CA - Kobe Bryant, 41, daughter GiGi, 13, & 7 others die in helicopter crash, Calabasas, 26 Jan 2020

Here's what you should know about Kobe Bryant's memorial - CNN

The "Celebration of Life" is set to begin at 10 a.m. PT (1 p.m. ET) on Monday, February 24, Vanessa Bryant, Kobe's wife and Gianna's mother, announced on Instagram.
The date, 2/24, is symbolic. Bryant wore the number 24 in the latter part of his NBA career, while Gianna wore the number 2 for her youth basketball teams.

Anyone know how to watch the memorial service?

Kobe and Gianna Bryant Memorial: Officials Urge Those Without Tickets to Stay Away From Staples Center on Monday

The event, dubbed "A Celebration of Life: Kobe and Gianna Bryant," is slated to begin at 10 a.m. [PST] It will take place nearly a month after the legendary Lakers player, his 13-year-old daughter and seven others were killed in a helicopter crash in Calabasas.

Officials emphasized that the memorial will not be shown on any screens outside of Staples Center or L.A. Live; they are warning those without a ticket to avoid the area, as they will be kept away. It will be broadcast on television and online, so those who wish to watch are urged to do so at home, work or elsewhere.

[..]

Those who do have tickets will be allowed inside at 8 a.m. and people should be in their seats by 9:45 a.m., he said.

No information has been released yet on who will speak or perform at the memorial.

As Los Angeles holds memorial, Kobe Bryant honored at Philly cheesesteak shop

Back here at home, fans gathered at Kobe's favorite cheesesteak spot: Larry's Steaks.

The corner booth where he used to sit is now clearly Kobe's corner.

Dozens of fans came to light candles below his pictures.

Ilyaas Ibraheem Ahmad of West Philadelphia said, "He did so much for the basketball world, as well as the African American Community. Not only was he a great athlete but a great businessman as well. He was a great father and we need all these roles in our society."

Did anyone see Lebron today at the memorial?

I understand that there was a single camera pool for all feeds that received the same which was only one angle. I saw the same faces repeatedly and Lebron's wasn't one of them but I did hear one of the speakers make a comment to him. (That's why the live feed of Shaq had technical difficulty regardless the network you were watching).

I understand that there was a single camera pool for all that received the same feed which was only one angle. I saw the same faces repeatedly and Lebron's wasn't one of them but I did hear one of the speakers (Diana Taurasi) make a comment to or about him.

I don't think he planned to attend -- I heard a sound clip on Sunday where he said it was too difficult for him to do the public celebration. I think he's trying to keep his momentum that he's gained since the first game memorial that he participated in.

Idk if any of you caught TMZ this evening. The lawsuit Vanessa filed was discussed. It was said the insurance company obviously can’t be made to pay out more than the cap on the policy. And, that benefits will be paid to the family of the highest earner first, that of course being Kobe’s family. A figure was tossed around as an example, $100mil. Which is really nothing compared to Kobe’s earning potential had he lived. The lawyer speaking implied there would be nothing left to fulfill any other suits. Jmo because no link up yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back