Deceased/Not Found CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 5/25/1996 *Guilty* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Absolutely & this is 100% obvious to anyone who has followed the case. But, this "statement" is too little, too late. If the University had taken the KS disappearance seriously from the first day that she was reported missing & aggressively pushed for an investigation, etc. - I do think the outcome may have been different. Note this was NOT a case in which there was a huge mystery on what happened here - quite the opposite.

But, it's very evident that the University was more concerned with wanting to cover their collective back-sides & ignoring the signs that this was much more than just a case of someone who "skipped town". It was both because of this attitude and of course the sloppy & lazy initial investigation done re: the case, etc. that nothing substantive happened for a generation....until the YOBY podcast.

Last edited:

I'm surprised there's not more attention to this story. But then, I'm in California.

When the podcast was made, Chris Lambert interviewed someone who found Kristin's ear ring in the driveway at the mom's house (it's the mom's house where they think the body is). And someone else heard a watch-like beeping from under the ground in one section of mom's backyard (where a recent flower bed had been established).

I sure do hope they get the search warrant, find Kristin and charge the mom, if she did in fact allow this cover-up in her backyard (she had to have known, IMO).

The new soil analysis is awesome news.

With RS, who represented Flores since before his 2021 preliminary hearing, now reportedly off the case, at least temporarily, Flores is requesting [HM, his father’s attorney, to be his attorney].

Corrections officials have transferred convicted Kristin Smart killer Paul Flores from a prison in Kern County to another Central Valley facility, Pleasant Valley State Prison in Coalinga.

Following his April 2021 arrest for Smart’s murder, Flores spent most of his time in SLO County Jail. Flores was housed in Monterey County jail during his three-month trial.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vonni3
Back