CA CA - Long Beach, WhtFem 700UFCA, 20-28, on beach, faux fur coat, May'74

Quote:

Neither suspect knew the victim's name for sure, police said, but thought it might be Anna. Detectives believe Stamp and the accessory met the young woman in a downtown Long Beach bar or outside on the street.

BBM​

That's amazing. Because Anna is the name of the woman whom I found back in 2010 in the 1971 David Starr Jordan HS Yearbook.

But from what I can tell, she has a married surname, is registered to Classmates.com, and lives in Seattle. And she also has a facebook page.

I've been browsing through high school yearbooks on Classmates.com to see if I could find matches for teens and early 20's with postmortem photos. They still don't have enough books on their site to do a good thorough search, but I thought maybe I'd get lucky and find some of these people.

Looking through the 1971 David Starr Jordan High School (Long Beach CA) yearbook, I came across a girl with the initials AP (who was a Junior in 1971). The 1972 yearbook wasn't available to find her Senior photo.

2211624140045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
81d47281-3ed4-459c-9b1e-f631638cc40f.jpg

Here is the side-by side with the postmortem photo:
WARNING - POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums...mparisons/2187636680045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

She has a very similar nose, cheekbone structure and chin to Jane Doe. If she was a Junior in 1971, she would have been about 20 years old in 1974, which appears to be Jane Doe's approximate age. Her overall look is a little different from what I envisioned, but closed eyes can be deceptive to the mind's eye.

I am unable to find any info to indicate that AP is missing. But I looked through the Classmates.com alumni listing for Jordan High, and she wasn't listed. I also went to Facebook, and found several AP's including one that had a similar nose and appears to be about the right age. However, she and most of the others were from Italy.

Do any of you think this might be her?

BTW, I revised the image for this Jane Doe again. I think I have this one pretty much dialed in on the resemblance.

• Age — Estimated late teens to early 20’s

• Height — 5’2”

• Weight — 135 pounds

• Hair — Long brown

• Eyes — Brown

• Distinguishing Marks — Scar on top of left hand

• Possible Name/Nickname — “Anna”

• Clothing — Two piece pink pantsuit with black waist length faux fur coat and black boots

• Jewelry – 14k white gold ring with small diamond solitaire

Anyone with information can contact the Homicide detectives at 570-7244. Anonymous tips can be left by calling 1-800-222-TIPS, texting the tip and TIPLA to CRIMES or visiting www.LACrimeStoppers.org.

Cold Case Solved, But Victim Still Unidentified

http://www.gazettes.com/news/crime/...cle_7800cd02-cefa-11e2-9a29-001a4bcf887a.html

51b1111995a3e.preview-300.jpg

Her nose and eyes on the "new" reconstruction don't look the same as the post mortem photo -- I think that is what looks "off." In the back of my mind, I keep wondering if they showed Carl's reconstruction, it might better jog someone's memory.

I've found two forums from ex-alumni of Millikan High School, Long Beach. Maybe it would be a good shot if we tried to post her picture there?

http://forums.delphiforums.com/millikanhs/start

http://forums.delphiforums.com/ramhi/start

I guess it couldn't hurt. I could be wrong about it, but I suspect that if she was local (and went to high school in Long Beach), someone would have recognized her (there was at least one article about her in the Long Beach Press Telegram around the time when she was found with a pm photo).

More exposure is a good idea. One article isn't likely to have been seen by everybody in town. Even a heavy publicity campaign would likely still have a few people who missed seeing it -- in the hospital, out of town, or just oblivious like Mr. Carbuff...

Linda ANN Miller, perhaps?? The pics are horrible, BUT, she's listed as Native American (UID looks Hispanic/NA to me), and according to her sister, she was headed to Mexico. Ending up in Long Beach from Marin county isn't really too far fetched.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11802/0/

It is very unlikely that this Jane Doe is Linda Miller.

A few years ago, I spoke with the detective in charge of Linda Miller's case. The following quote is from the Lopez Canyon Jane Doe thread:

I just got off the phone with the detective in charge of Linda Miller's MP case. I had e-mailed him last night, asking him (1) whether her male friend Cary Kristal is still unaccounted for and listed in NCIC as a Missing Person, (2) whether there was a reasonable certainty that Linda and Cary actually did go to Guadalajara and didn't return, and (3) whether Linda had ever been compared to the Lopez Canyon Jane Doe.

We had a very pleasant conversation, and the detective provided a lot of additional information that isn't indicated in Linda's NamUs casefile. He says that they tracked Linda's and Cary's movements to Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta from their traveler's cheques, some of which were used and some which were not. They had been staying at a hotel which had burned down at that time that they were staying there. But Linda's family did not report her missing untill 2001. By then, San Rafael PD attempted to but was unable to obtain any information from the Mexican authorities regarding any unidentified remains that might have been found in the ashes of the hotel.

He also said that Linda and Cary were very politically active, and were advocates for the plight of the farmers in Mexico. At the time, there was an active protest movement on behalf of the farmers and against the Mexican government. There is some speculation (though nothing more) that their disappearances were related to their political activities.

