CA CA - Long Beach, WhtFem 700UFCA, 20-28, on beach, faux fur coat, May'74

The fact that she was wearing a diamond engagement ring (seeming to suggest that she was engaged), I wonder why her fiancee didn't report her missing. The apparent existence of a "significant other" who did not report her missing suggests that this might be an act of domestic violence.

If they were new in town and lived together, he would probably be the only person who would be aware of her absence.

Violence from someone she knew is definitely a possibility here, but given that it was 1974, I think of the usual litany...
  • Department refused to take the MP report
  • Didn't occur to her loved ones that it would do any good to file a report
  • Report initially taken but never filed/misfiled/mislaid/discarded/incorrectly ruled out as being UID and later arbitrarily closed after X number of years
  • Report taken somewhere within several hours' drive but not in the jurisdiction where UID was found, integration of reports across jurisdictions was even poorer then than now; report was closed or discarded after X number of years, or report still exists in a dusty cardboard box but has never been put into any searchable database or checked against non-local UIDs

A while ago, I asked my parents if they remembered this lady when she was found (they used to live on 10th Place in Long Beach back in 1974). They didn't specifically remember her (or the young man found on Division and Corona in 1978), but they both said that bodies being found in that area (coastal Long Beach) was not really an uncommon occurrence and both thought that there were one or more serial killers active in the area, one being Randy Kraft (but his victims were young men) who lived not far from them on Ocean Blvd. My dad asked me if she was "the lady who used to always run on the beach who was murdered in her apartment?" I'm not sure who that is, but it is not this Jane Doe. If anyone does know about a lady who was murdered in her coastal Long Beach apartment in the mid 1970s, could you please let me know and if her killer was brought to justice? My dad (for some reason) thought that the person who murdered her may have murdered Jane Doe as well.

I was never exactly sure from reading the Doe Network post and the newspaper article at the time -- did the person or persons who killed her leave her on the beach or could she have washed up from somewhere else (or someone dumped her off a boat). Were there any footprints leading to her body?

I was never exactly sure from reading the Doe Network post and the newspaper article at the time -- did the person or persons who killed her leave her on the beach or could she have washed up from somewhere else (or someone dumped her off a boat). Were there any footprints leading to her body?

Her DoeNet narrative says that she was found in the "surge surf". It would seem to suggest that she was dumped in the water, but she may have been dumped at the shoreline, and was pulled into the surf by a high tide.

Went missing November 25, 1973. She was 17 years old and she is not listed on the NCMEC website. Miss Sejalbo went missing from Santa Clara, CA. Her dentals should make for an easy ID or Rule-out.
Y'all can see her info here: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sejalbo_lulaida.html

I believe this Jane is Filipino.

Attachments

• Lulaida Morales Sejalbo-missing 11-25-1973.jpg
    Lulaida Morales Sejalbo-missing 11-25-1973.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 160
Lulaida's nose looks quite different IMO, especially at the bridge.
I noticed that, too! What struck me was the rest of their features, so close, the hairline (that prominent off center part) their jawline, their mouth and teeth. The only available photo of Sejalbo isn't very clear and it says "Circa 1973" but I always wonder when I see the circa date, the actual time the photo was taken. To me, Sejalbo looks younger than seventeen in the photo.

Here's a side by side (your recon and Sejalbo):

Attachments

• Unidentified Jane Doe-Long Beach CA found on 5-28-1974 Reconstruction.-Lulaida Sejalbo.jpg
    Unidentified Jane Doe-Long Beach CA found on 5-28-1974 Reconstruction.-Lulaida Sejalbo.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 168
Went missing November 25, 1973. She was 17 years old and she is not listed on the NCMEC website. Miss Sejalbo went missing from Santa Clara, CA. Her dentals should make for an easy ID or Rule-out.
Y'all can see her info here: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sejalbo_lulaida.html

I believe this Jane is Filipino.

I really don't see it, sorry. To me, she looks Caucasian (possibly Mediterranean in origin). I know that the majority of the posts say that she is probably Latino.

This might be a strange observation, but recently I was looking through the Doe Network and Charley Project websites and noticed that a few of the missing women who bore a passing resemblance to the unidentified woman from Long Beach, their posts said that they were thought to be a victim of Ted Bundy. I wonder if that is the case with Jane Doe if we knew her name (that she is believed to be a victim of Ted Bundy while her real murder went apprehended)?

This might be a strange observation, but recently I was looking through the Doe Network and Charley Project websites and noticed that a few of the missing women who bore a passing resemblance to the unidentified woman from Long Beach, their posts said that they were thought to be a victim of Ted Bundy. I wonder if that is the case with Jane Doe if we knew her name (that she is believed to be a victim of Ted Bundy while her real murder went apprehended)?

