Found Deceased CA - Kyler, 23, & Kaylee Jackson, 1, Antioch, 22 May 2016

so sad to hear this. :rose: R.I.P. Kyler and Kaylee. may the lord watch over you in heaven :angel:

[video=twitter;737018566164123649]https://twitter.com/FOX40/status/737018566164123649[/video]

"Sacramento County sheriffs confirm the body of baby Kaylee Jackson was found in the Georgiana Slough.
4:31 PM - 29 May 2016" :(

[video=twitter;737018566164123649]https://twitter.com/FOX40/status/737018566164123649[/video]

"Sacramento County sheriffs confirm the body of baby Kaylee Jackson was found in the Georgiana Slough."

This is so sad. What happened? I hope the media keep updating the story. Comments on the Fox40 facebook post perfectingpink linked indicate that the highway is dangerous and there are no guard rails.
I would have thought they'd have been in the car, however perhaps he tried to save his daughter and himself and drowned in the attempt. Tragic!

Well, it might have killed someone, you just don't know what conditions might be like. I suspect they have a good idea if she's in there, but won't confirm it publically.

They probably want the car out of the water exactly as is, too, so they can try to work out what happened. It's horrible for a lot of us to even think about, but you can't risk the living for the dead.

You're absolutely right. Upon reading the comments under the story the water is murky and the current is fast. Quite a few people were in the comments with the same questions I had. I think they should start giving more details in these articles. We shouldn't have to read the comments to get the full story. A lot of us are ignorant about search and rescue operations as it is, and with all of the talk about the case not getting enough attention initially I think a lot of us were thinking the worst. Thanks for helping to clear things up.

ETA: In response to Eloise, we were also wondering what could have happened. I was telling my daughter about this story and she mentioned how on those two-lane highways there is always a crazy person behind you trying to cross the lanes to pass you if you aren't going 75mph like they are. It could have been because he simply fell asleep but it was only 11pm when he was on his way home, wasn't it? That's kind of late normally but for those of us who frequently take road trips it is not unheard of to get home as late as 3am. An hour and a half isn't that long of a drive, either. Of course I've no idea whether or not he had been driving all day the previous day or not. I thought I had read that he stayed in Antioch a few days before making the drive back, although I most definitely could be wrong.

I was so hoping they stopped at a friend's or family members for a visit and lost track of time. It wasn't very realistic of me, was it? So tearful to see this. It really hits me hard for some reason today. Praying for their family, esp. Kyler's mom and Kaylee's mom.

I am really surprised to read comments about things "not adding up" and "how can someone kill a baby" etc. I assume this is a tragic accident. (If you want to see the comments, put "Kyler Jackson" into the FB search bar and then click on "Latest".) As far as I can tell, some of the commenters are not from that area so maybe they just haven't read everything but some seem to be friends of some sort.

I am really surprised to read comments about things "not adding up" and "how can someone kill a baby" etc. I assume this is a tragic accident. (If you want to see the comments, put "Kyler Jackson" into the FB search bar and then click on "Latest".) As far as I can tell, some of the commenters are not from that area so maybe they just haven't read everything but some seem to be friends of some sort.

I think some people think it's hinky that they weren't found in the car. Maybe it is, but I'm thinking it was probably just from a sadly failed attempt at rescue by Kyler.

This is so sad. What happened? I hope the media keep updating the story. Comments on the Fox40 facebook post perfectingpink linked indicate that the highway is dangerous and there are no guard rails.
I would have thought they'd have been in the car, however perhaps he tried to save his daughter and himself and drowned in the attempt. Tragic!

Yeah, probably.

I was really hoping for good news...

This is an incredibly sad outcome. My heart goes out to Kaylee's mum!

You're absolutely right. Upon reading the comments under the story the water is murky and the current is fast. Quite a few people were in the comments with the same questions I had. I think they should start giving more details in these articles. We shouldn't have to read the comments to get the full story. A lot of us are ignorant about search and rescue operations as it is, and with all of the talk about the case not getting enough attention initially I think a lot of us were thinking the worst. Thanks for helping to clear things up..

