Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not convinced there were 300 people or even near that at this party. Also I have considered that everyone has said lots of older people were showing up. Is it possible there was just another group of party goers who merged into what was supposed to be a HS age party? Lets say everyone at least rode with someone else. That's still 150 cars. That is about the number of cars at a Walmart on any given Sunday at any one particular time. I am still wondering, since no one has said, how it is that Meg rode with KR, but left the party 10min after arriving, with her BF per her own statement. Did her BF follow her to the party. Per Meg, within min of her and KR's arrival, she states that multiple guys were trying to get her to do as many bong rips without her boyfriend present. Also her words. Then 10 min later she left with her BF. So they got out of the car, and multiple guys approached them offering bong hits, and she was appalled because her BF was not there at that particular moment. Sounds more like a statement made for her BF's benefit. The fact that SS has not made any statement to KR talking to or hanging with any particular person when they last parted company. Not even a description, regardless of if she or KR knew them is weird. LE says they confirmed through video that she was at the party and wearing the white odd future hoody. The whole thing is really strange, but I think at least the friends are not being entirely truthful.

There's actual campgrounds in that area, where people tent camp, and camp in trailers, RVs, vans, etc. But there's also lots of forest service roads and "dispersed" camping areas. There was likely lots of different groups of people. When I was a teen it would have been a dream come true to stumble on a party like this. We were always looking for partys and girls. Even as a young adult, I could imagine wanted to go check out the loud party near by.

LE has been very careful to not name anyone that was at the party and are not releasing video footage they have received (I believe for the same reason). LE wants to protect the anonymity of the kids so more may come forward with information. Plus, they don't want more kids subject to unwarranted speculation. I think SS has got that message, too. She is not outing anyone that was at the party.
I interpreted Meg's statement to indicate that she was a little intimidated. Her bf may have been at the party, they had just not found each other yet.
Excellent post!

Mags did not go to the party with her bf, but met and left with him ten minutes after arriving. All I can infer from that is that she probably went to the party with Kiely specifically to hook up with her bf and leave. Perhaps going to the party with Kiely was only an excuse she gave her parents, for whatever reason. JMO
My husband and I were talking about this earlier. We agree, it could be, going to the party with Kiely was only an excuse she gave her parents.

Thank you - not confirmed but 2-3 hours at a party, coherent enough to be granted a curfew extension of 1 hour 2 hours into the party. Who was with her when she called her mom - who did she tell her mom she was with. Why did she want to stay out later? I'm guessing her mom asked a couple of questions before extending curfew.

6:08 PM - last video image
9-10 PM - arrived at party
11:30 PM - requested 1 hr curfew extension
12:01 AM - left party
12:33 AM - dead phone
12:36 AM - last phone call
Respectfully, there already exist at least a couple of other good timelines on this thread, and this one contains several inaccuracies, that I fear are going to be perceived as fact, and carried forward. First, 6:08 is not the last video image of Kiely, but merely the last one that has been publicly shared. LE have stated that they have seen video of her at the party, wearing the pink and white 'Odd Future' sweatshirt. Next, by her friend's account, which is the only account that we have, she arrived at the party at 9, and Kiely arrived at 10:00, not between 9 and 10. Also, there is no suggestion at all that she left the party at 12:01. In your own subsequent post you stated that you surmised that she left the party AROUND midnight, but rather than midnight on the timeline, which no one has even claimed, it says she left at 12:01, which certainly implies an exact time, and implies it is fact, which it is not. And finally, one or the other may be true, but clearly a dead phone at 12:33 and a last phone call at 12:36 cannot both be true. A call cannot be made from a dead phone, and no one has suggested that the alleged 12:36 call was made from another phone.

Imho, this timeline contains too many inaccuracies to be helpful, as is, and likely will only muddy the facts that we do have. JMO

Last edited:
I have suspected an after-party related event, but since we know almost nothing about what KR did at the party, I am open to other possibilities.

I have looked at both the recent photos of the boat ramp as well as street-view images on Google Maps. The recent photos demonstrate the water coming up to the pavement. At night, if there were no significant waves, there would be little to no headlight reflections back to the driver. The lake would simply be blackness. If a driver didn't recognize the 2 parking lots associated with the landing, the first sign of water being present would be the impact of the vehicle against the water. The images seen on Google Maps were taken when the water level was much lower and demonstrate a gravel ramp extending well out to the lower water level. If a car sank in this area, it could easily roll a long way along this path before reaching the softer lake bottom.