AFAIK, Long Beach CA wasn't anywhere near Bundy's areas of operation. He operated in Oregon, Washington State, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, and Florida

AFAIK, Long Beach CA wasn't anywhere near Bundy's areas of operation. He operated in Oregon, Washington State, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, and Florida

I know. I just couldn't help but thinking that she had a passing resemblance to Donna Gail Manson and Vicki Lynn Hollar as well as several of the other women thought to be victims of Ted Bundy.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/manson_donna.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hollar_vicki.html

I was just thinking if she had come from somewhere else (i.e. the Pacific Northwest) and her family didn't know that she was in Long Beach, maybe her disappearance was thought to have had something to do with Ted Bundy instead. I guess that it is a stretch.

I tried to find out what (if anything) was going on at the Long Beach Arena around that time, but I was unable to. The day that she was discovered was the Tuesday after the Memorial Day long weekend. I didn't realize that until recently.

If she was a hospital employee (if she was wearing Scrubs), St. Mary's Hospital is about 10 short city blocks north on Linden Ave. Also, Long Beach Community Hospital and Long Beach Memorial are not that far from where she was found (with St. Mary's being the closest).

Could this be Valarie Cuccia? She disappeared from Brooklyn, NY May 4, 1974.

Cuccia was last seen outside a discotheque at 96th St and 3rd Ave, New York City, getting into a vehicle with two unknown white males. She was last seen wearing a plaid coat with a fur collar, a striped polo shirt, camel pants, and black boots with studs on the side. Valarie has a scar on her left calf.

Case Information
Status Missing First name Valarie Middle name Lorraine Last name Cuccia
Nickname/Alias
NCMEC number 1175398
Date LKA May 04, 1974 22:00
Date entered 09/01/2010

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8048

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8048

I realize that I am responding to an older post, but saw it when reading more recent ones.

It is true that Ted was known to be in all of the mentioned states, primarily because he is tied to murders in them. He was also known to be in Chicago, IL and Ann Arbor, Michigan following his escape from Colorado. He passed through a number of other states on his way down to Florida for his final killing spree.

I would not entirely rule him out of California. In fact, he may well have visited California in the mid 1970's. The question would be could you say for certain that he was somehwere else on the dates in question.

It may be a remote chance that he murdered this girl, but one thing that you can say about Bundy is that he had a definite preference for a certain type of victim. If this girl has similarities in look, size, age, etc. , it is worth looking into.

article-2013565-0CF81A9700000578-168_306x355.jpg

There are some similarities to Jeannette Kamahele. The soft chin, the lips, the way her front teeth are more forward than the rest, the freckle or mole under her left nostril. The biggest problem is the two year difference between the time of Jeanette going missing and the UID being found. Jeanette would had to have been held for two years. Also, Jeanette had a dental bridge and dentals for UID are not mentioned.http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2607dfca.html

I realize that I am responding to an older post, but saw it when reading more recent ones.

It is true that Ted was known to be in all of the mentioned states, primarily because he is tied to murders in them. He was also known to be in Chicago, IL and Ann Arbor, Michigan following his escape from Colorado. He passed through a number of other states on his way down to Florida for his final killing spree.

I would not entirely rule him out of California. In fact, he may well have visited California in the mid 1970's. The question would be could you say for certain that he was somehwere else on the dates in question.

It may be a remote chance that he murdered this girl, but one thing that you can say about Bundy is that he had a definite preference for a certain type of victim. If this girl has similarities in look, size, age, etc. , it is worth looking into.

As far as California goes, Ted Bundy briefly attended Stanford in 1968.
Also, in 1973 he took a trip to California as part of his work with the Democratic Party.

California is where his one-time girlfriend, (identified by the pseudonym "Stephanie Brooks" in Ann' Rule's book) lived with her family. It is not inconcieveable that sometime between 68' and 71 he could have visited California even just to watch or stalk her, although there is no proof of that.

Bob Keppel, who worked the Bundy case for years, thinks, as do some LE officers in California, that Bundy could be a viable suspect in the Santa Rosa Hitchhiker Murders: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/07/09/Ted-Bundy-a-suspect-in-Calif-killings/UPI-96451310226800/

That said, I think this victim fits his victimology, but not necessarily his pattern. This would have had to fall between Kathleen Parks (May 6) in Oregon, and Brenda Ball on June 1 in Seattle. At this point in his criminal pursuits, Bundy was killing about once a month (that we know), and not sooner than 10 days apart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back