CA-Los Angeles: Infant death on 405 Fwy tied to 2 other deadly scenes

The girl lost hold of the baby, who was then struck by a vehicle on the freeway and was later pronounced dead at the scene.

Responding to my own post. That poor child who survived. Not only does it appear she witnessed all that went down in the apartment between the 2 adults, but to lose her grip on her (step?)sibling and have it struck by a car in front of her? Ugh. I can't even imagine. :( I hope she's able to block what she's seen (or push it into the deep recesses of her mind) and grow up to be a happy and functioning adult. :) Not wanting to sound corny but... May the power be with her. After what she's dealt with, she deserves happiness and good things.

:(

She then apparently forced the two girls out of her vehicle in the middle of the 405 Freeway in Westchester. The older girl, a 9-year-old, was holding the 8-month-old when they were ejected from the SUV and hit the roadway, investigators say. The girl lost hold of the baby, who was then struck by a vehicle on the freeway and was later pronounced dead at the scene.

Sources say Johnson had been living in Woodland Hills with 29-year-old Jaelen Chaney and they had been a couple for several years. She was in the process of divorcing another man, the father of her 9-year-old daughter. Authorities have not yet confirmed if Chaney was the biological father of the baby who died on the freeway.

omg so sorry little girl
I hope the world comes together to help her heal from this

This is such of horrible and unbelievable tragedy. The little girl will be so traumatized and I hope that she will be supported as much as possible, with love and therapy.

The Redondo beach crash happened about 4 miles away from me. People were shocked by its violence.

The couple lived in Woodland Hills, the children were thrown onto the 405 near Culver City. That's quite a distance apart. Then this woman ends up in Redondo Beach. Why here? What was she thinking to aim for Redondo Beach? It's quite a distance from the 405.

I'm thinking.....was she aiming for the cliffs here in Palos Verdes? She was 4/4.5 miles away from our cliffs.
We've had two vehicles drive off the cliffs, purposely, in the last year, and several jumping suicides as well.
On the local Nextdoor, people living in Redondo Beach stated that the particular corner of PCH and Vincent is accident prone. There's a 4 way crosswalk. Pedestrians have been hit, accidents have happened there before. Maybe she did purposely aim for the tree, but I wonder.

Again, it's the little girl who I feel so sorry for. 9 years old....and losing her little sibling.

I think the mom intended to spare the kids by getting them out of the car. She was clearly not able to think rationally at that point but in that case getting them out of the car she was driving may have been her short-sighted way of getting them to safety.

She took the kids with her instead of hurting them but then I think she knew she was going to end her own life with the car so they couldn’t stay in the car.

If the little girl had been in the car when it hit the tree I don’t think she would have lived given the image I saw of the car.

I think the mom intended to spare the kids by getting them out of the car. She was clearly not able to think rationally at that point but in that case getting them out of the car she was driving may have been her short-sighted way of getting them to safety.

She took the kids with her instead of hurting them but then I think she knew she was going to end her own life with the car so they couldn’t stay in the car.

If the little girl had been in the car when it hit the tree I don’t think she would have lived given the image I saw of the car.
If you want to spare children from harm, you leave them in a SAFE location, you don't push them out of your car on a busy freeway.

The amount of traffic cops, road workers, truck drivers and members of the public who break down who get killed on the verge of freeways is well known.

No one who had any regard for the wellbeing of two very young kids would leave them there.

You leave them at a hospital, a fire station, a library, a mall... Even a truck stop or fuel station. On the doorstep of a suburban home. Not on a busy freeway with cars and trucks roaring by and no responsible adult to aid them. She killed that baby just as much as she did her husband, because she didn't care any more what happened to her kids.

MOO

Last edited:
Investigators believe Johnson killed her partner inside their home before fleeing, pushed her two small daughters out of the car on the 405 and then deliberately rammed her SUV into the tree in Redondo Beach in an apparent suicide.

A law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation told The Times on Tuesday that the 9-year-old girl who was found on the freeway witnessed the deadly events and told investigators what had happened. After the stabbing, Johnson got into the car with the children and rammed through the security gate to leave the complex, according to the source, who was not authorized to speak publicly about the matter and requested anonymity.
Infant pushed out of car on 405 is one of three dead after shocking family violence

OMG the horror! Shoved them out of the vehicle on the 405 :mad:

My heart and prayers go out to the surviving 9 yr old daughter. what she lived through and witnessed that night? Jesus wept. I pray she gets all the support she needs to process this awful awful event.
Words truly fail.

Love and prayers and support for the 9-year-old child. My heart goes out to her.

IMO

If you want to spare children from harm, you leave them in a SAFE location, you don't push them out of your car on a busy freeway.

The amount of traffic cops, road workers, truck drivers and members of the public who break down who get killed on the verge of freeways is well known.

No one who had any regard for the wellbeing of two very young kids would leave them there.

You leave them at a hospital, a fire station, a library, a mall... Even a truck stop or fuel station. On the doorstep of a suburban home. Not on a busy freeway with cars and trucks roaring by and no responsible adult to aid them. She killed that baby just as much as her husband, because she didn't care any more what happened to her kids.

MOO
Moo..this was not planned..imoo...the mother n father had physical fight...mother in heightened emotional state and suicidal...one child is safe, personally I hope the child believes her mother did care and loved her and tried to get them safe, before she suicided...moo

Responding to my own post. That poor child who survived. Not only does it appear she witnessed all that went down in the apartment between the 2 adults, but to lose her grip on her (step?)sibling and have it struck by a car in front of her? Ugh. I can't even imagine. :( I hope she's able to block what she's seen (or push it into the deep recesses of her mind) and grow up to be a happy and functioning adult. :) Not wanting to sound corny but... May the power be with her. After what she's dealt with, she deserves happiness and good things.
Thinking how the driver of the car who struck the baby must feel too? Absolutely horrendous :(

Thinking how the driver of the car who struck the baby must feel too? Absolutely horrendous :(
I hope they didn't know, and that they never do.

I know that's unlikely to be realistic, but that driver is innocent and does not deserve the weight of that baby's death on them. That belongs to the mother, and her alone. Not the driver, not the sibling who couldn't hold onto her sister.

MOO

where did you see a picture of the car?
can it be linked here? (MSM or police site)

You leave them at a hospital, a fire station, a library, a mall... Even a truck stop or fuel station. On the doorstep of a suburban home. Not on a busy freeway with cars and trucks roaring by and no responsible adult to aid them. She killed that baby just as much as she did her husband, because she didn't care any more what happened to her kids.

MOO
Oh 100% she didn’t achieve getting them to safety if that’s what she intended. I just meant she got them out of the car before she crashed it and that in an irrational state of mind it could have just been like “I’m crashing this car, get the kids out of it first”. Like without metaphorical peripheral vision to realize that where she left them was just as bad.

Maybe I’m doing too much wishful thinking to give the poor girls mom’s love. I’m imagining that she was in acute crisis at the time and couldn’t have gone through the steps to do the reasonable thing.

Absolutely tragic. And I agree with you I hope the driver who hit the baby girl doesn’t know also. Or if they do know that they find some way to process it.

I'm confused. If their apartment was North of where the kids "left" the car, and she crashed further south of both of those 2 places, why was her car traveling Northbound? It should have been traveling Southbound to get from point A to B to her final '"stop".

Around 4:30 a.m., the mother and the two children were driving northbound in a dark colored Porsche Cayenne on the 405 Freeway

and...

A baby girl died and another girl was hospitalized with injuries after they were found on the northbound 405 Freeway in the Westchester area Monday.

"If anyone else was in the area, northbound 405 at Centinela Avenue approximate 4:30 (a.m.), we'd appreciate if you could call with any information

1712772018993.png

I'm confused. If their apartment was North of where the kids "left" the car, and she crashed further south of both of those 2 places, why was her car traveling Northbound? It should have been traveling Southbound to get from point A to B to her final '"stop".

Around 4:30 a.m., the mother and the two children were driving northbound in a dark colored Porsche Cayenne on the 405 Freeway

and...

A baby girl died and another girl was hospitalized with injuries after they were found on the northbound 405 Freeway in the Westchester area Monday.

"If anyone else was in the area, northbound 405 at Centinela Avenue approximate 4:30 (a.m.), we'd appreciate if you could call with any information

View attachment 496305

One thing that map makes very clear is all the places she could have left her kids where they would have been found and safe. I was picturing a freeway going through empty, rural space or something. But no, it passes though places like Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, one of the most densely populated urban centres of the western United States.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.
Back