CA CA - Long Beach, WhtFem 700UFCA, 20-28, on beach, faux fur coat, May'74

... Also, in 1973 he took a trip to California as part of his work with the Democratic Party. ...

I think Ted Bundy volunteered for the young Republicans. It was JW Gacy who was an activist for the Democratic party.

Not that either party (R or D) should have to answer to the acts of either Bundy or Gacy, as their evil acts had nothing to do with their politics.

I think Ted Bundy volunteered for the young Republicans. It was JW Gacy who was an activist for the Democratic party.

Not that either party (R or D) should have to answer to the acts of either Bundy or Gacy, as their evil acts had nothing to do with their politics.

Ah, right you are - on both counts.

I wasn't very clear when I made my previous post about this lady looking similar to the known victims of Ted Bundy. I think she looks a lot like Vicki Lynn Hollar except she is a few inches taller.
hollar_vicki.jpg
hollar_vicki2.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hollar_vicki.html
I had wondered if, Shoreline Drive Jane Doe had been reported missing (in a jurisdiction where Ted Bundy was "active") and because of her physical appearance, LE had been under the impression that she had been murdered by Mr. Bundy and her remains were not found, thus not putting together that she was the UID found deceased in Long Beach, CA and not actually murdered by Mr. Bundy but by someone else.

Ive searched all over the internet for Shoreline Drive Jane Doe, checking any 1970-1974 missing female profile I could find. Im tempted to start checking the 60s in case she is a runaway. Has anyone tried the 60s?

Ive searched all over the internet for Shoreline Drive Jane Doe, checking any 1970-1974 missing female profile I could find. Im tempted to start checking the 60s in case she is a runaway. Has anyone tried the 60s?

I have for both Shoreline Jane Doe and Wilmington John Doe who were found in the Long Beach area (as well as several other people who were found in other jurisdictions). Unfortunately, it seems like the further you go back, the less missing persons reports there are available on websites like NamUs, the Charley Project, and Doe Network. :maddening:

I was really disheartened to read a quote from Long Beach Police Lt. Lloyd Cox (about Oral Stuart Jr. who was an UID from 1974 to 2012) stating that --
"Most of the coroner's files and our files from that time are missing,"
http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_20206753/marines-body-found-dumped-east-long-beach-1974

I wonder if someone reported Shoreline Jane Doe missing and the report got misplaced or someone got rid of it after X amount of years? I guess LE could have also refused to take a report to begin with. I wonder if she has family out there wondering what happened to her?

I have for both Shoreline Jane Doe and Wilmington John Doe who were found in the Long Beach area (as well as several other people who were found in other jurisdictions). Unfortunately, it seems like the further you go back, the less missing persons reports there are available on websites like NamUs, the Charley Project, and Doe Network. :maddening:

I was really disheartened to read a quote from Long Beach Police Lt. Lloyd Cox (about Oral Stuart Jr. who was an UID from 1974 to 2012) stating that --

http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_20206753/marines-body-found-dumped-east-long-beach-1974

I wonder if someone reported Shoreline Jane Doe missing and the report got misplaced or someone got rid of it after X amount of years? I guess LE could have also refused to take a report to begin with. I wonder if she has family out there wondering what happened to her?

What you say is so true. Since the start of the internet, when newspapers started putting stories on line, and since missing persons posters have been placed there, there have been many more matches between missing persons and John/Jane Does.

There have been older missing person cases posted on the internet in recent years at an increasing rate - so yes, it is very likely that they were lost or misfiled over the years.

There's a recent article with a brief mention of this Jane Doe, along with a new NCMEC facial reconstruction.

2646149180045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_20767780

http://www.presstelegram.com/rss/ci_20769916/cold-cases-when-even-victims-are-mystery

Jane Doe No. 40 looked to be in her 20s or perhaps early 30s when she was strangled in 1974 and her body was found on the beach, on a jetty that used to be located behind the Villa Riviera on Ocean Boulevard.

She was left face down, and remained clothed in her pastel jumpsuit and a furry jacket, her long hair tangled with sand. Though part of the jumpsuit was pulled down, her killer didn't take her small diamond ring.

Thanks, Ambercat for calling this to my attention.

I had wondered about the location where this woman was found for some time. After reading the Press-Telegram article, which explained that there used to be a jetty there (near Shoreline and Linden, near the Villa Rivera), I cannot help but to wonder was she visible from the Villa Rivera? The Villa Rivera is a large building with a lot of residents --
2877581570048921600S425x425Q85.jpg

It is the one with the green roof in the photo and the jetty is long gone. Although the tan building with the red roof wasn't built until much later, there were still quite a few other apartment/condominiums there at the time. Did anyone notice anything suspicious the night before? I think I had this same question about a male UID who was found buried in the sand in front of the Villa Rivera ten years later. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140400

The new recon of 1978 Belmont Shore John Doe is reasonably close, but this one - not so much.

I was about to mention Acala's woman in the fur coat, but I do think they look way too different around the nose area.

Question though, if I bump my nose on something it swells horribly, is there any way that the nose is distorted from swelling? Would the swelling stay after death or would it go away?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back