GUILTY CA - Kris Anderson, 57, murdered, Santa Monica, 11 June 2016 *arrest*

Isn't the Mcdonalds near the parking garage. I remember taking the family there several times while hitting the road after a quick day stay at the pier.

Here are a few grabs from Google Street View. Keep in mind that Kris' murder took place on a Saturday afternoon when there would have been more foot and car traffic.

Photo 1: Looking down the 1300 block of 5th from Santa Monica Boulevard, where reports indicate the murder happened. The tall building is a Citibank (cameras) and the shorter building behind it is the parking garage.

f68adf4f513174d1a98d3ff0a243a130.jpg

Photo 2: Same vantage point, opposite corner. The building on the left is a US Bank (cameras). You can see the garage down on the right.

a3f83fec5cd1f0651c4bda60066de813.jpg

Photos 3 and 4: The parking garage next to Citibank going down the 1300 block of 5th.

dcb674bff055b662b07e80f39e656412.jpg

b851cb2ed442dcce006b3f464df92265.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Isn't the Mcdonalds near the parking garage. I remember taking the family there several times while hitting the road after a quick day stay at the pier.
I didn't see it between the intersection and the garage, but it could very well be after the garage.

I think the McDonalds is a block or so in the other direction, on the other side of the walking mall. There are a zillion parking garages in that immediate area. One on almost every block because of the beach and all of the shops/restaurants.

just looked at the map---think it is on Colorado and Ocean, right across from the Pier entrance. Could hardly walk my kids onto the pier without having to walk past the Golden Arches and hear them asking for 'Micky D's'....

Jaime, I think some of the news articles and videos said there were witnesses. Between witnesses and surveillance cameras, LE has their man.

So sorry for the loss of your friend. And sorry the murderer is trying to tarnish his name to divert attention away from his crime. He'll get what's coming to him, but I know that won't bring your friend back. Hugs.

JamieSommers are you in court today? or not - any tweets on what's happening?

:tyou: in advance!

:rose: JUSTICEFORKRIS :rose:

I too am so very sorry for the loss of your friend, Kris. I hate, hate when a defense team (almost always) tries to tarnish the reputation of the victim in order to put together their defense.

JamieSommers are you in court today? or not - any tweets on what's happening?

:tyou: in advance!

:rose: JUSTICEFORKRIS :rose:
I was in court, yes. Sorry, we were told to turn off cell phones and media were not allowed to record, and then I had to run to work. The request to reduce bail to $250K from $2 million --- with a guarantee to restrict Krah to base in San Diego --- was beautifully, eloquently, and articulately dismantled by the judge.

Krah's family was there, plus representatives of the Navy. He and I had a staredown. Piece of garbage.

Jaime, I think some of the news articles and videos said there were witnesses. Between witnesses and surveillance cameras, LE has their man.
Yes, it was stated in court that they have him --- or "someone that looks like him" --- on videotape following Kris. They have witnesses who put someone matching Krah's description in the vicinity, at the scene, and running from the scene.

I think the McDonalds is a block or so in the other direction, on the other side of the walking mall. There are a zillion parking garages in that immediate area. One on almost every block because of the beach and all of the shops/restaurants.

just looked at the map---think it is on Colorado and Ocean, right across from the Pier entrance. Could hardly walk my kids onto the pier without having to walk past the Golden Arches and hear them asking for 'Micky D's'....

OT/ Thanks Katydid23.

Agree. I think that's it. The one right across the blvd/ street.

We have something in common. Lol

I was in court, yes. Sorry, we were told to turn off cell phones and media were not allowed to record, and then I had to run to work. The request to reduce bail to $250K from $2 million --- with a guarantee to restrict Krah to base in San Diego --- was beautifully, eloquently, and articulately dismantled by the judge.

Krah's family was there, plus representatives of the Navy. He and I had a staredown. Piece of garbage.

Off to a great start, Jaime. Yay you for the staredown!!! Hugs. :heartbeat:

Next Court Code: W31 Next Court Date: 07/13/2016 Next Court Time: 0830 Next Court Case: SA093174RM

Court Name: LAX SUPERIOR COURT DEPT W31
Court Address: 11701 S. LA CIENEGA BLVD. Court City: LOS ANGELESUPT

Next Court Code: W31 Next Court Date: 07/13/2016 Next Court Time: 0830 Next Court Case: SA093174RM

Court Name: LAX SUPERIOR COURT DEPT W31
Court Address: 11701 S. LA CIENEGA BLVD. Court City: LOS ANGELESUPT
Yep. Bring it on.

Yep. Bring it on.

I really hope he doesn't drag this out. You've been here on WS long enough to realize that it takes FOREVER for trials to begin. His attorney will use every delay tactic he can, even if the incriminating evidence is clear. The defense almost always gambles that the prosecutor won't convince the jury (Casey Anthony, OJ). It already sounds like his attorney is attempting to drag your friend's reputation through the mud, so a trial will be more of the same (Jodi Arias). I hate for you to have to endure this, but brace yourself for a bumpy ride. You sound like a tough cookie, but we're here to hold you up. :heartbeat:

Has the court found it true that the victum was taking pictures of young girls?
The only report of this so far has come from the defense attorney. He first said young girls, then in court yesterday he said young women. The judge was very clear in saying that the only reference he had to it was in the report from the defense attorney as part of his motion to reduce bail.

The judge also was very clear in saying that the police looked at the photos and deleted them. Had they been illegal, they wouldn't have been deleted and Kris would have been arrested immediately. The judge said that should have been the end of it. But for reasons we don't yet know, Krah decided for himself that it wasn't.

I really hope he doesn't drag this out. You've been here on WS long enough to realize that it takes FOREVER for trials to begin. His attorney will use every delay tactic he can, even if the incriminating evidence is clear. The defense almost always gambles that the prosecutor won't convince the jury (Casey Anthony, OJ). It already sounds like his attorney is attempting to drag your friend's reputation through the mud, so a trial will be more of the same (Jodi Arias). I hate for you to have to endure this, but brace yourself for a bumpy ride. You sound like a tough cookie, but we're here to hold you up. :heartbeat:
Thanks, Lilibet. Yes, I'm prepared for the delay tactics. And I expect this to get nasty. As those of us who knew him have discussed over the last week, if by some stretch of the imagination it's worse case and we learn something about our friend that we weren't in a million years expecting, there is no justifiable reason for Kris to have been murdered. To have been beaten beyond recognition. To have had his skull fractured. To have had a knife plunged through his jaw and out the other side. Almost a 20-minute walk away from where the police had let Kris go and considered the matter over.

Thanks, Lilibet. Yes, I'm prepared for the delay tactics. And I expect this to get nasty. As those of us who knew him have discussed over the last week, if by some stretch of the imagination it's worse case and we learn something about our friend that we weren't in a million years expecting, there is no justifiable reason for him to have been murdered. To have been beaten beyond recognition. To have had his skull fractured. To have had a knife plunged through his jaw and out the other side. Almost a 20-minute walk away from where the police had let Kris go and considered the matter over.

I agree JS. Your friend was cleared by the police. The murder was brutal and happened shortly after.

Now anyone could see that your friend was not in shape plus was too old and the Navy Seal guy went overboard. This was plain murder and can not be justified.

Stay strong JS.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back