No problem, and I totally agree. We're lucky on here that we get contributions from people with a lot of experience in search and rescue who can help fill in the blanks the media tend to leave lying around; I've learnt so much in the time I've been here.

Glad to see they found Kaylee as well now. Such a dreadfully sad story - soundss if he got them both out but perhaps couldn't fight the current. I can't imagine what he went through. :crying:

The comments about "killing a baby" I don't understand at all, but his mother finds it suspicious how he was found on Andus Island Road instead of 160 and I can totally see how others could as well. I found it quite odd myself after I looked at the location on Google Maps. He would have had to make a u-turn to get to this road, or as his mother puts it, made a right turn and drove backwards down Andus instead of continuing on on 160.

Here's his mother's exact quote:
“He would have taken 160 on his way home, but even this route here, he would not have been on this road here,” she insisted. “He would not after a year and a half have all of a sudden made a right turn instead of a left.”
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016...found-lifeless-in-slough-looking-for-answers/

I hope they are examining the car for any kind of damage, such as evidence he was rear-ended or something prior to going into the water. I don't think he would have been pushed into the water directly by another car but I think it's possible some maniac could have rear-ended him, causing him to injure his head or become otherwise disoriented enough to make it onto that other road. Or could it be possible that he fell asleep at the wheel on 160 and drove all the way through to Andus Island Road and landed in the water there?

This is so puzzling, tragic, and sad that I simply cannot handle it.

ETA - It would have been near impossible for him to drive through to the other side from 160, as it has quite a bit of farmland/grass/pastures or whatnot. I'm still completely baffled by this.

This article explains it pretty clearly: http://m.kcra.com/news/chp-releases-report-of-crash-of-sac-father-daughter/39804682

"Kyler Jackson, 23, was driving with his daughter, Kaylee Jackson, north on Isleton Road toward the Georgiana Slough in Sacramento County sometime on Sunday when the car went off the road, according to the California Highway Patrol.

The vehicle made a sharp turn, went down an embankment and struck a tree before sliding into the slough, investigators said."

If you look at the map, 160 is originally on the right side of the river. After Isleton, 160 crosses over to the left side or you can continue up the right side where it becomes Isleton Rd. As you continue on, Isleton Rd makes a sharp right and turns into Andrus Island Rd. This is the sharp turn that he missed. He instead continued straight, hit a tree and went into the river. I think he was tired or distracted and thought he had crossed over and followed 160 to the other side so he wasn't expecting the sharp turn to appear before him.

I have screenshots but I don't know how to post them.

Rip Kyler and Kaylee.

This article explains it pretty clearly: http://m.kcra.com/news/chp-releases-report-of-crash-of-sac-father-daughter/39804682

"Kyler Jackson, 23, was driving with his daughter, Kaylee Jackson, north on Isleton Road toward the Georgiana Slough in Sacramento County sometime on Sunday when the car went off the road, according to the California Highway Patrol.

The vehicle made a sharp turn, went down an embankment and struck a tree before sliding into the slough, investigators said."

If you look at the map, 160 is originally on the right side of the river. After Isleton, 160 crosses over to the left side or you can continue up the right side where it becomes Isleton Rd. As you continue on, Isleton Rd makes a sharp right and turns into Andrus Island Rd. This is the sharp turn that he missed. He instead continued straight, hit a tree and went into the river. I think he was tired or distracted and thought he had crossed over and followed 160 to the other side so he wasn't expecting the sharp turn to appear before him.

I have screenshots but I don't know how to post them.

Rip Kyler and Kaylee.
This case has really caused my eyes to swell every time I think about it. Maybe because after viewing his Facebook
page and seeing what a loving and adoring father he was to kaylee. RIP

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back