Found Deceased CA - Lucas Horan, 39, Emeryville Marina, 24 Dec 2020

Covid-long simply referred the victim’s hair length in a missing person’s poster ... it is an odd expression but the statement was something like ‘hair covid-long’ as in not recently cut
I've definitely heard of people saying that. His recent photos on Strava don't necessarily look Covid long but I'll leave that for someone else to estimate. Covid long implies hasn't been cut but I think he kept his hair long normally.

Sorry, I'm not sure I follow? Any idea what that might mean?
"covid long" refers to people with past COVID-19 infections who are suffering lingering effects. There's a wide range of symptoms.

Covid Survivors With Long-Term Symptoms Need Urgent Attention, Experts Say
"Clinics treating Covid survivors are seeing a striking number of people with brain fog and other thinking problems, as well as psychological issues", doctors participating in the workshop said.
EDIT - Sorry, this may actually have referred to his hair, see other posts

Last edited:
"covid long" refers to people with past COVID-19 infections who are suffering lingering effects. There's a wide range of symptoms.

Covid Survivors With Long-Term Symptoms Need Urgent Attention, Experts Say
"Clinics treating Covid survivors are seeing a striking number of people with brain fog and other thinking problems, as well as psychological issues", doctors participating in the workshop said.
Not trying to deny this as I've seen this definition too, but @ThisIsWeird noted it said "covid long hair" so just want to confirm if that is the case, as I didn't see a poster stating anything about covid.

Not trying to deny this as I've seen this definition too, but @ThisIsWeird noted it said "covid long hair" so just want to confirm if that is the case, as I didn't see a poster stating anything about covid.

“Covid long” definitely refers to his hair (per discussion in the FB group). The 1st poster said “Covid long”, feedback was that wording confused people, so they took it out and replaced it with “hair brown, mid length shag.”

I found the earlier version of the poster on SM (Strava), and now have to admit it may more likely have referred to his hair, given the context - it was in his physical description: "Hair, Brown, Covid-long Possibly wearing jeans..."
Sorry for the confusion.

“Covid long” definitely refers to his hair (per discussion in the FB group). The 1st poster said “Covid long”, feedback was that wording confused people, so they took it out and replaced it with “hair brown, mid length shag.”
Interesting because his hair has been very long before, and he seems to have had a trim somewhat recently (according to his Strava pictures) what a strange way to describe it.

Interesting because his hair has been very long before, and he seems to have had a trim somewhat recently (according to his Strava pictures) what a strange way to describe it.
And just to further add to the confusion, LH posted a screenshot of a recent negative Covid PCR test on Strava. That's a pretty odd thing to post. But pictures of x-ray images of sports-related broken bone injuries are all too common.

There is so much posted on social media via the website and Instagram it’s bizarre. Maybe he had enough of her “uniqueness” and bolted. If he indeed made it to shore that makes the most sense to me. Really, after sleuthing, this one is so strange. Apologies in advance if I violated any rules in regards to mentioning social media.

Have the neighbours (the one KKF asked about him and the one who he went on the boat with) come forward? While LE seems to have shared the Finding Lucas post, it'd be nice to see some official statement regarding who saw him last.

Also: His Strava says he wears a Garmin fēnix 6, which is a crazy expensive GPS watch. Is that in his boat, and if not, could LE track it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have the neighbours (the one KKF asked about him and the one who he went on the boat with) come forward? While LE seems to have shared the Finding Lucas post, it'd be nice to see some official statement regarding who saw him last.

Also: His Strava says he wears a Garmin fēnix 6, which is a crazy expensive GPS watch. Is that in his boat, and if not, could LE track it?
It was also mentioned on Strava that he left his watch behind on the boat. His public Strava records, of course, have been idle since a 12 mile trail run Dec. 20.

Regarding Strava, for those not familiar with it, they very recently (4-6 weeks ago) for privacy reasons forced all account owners to "opt in" for sharing their data with the public. So the data and images LH shared there were presumably made public by his choice. That said, users have the option to choose individual activities to be either private or shared with friends only, or the public.

So I am editing my post as I just realized the TOS included friends. So, with that, I just want to say there is a lot of info given on the Finding Lucas page that IMO doesn’t seem to help find Lucas and I have questions as to what some of the information that is given on the page is trying to achieve!

Last edited:
Hard to say on here, as we are victim-and family-friendly. She has not been named a suspect so we can't say anything about her, but I agree, the finding Lucas site raised some questions for me too. I hope he just needed some time away and gets home safe.

Yeah, I agree. I don't want to be overly suspicious of the story but so much of it just makes no sense. He was a scientist. He was theoretically incredibly smart, why would he go for a swim in the middle of the night through an area boats drive around without any visibility gear?

100-200 yards may not be all that far but 100 yards is about a football field. That's not only a far swim at dark (a boat could easily hit you) but could the neighbour have even been able to see him, let alone identify him at that distance at that time at night?

This is my concern as well. How could the neighbor even see him at 100 yards, at midnight?

Where is the information about her proposing to him? I missed that.

We still have no explanation for how he got back to the Emeryville marina after being deposited near the Costco (Solano Drive area) on the way between East Bay and Sacramento.

There are instagram maps showing the very long runs he took (certainly a 30 mile run is possible for him). Quite a high energy guy if after that very busy day, he not only goes for a bay cruise, but also a midnight bay swim.

If he did get out of the water, in those temperatures, and did not go to his own boat to change, that's indicative to me of a person in distress and/or some kind of agitated state where they aren't thinking clearly. He'd had a long day of dramatic events, IMO.

This is my concern as well. How could the neighbor even see him at 100 yards, at midnight?

Where is the information about her proposing to him? I missed that.

We still have no explanation for how he got back to the Emeryville marina after being deposited near the Costco (Solano Drive area) on the way between East Bay and Sacramento.

There are instagram maps showing the very long runs he took (certainly a 30 mile run is possible for him). Quite a high energy guy if after that very busy day, he not only goes for a bay cruise, but also a midnight bay swim.

If he did get out of the water, in those temperatures, and did not go to his own boat to change, that's indicative to me of a person in distress and/or some kind of agitated state where they aren't thinking clearly. He'd had a long day of dramatic events, IMO.
what we know — FINDING LUCAS Here is the official, KKF run search page. The section about Christmas is where she describes how she is planning to propose to LH, in front of her ex-husband and his au-pair.

I agree about him being high energy, but he was also on his was to Sacramento, I don't think he was dressed for a run, but maybe he just always is. He theoretically doesn't have much "stuff" considering he lives on a houseboat.

His Strava is also available here: Strava Runner Profile | Lucas Horan

Something in these stories is not true. That is, if it doesnt make sense, its not true (IMO). So either KKF is wrong, or the neighbor is wrong, or both, but the story as posted doesn't make any sense.

So I am editing my post as I just realized the TOS included friends. So, with that, I just want to say there is a lot of info given on the Finding Lucas page that IMO doesn’t seem to help find Lucas and I have questions as to what some of the information that is given on the page is trying to achieve!
Agree. TMI!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back