Identified! CA - Long Beach - WhtMale 15-19 - 1392UMCA - 'Paid' stamp on hand- Jun'78 - Kenneth Nevada Williams

The DDP website FAQ says you can refer cases to them and I've seen recent references on their FB page to the fact that they have reached out directly to LE on some cases. FAQ - DNA Doe Project Cases
I’d give it a try! I tried to suggest him to the DDP but the process asked me about an agency, maybe I clicked the wrong link.

Thank you for the link!

Something that is kinda strange is that his dentals are not available. Are they available if the coroner notes that dental work has been done?

They may be held locally.

Yeah, maybe they haven't been spread to every dentist at Long Beach. I think our guy is local to California, if he indeed was visiting Ripples then he could have come for the day, he could have hitchhiked to get up there. My guess is that he rejected someone.

I'm unsure if this is strange but this case gets me so upset and sad, last night i cried for him, there's something about this that just lingers on my mind, i can't imagine someone hurting him and leaving him on the side of the street. He seemed like a fun person, a free spirit. I often think of him.

Do you know where the yearbook photo is?
It's on the pages of the online version, i'm unsure if i can post them here though as i don't want to break the rules.

So far, there are two photos of the yearbook, from 1973 to 1974.

Actually, it looks like Carl has posted photos of yearbooks here, so I think your good, but I am not sure.

Jeff's yearbook photos do resemble our guy a lot, his nose seems like a match and the way he combs his hair is very similar to the way the UID's hair is parted. If he is indeed JD then he would have been 21/22 at the time of his passing.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up as Beth Doe's case followed a similar trend. If Jeff is not JD then i just hope that he's found alive and well.

Added to ruleouts The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

MP9222 Robert Coe 03/12/1978 Travis TX
MP22913 Donald Dumas 07/14/1971 Los Angeles CA
MP17638 Jose Espinoza 04/13/1977 Los Angeles CA
MP17622 Daniel Hoffer 05/28/1975 Los Angeles CA
MP7666 John Hundley 10/15/1964 Hamilton OH
MP1752 Christopher King 08/02/1974 San Bernardino CA
MP23609 Andrew Mantheiy 05/19/1977 Shasta CA
MP56768 Ralph Miller 09/19/1970 Polk FL
MP12064 David Stack 06/01/1976 Broomfield CO
Canada -- Jean Vincent
MP30551 Patrick Wright 12/05/1975 San Francisco CA

I did a side by side of the post mortem photo (the new one) and Jeff Daum's yearbook photos and the similarities are uncanny. Even though the quality of the yb photos aren't the best, I'd bet he's our guy. I hope DNA doe projects consider John Doe's case one of these days.
Yes, I agree.
And I was thinking if Michelle isn't around anymore, who is there to make a missing person report on Jeff?
Or did LE find him alive for her, in which case we can stop spending time on him?

I feel like there is something amiss with him, but looking at his features separately there is no denying some look identical.

Yes, I agree.
And I was thinking if Michelle isn't around anymore, who is there to make a missing person report on Jeff?
Or did LE find him alive for her, in which case we can stop spending time on him?

I feel like there is something amiss with him, but looking at his features separately there is no denying some look identical.

When Michelle was active on this thread, she said that she made a missing person report and that she spoke with the coroner (I think via telephone). I tried looking for a missing person report but I couldn’t find one, maybe they did locate Jeff and Michelle just forgot to let us know.

Also, a Ancentry search of Jeff Daum, born on July 9th 1956 (I think that was his birthday, the same that Michelle gave) says that he’s currently living and has a active landline.

I did a side by side of the post mortem photo (the new one) and Jeff Daum's yearbook photos and the similarities are uncanny. Even though the quality of the yb photos aren't the best, I'd bet he's our guy. I hope DNA doe projects consider John Doe's case one of these days.

I sent a email to the investigator responsible on our guy’s case and asked them if there was any chance that the DNA Doe Project or another genealogy agency could work on his case.

I also asked them if anything came out of Michelle’s lead, since she said that she passed the tip to LE. She asked if I knew her name (I didn’t refer to her initially) and if there was any contact info. I gave her some details on Jeff and did refer to this thread if she wanted to know more details that Michelle gave.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back