Identified! CA - Long Beach, WhtMale UP4400, 18-30, dismembered, in dumpster, Aug'79 Keith A Jackson

Doe Network mentions the scar on the left knee only, and NamUs mentions the lower abdomen scar only, which is interesting. The NamUs page was created more than six years before Doe Network page, but seems like it is more up to date (it includes the new reconstruction now too). Plus Doe Network says the DNA for this Doe is available, which seems to contradict what the LA Coroner told me before, so I would tend to lean on the side of trusting NamUs more.

Frankly, I think it is just initial agency confusion about possibly discovering two different people behind the gas station. If it was two bodies being dumped, Kraft's scorecard would probably refer to '76' with a 2 number instead. All of that makes me think it is only one person.
Geez...I didn’t even think to compare Doe Network :oops: Thanks for clarifying!

Yeah, I too think it’s one person, and in turn probably means both scars apply. Just a guess though. Hopefully I hear something back about Clay.

Is there someplace (reliable) I can see Kraft’s scorecard before and after victims were identified? A comprehensive list. A lot of links posted here are broken. I want to see how each one was linked to his “nicknames”. For example, this John Doe was linked to his notation “76”. TIA!

Serial Killer Randy Kraft's Scorecard
Does this link work for you, @MadMcGoo?
Granted this isn't the full list of identified entries (I can attest to NAVY WHITE and IOWA as being possible identities to two new victims, plus AIRPLANE HILL has an incorrect date). Otherwise, it is the most detailed list of victims after they were matched. If you would like, I can create a new spreadsheet for you as well. :)

Serial Killer Randy Kraft's Scorecard
Does this link work for you, @MadMcGoo?
Granted this isn't the full list of identified entries (I can attest to NAVY WHITE and IOWA as being possible identities to two new victims, plus AIRPLANE HILL has an incorrect date). Otherwise, it is the most detailed list of victims after they were matched. If you would like, I can create a new spreadsheet for you as well. :)
Ahha! Thank you!! I'll take a look when I'm ready to go down that rabbit hole ;)

4401's NamUs is down (I remember checking this a while ago before I made an account and it was still down then, so either they have been identified or they were a duplicate of the previous case). ME/C Case # 197910802 (NamUs UP # 4401), as you say, has the case ME/C case number as Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner though, so maybe it's the same person and they have a scar on the leg AND the abdomen? I have yet to see any reference to an abdomen scar though (just the leg scar). If Long Beach John Doe 1979 had such a feature though, that would make Clay Foreman even more of a possible match, given he had a scar/birthmark on his stomach.
Which Doe is/was NamUs 4401?

3 Exclusions
MP8701 Douglas Rubin 02/23/1979 Queens, NY
MP23522 Gus Hoffman 07/04/1978 Santa Clara, CA
MP1740 Jay Pringle 04/19/1977 Jackson, OR

Identified as Keith Anthony Jackson according to doe net

2475UMCA

• 2475UMCA1.jpg

2475UMCA, discovered on August 29, 1979 in Long Beach, California has been identified as Keith Anthony Jackson per The Los Angeles Medical Examiner-Coroner. No further information is available

Last edited:
Keith Anthony Jackson – The Charley Project

jackson_keith.jpg

Jackson, circa 1979

"Details of Disappearance
Jackson left his home in Manchester, England on August 6, 1979 to travel to the Los Angeles, California area for a six- to seven-week vacation. About a month later, he called home and said he had visited Disneyland in Anaheim, California and would be returning to England in about two weeks. He didn't indicate anything was wrong.

He never returned home and has never been heard from again. His father placed ads in Los Angeles area newspapers asking for information, but to no result. Little evidence is available as to Jackson's fate."

Keith Anthony Jackson's WS thread:
CA - CA - Keith Anthony Jackson, 21, Los Angeles, 6 Aug 1979 *from England

Looking at the timeline, he might have been picked up hitchhiking and killed right after visiting Disneyland and calling home. Awful.
I'm glad he was finally found (And judging by who is most likely responsible, the man who did it is behind bars where he belongs).
Rest in peace, Keith.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back