I doubt KR's friends actually abandoned her. Likely she was hanging out with others when they left, but the friends who have spoken out do not wish to identify them. Much of what we have heard about KR at the party has come from SS, but she only speaks of KR regarding events at which SS was present. I got the impression that they were often together but would split off at times and then rejoin. It would be interesting to know what others thought of KR during the event.

I don't blame party-goers for not stepping forward to the public. If my child were present, I would have her cooperate with LE, possibly with legal representation, but would make sure she said nothing to reporters, internet sleuths, or social media.

Thank you - not confirmed but 2-3 hours at a party, coherent enough to be granted a curfew extension of 1 hour 2 hours into the party. Who was with her when she called her mom - who did she tell her mom she was with. Why did she want to stay out later? I'm guessing her mom asked a couple of questions before extending curfew.

6:08 PM - last video image
9-10 PM - arrived at party
11:30 PM - requested 1 hr curfew extension
12:01 AM - left party
12:33 AM - dead phone
12:36 AM - last phone call
Thank you @otto for coming over to this thread. Your experience and expertise will be valuable, as it has been other threads.

<modsnip - no link from an approved source>

So if someone (she knew or stranger who seemed nice enough as her guard was down) had said to her look I have not been drinking let me drive your car and you home, if the car had then left the campsite would it have been likely to have been soon picked up by road traffic cameras/CCTV, and given it has not been (I assume or we’d have heard) it must still be on or close to the campsite?

Basically could a car drive quite far away from that campsite without having to be picked up by any cameras once on the ‘main’ roads to leave the area?
If you look at detailed maps of the area, there's really only one paved road out of the campground area, which goes to 89. That immediate stretch of 89 though is pretty deserted. There are homes nearby and maybe someone has a camera facing the highway. but maybe not as their driveways aren't facing the highway.

Beyond that, if you look at those maps, there are unfortunately a large number of unpaved roads that go in many other directions and likely don't have cameras. Some locals here have said you can get almost all the way to Reno by the back roads without ever hitting a main road. So it just leaves a huge range of possibilities if there was foul play by someone who knew the area of where she could have been taken.

Not sure if this has been posted before. The link is the Nautical Map of Prosser showing surprising depth and steep drop off from the boat ramp and shorelines. My opinion has always been, she is in the reservoir.

In this scenario, I find it strange that KR called SS to ask if she still needed a ride, if she already knew KR had one. JMO

I can infer 3 things from that phone call.

First- she was truly so inebriated that she forgot that SS already had a ride.
Second- she was trying to get SS attention because she was in trouble of some sort and hoped SS would pick that up in the brief call .
Or third- the call never happened.

JMO

Actual verified facts are rare. We know that KR is missing, however.
LE released a photo taken earlier in the day believing that it showed KR wearing the same clothes as she did at the event. It was never represented as far as I know, as the last video.
LE released a statement early on that her phone was turned off. They later pinned the time down to 12:33 (0033), but more recently have related that it is possible her phone may have been on later than that and that pings may not have been recorded.

Brown said the last ping was near Prosser Lake, a manmade reservoir that surrounds the campground, but it's possible due to lost data that the phone continued to ping after 12:30 a.m. "The ping for the data points was near the water. It's hard to tell an exact pinpoint," Brown said. "Just as much on land as it was on water."

"Just because it was last pinged there, that doesn't mean that's where the phone stopped pinging," he added. "There's lots of reasons why those notifications or data points could be lost."

8/18/2022 -- Today is day 13 of the investigation for 16-year-old Kiely Rodni. The Placer County Sheriff’s Office and Nevada County Sheriff's Office continue to deploy numerous resources to locate Kiely and her vehicle. Kiely was reported missing on August 6th, after she attended a party with 200-300 juveniles and young adults at the Prosser Family Campground, in Nevada County. The Placer County Sheriff’s Office is leading a task force of detectives from local, state, and federal agencies – they continue to follow up on leads and conduct interviews to find Kiely. The Placer County Sheriff’s Office Dive Team and Off-Highway Vehicle Team searched by water and by ground, Wednesday, but were unable to locate Kiely and her vehicle. The figures outlined above are reflective of investigative and search and rescue efforts from August 17th.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>
What is the consensus, assuming abduction, of one person versus two? How did her vehicle vanish while she was talking at the beach on her phone 3 minutes after her phone stopped working?
This is the first I’ve heard of her talking at the beach. Where did this come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member