CA CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird! Would the FBI contact you & ask you not to say anything? One would think it they did, her family would comply. This is bizarre!
Hmmmm.....not seeing where FBI asked them not to say anything.

"She said the agency warned her, “Be ready. This is really going to be something you don’t expect.”

The FBI also told her to secure a family spokesperson and that they “might want to get away for awhile.”

https://nypost.com/2020/01/22/krist...kthrough-in-23-year-old-missing-persons-case/

I hesitate to call this a hoax and if it is, it is the most unimaginable cruel thing that someone can do to the parent of a missing child. :mad:

After 23 years, I would think that the family has been appointed a ' prime contact' of sorts within the FBI and would get to know that person's voice very well over the years (if this recent contact was done over the phone, which I am not convinced of.)

All JMO

I hesitate to call this a hoax and if it is, it is the most unimaginable cruel thing that someone can do to the parent of a missing child. :mad:

After 23 years, I would think that the family has been appointed a ' prime contact' of sorts within the FBI and would get to know that person's voice very well over the years (if this recent contact was done over the phone, which I am not convinced of.)

All JMO
Yeah. Also, I would expect a much stronger denial from the FBI if this wasn’t true.

It looks like CNN reached out for comment, as opposed to the FBI coming out on their own and refuting the story.

So I’m inclined to believe that there has been a development.

Why wouldn’t the FBI wait to tell mom anything until they can tell her more than. “There will be unexpected news”. Makes zero sense. I hope there is an answer and arrest but very bizarre way of getting family amped up.
To give them time to take the steps they suggested (assuming this is true).

I’ve seen them do exactly this sort of thing in other cases. Typically it’s within days of a press conference.

They’ve been waiting more than two decades, and they probably don’t want to drop a bomb without giving the family time to prepare for it.

All JMO
:mad:Ditto
Still trying to wrap my head around it.

The only things I could come up with (and this is all speculation/opinion)

That perhaps it was a FBI contact previously on the case that has a loyal connection with the family...…..

FBI is tickling the wire with a wiretap...…..

Somewhere out there I remember reading an agent donated time to the case or had to take a vacation day to participate.....if someone remembers this please verify, I very well could have lost my marbles last night looking up stuff once I read one of the articles about the "big break", I definitely have today:confused:

I think the FBI motto is we can neither confirm or deny.

Why wouldn’t the FBI wait to tell mom anything until they can tell her more than. “There will be unexpected news”. Makes zero sense. I hope there is an answer and arrest but very bizarre way of getting family amped up.
I agree. I thought it was a hoax, at first. Then, I saw this report being picked up by several news outlets. Surely, this family verified it with legitimate FBI agency.

The only thing that I can think of is the FBI has instructed the family to put this information out to the media. Otherwise, it makes zero sense to me that this is the only information that they have given to the family. Surely, the family has been told more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member