibility in one of the press conferences:
(around 4:20 in case the link doesn't take you to the correct time).

Sex Wax is used for surf boards, primarily. You can also use for skateboard grinding. There’s snow wax for snowboards & skis and skateboard wax. In Tahoe, a lot of people do all of those activities.

There’s a lot of beaches around Lake Tahoe. They have actual sand and waves. The reservoir is different though.

There’s miles and miles of dense forest and tons of lakes in the Tahoe area. You can backpack in the Desolation Wilderness for days and come upon pristine alpine lake after lake. It’s an expansive area with rugged terrain especially in winter. I’ve known experienced mountaineers and long-time locals of Tahoe being injured skiing or hiking.

I wonder if AWP could even scan Lake Tahoe? It’s 1600 feet deep. There’s tales of hundreds of bodies down there.

Her other friend Mags is who road with her to the party but did not stay. SS did mention that both her and KR are really social and had walked around talking to a lot of other people, meeting a lot of new people which is where the whole people from SF were there because one person they met was from SF. Maybe others have confirmed talking to her but LE has not said? But really there has only been the two ppl that have confirmed actually communicating to her. Unless I missed one?
I was thinking the same thing , there may be others who saw her and spoke to her we’re just not aware of it. Everyone knows about S and Mags because they choose to speak in public. Maybe others haven’t chosen to go public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod