CA CA - Los Angeles, WhtMale 50-70, UP3343, collapsed at a McDonalds, August 2001 *PM PHOTOS*

bombardier

Reaction score
Apologies if this man already has a thread, but I looked and couldn't find one. Due to the photos and recognizable face, I think he's potentially identifiable.
Date Body Found: August 15, 2001
Estimated Age: 50-70
Height: 5'8" (measured)
Weight: 153lbs (measured)
Circumstances of Recovery: SUBJ C0LLAPSED IN THE 0UTSIDE EATING AREA AT MC D0NALDS 0N SUNSET IN HOLLYWOOD
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Green
Scar/mark: SCAR T0 R SIDE 0F ABD0MEN
Clothing: SP0RT TYPE T-SHIRT YELLOW, BLK W #13 0N FR0NT, NAVY BLUE PANTS, GRAY P0L0 S0CKS.
Footwear: BLK AIR J0RDAN TENNIS SH0ES
PM photos: Please see link as per TOS.

Rule-outs:
Michael Allan DLC 1997
James Bradford DLC 1996
Carlo Pfaff DLC 1999
Michael Watkins 1998

Right off the bat, I'd like to know what you guys think of this guy, Winburn Bollen. He was last seen in Cottonwood AZ (7 hour drive from LA), earlier that year in February, 60 y/o, was 6'1" and 200lbs (so a little taller and heavier), with blonde hair and blue eyes (vs. white hair and green eyes). I think, when considering potential weight loss and some additional aging (I'm not sure when his photo was taken but it seems to be an intake photo from jail), they look similar.
1653261012175.png1653261022553.png
A few potential differences I can see, though, are that the UID might have 'wider' nostrils (though it's hard to tell due to his reclined position vs. MP upright position), the UID has a right-sided earlobe crease whereof the MP does not (at least on his left ear - I will say though that I believe the 'crease' may be accentuated due to postmortem blood pooling as you can see his ear is red and swollen) and the MP has a right cheek mole while the UID does not, if the photo is indeed showing his right side; however, the UID seems to have a pockmark where that mole is (I took a screenshot that I think is ok to show) that may be an area where a premalignant mole was removed.
1653261268594.png

I think it's worth a try to submit. It's hard to compare the two because of angles etc

Right off the bat, I'd like to know what you guys think of this guy, Winburn Bollen. He was last seen in Cottonwood AZ (7 hour drive from LA), earlier that year in February, 60 y/o, was 6'1" and 200lbs (so a little taller and heavier), with blonde hair and blue eyes (vs. white hair and green eyes). I think, when considering potential weight loss and some additional aging (I'm not sure when his photo was taken but it seems to be an intake photo from jail), they look similar.
View attachment 345423View attachment 345424
A few potential differences I can see, though, are that the UID might have 'wider' nostrils (though it's hard to tell due to his reclined position vs. MP upright position), the UID has a right-sided earlobe crease whereof the MP does not (at least on his left ear - I will say though that I believe the 'crease' may be accentuated due to postmortem blood pooling as you can see his ear is red and swollen) and the MP has a right cheek mole while the UID does not, if the photo is indeed showing his right side; however, the UID seems to have a pockmark where that mole is (I took a screenshot that I think is ok to show) that may be an area where a premalignant mole was removed.
View attachment 345425
Finally getting around to submitting all these potential IDs while I'm on xmas break from school ;) Got an answer from LA County Coroner within the day. For future reference, this is the direct e-mail to the identifications section of the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner; IDUnit@coroner.lacounty.gov

bumping
No new rule outs since last year. This case does puzzle me bc he seems like just your average dad and I find it hard to believe no one is looking for him....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grammy 4
Back