CA-Lopez-Canyon-WhtFem-587UFCA-16-26-Purple-Bell-Bottoms-Apr-76

That's heartbreaking that they did not report Linda Miller missing for over thirty years.

I wonder if it was one of those, They-reported-it-but-the-police-said-she-was-an-adult things.

Denise Anderson's profile was recently added to NamUs. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/27540/34

She was last seen in Sacramento, CA on April 13, 1971 by her roommates. She's a little shorter (62" to 64" vs. 65" for Jane Doe) and a few pounds heavier (120 to 125 lbs. vs. 117 lbs) than the woman found on the beach. No mention of the scar on her hand but she could have gotten it after she left Sacramento. I could imagine that her last name being Anderson could be recalled mistakenly decades later as her given name being "Anna" (that probably could have been phrased better).

denise_anderson1.jpgdenise_anderson2.jpg

This might be a strange observation, but recently I was looking through the Doe Network and Charley Project websites and noticed that a few of the missing women who bore a passing resemblance to the unidentified woman from Long Beach, their posts said that they were thought to be a victim of Ted Bundy. I wonder if that is the case with Jane Doe if we knew her name (that she is believed to be a victim of Ted Bundy while her real murder went apprehended)?

In July of 1973 Bundy flew to San Francisco to see Marjorie Russell - this was not his sole trip to CA. Santa Clara is only a 51 min. drive from San Fran. via US-101. He may have been in another part of the state and also gone to Long Beach, (6 hrs from San Francisco). Bundy is known to have killed women during visits to lovers and their relatives, as evidenced by his killings in Ohio during a trip to visit Elizabeth Kloepfer's parents. He was seeing Russell during years he was also seeing Kloepfer, ("Elizabeth Kendall" author of "My Phantom Prince"). He was known to use his lover's vehicles and even their credit cards.

AFAIK, Long Beach CA wasn't anywhere near Bundy's areas of operation. He operated in Oregon, Washington State, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, and Florida

In July of 1973 Bundy flew to San Francisco to see Marjorie Russell - this was not his sole trip to CA. Santa Clara is only a 51 min. drive from San Fran. via US-101. He may have been in another part of the state and also gone to Long Beach, (6 hrs from San Francisco). Bundy is known to have killed women during visits to lovers and their relatives, as evidenced by his killings in Ohio during a trip to visit Elizabeth Kloepfer's parents. He was seeing Russell during years he was also seeing Kloepfer, ("Elizabeth Kendall" author of "My Phantom Prince"). He was known to use his lover's vehicles and even their credit cards.

Back in March, I contacted the Los Angeles County Coroner about a possible match between the woman on the beach and Denise Kathleen Anderson. A few days later, I received a reply stating the coroner doesn't have dental information or DNA from the unidentified woman on the beach and Sacramento LE doesn't have fingerprint information for Denise Anderson.

I've been browsing through high school yearbooks on Classmates.com to see if I could find matches for teens and early 20's with postmortem photos. They still don't have enough books on their site to do a good thorough search, but I thought maybe I'd get lucky and find some of these people.

Looking through the 1971 David Starr Jordan High School (Long Beach CA) yearbook, I came across a girl with the initials AP (who was a Junior in 1971). The 1972 yearbook wasn't available to find her Senior photo.

2211624140045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
81d47281-3ed4-459c-9b1e-f631638cc40f.jpg

Here is the side-by side with the postmortem photo:
WARNING - POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums...mparisons/2187636680045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

She has a very similar nose, cheekbone structure and chin to Jane Doe. If she was a Junior in 1971, she would have been about 20 years old in 1974, which appears to be Jane Doe's approximate age. Her overall look is a little different from what I envisioned, but closed eyes can be deceptive to the mind's eye.

I am unable to find any info to indicate that AP is missing. But I looked through the Classmates.com alumni listing for Jordan High, and she wasn't listed. I also went to Facebook, and found several AP's including one that had a similar nose and appears to be about the right age. However, she and most of the others were from Italy.

Do any of you think this might be her?

Wow that comparison did blow me away looks alot like her and she does look latina!.. It also in a weird way reminds me of my 8th grade photo!.
Anyway I had been looking at the unidentified girls found in the William Richard Bradford Collection ( remember the California Serial Killer that posed as a photographer) well they released his photos a while ago for the public to be able to identify any of the women and #22 really reminds me of Jane Doe and looks like an older version of the girl in the HS photo (to me)..
There is also #30 has a similarity to jane doe.. but again I dont know and it still does not identify who the girl is.. but hope it helps in something
http://crime.about.com/od/missing/ig/50missingwomen/missingwomen22.htm
http://crime.about.com/od/missing/ig/50missingwomen/index.htm

Wow that comparison did blow me away looks alot like her and she does look latina!..

But what's most amazing is that her name is Anna. The man responsible for this Jane Doe's murder told authorities that her name was Anna, though he didn't know anything else about who she was. And I found Anna's photo before the perp was connected to this case.

But there is pretty solid information available online that this "Anna P" is alive, and living in Seattle.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back