CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020 #2

Just some things swirling in my head as I was on my walk today and thought of Dia:

Playing devil’s advocate: That photo of Dia sitting next to KH at a table, where she looked like maybe she gained some weight: maybe she was in a love relationship with KH, and did gain weight as kind of a result. It happens for some because you’re more relaxed, feel more accepted for who you are, etc.. Sun Spot said Dia was looking for a “savior” and maybe she thought she found KH to be one with his take charge persona.

Bunco in the San Diego area: @Sun Spot, do you happen to know what time of day these game get together took place? When Dia would go there, was it for an overnight trip? If so, where would she stay down there? A hotel? Did she have a second home there? Would she take her dog? Was wondering if she had hotel reservations set.

If I’m recollecting accurately, Dia is said to have gotten up early and baked cinnamon rolls she took to a neighbor. I’m wondering if she also baked some she planned to take to her Bunco group.

Just my thoughts. Excuse if I’ve repeated something already discussed.

Just some things swirling in my head as I was on my walk today and thought of Dia:

Playing devil’s advocate: That photo of Dia sitting next to KH at a table, where she looked like maybe she gained some weight: maybe she was in a love relationship with KH, and did gain weight as kind of a result. It happens for some because you’re more relaxed, feel more accepted for who you are, etc.. Sun Spot said Dia was looking for a “savior” and maybe she thought she found KH to be one with his take charge persona.

Bunco in the San Diego area: @Sun Spot, do you happen to know what time of day these game get together took place? When Dia would go there, was it for an overnight trip? If so, where would she stay down there? A hotel? Did she have a second home there? Would she take her dog? Was wondering if she had hotel reservations set.

If I’m recollecting accurately, Dia is said to have gotten up early and baked cinnamon rolls she took to a neighbor. I’m wondering if she also baked some she planned to take to her Bunco group.

Just my thoughts. Excuse if I’ve repeated something already discussed.

Yes it did appear Dia had gained some weight. I cannot speculate as to why etc.
I do not know the time or the exact location of the Bunco party that day. I have no idea of the arrangements for that specific day. I do know some of the Bunco games in the past were in the evening and Dia traveled home after.
As far as the cinnamon rolls...hmm.. Baking cinnamon rolls does not exactly fit in the realm of what Dia would do. From my experience she would be more apt to buy cinnamon rolls if they were delivered or even have a delivery service procur cinnamon rolls and deliver them. Cooking was not something Dia invested much effort in. I doubt she would have had the staples in the cupboards to make cinnamon rolls.
I do not know the situation on June 6th but in prior months she had been living in the guest house as it was more affordable to gas heat and cool. The large home was also prone to rolling blackouts with its all electric system.
I just want all here to understand that other insiders are as terrified as Dia was.

Thank You @Sun Spot for all sharing info about your missing friend. We all want Dia to be found, and there to be Justice.

Moving this list of legal proceedings to have them handy in Thread #2:

Dia's Petition:
Pleading Wizard (cbs8.com)

Their opposition:
37-2019-00030018-PR-TR-CTL_ROA-17_11-01-19_Objections_Other_1598084000131.pdf (cbs8.com)

This is where we started to learn of her court battle with the children.
Woman missing near Idyllwild was in court battle over multi-million dollar estate | cbs8.com

Author: David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer)
Published: 8:50 PM PDT August 25, 2020 Updated: 12:11 AM PDT August 26, 2020

Former La Jolla woman transferred property before disappearing near Idyllwild | cbs8.com
The changes Dia made in May 2020:
ABRAMSRECORDS.pdf (google.com)

Family of Idyllwild missing woman seek removal of 'fiancé' as trustee| cbs8.com

Dia's adult children's request current trustees removed:
abrams_petition_redacted.pdf (google.com)

Power of Attorney copies submitted to New Mexico court in KH's attempt to get a refund KH wanted from a boot store for a refund on boots Dia bought. (hard to explain)
Abrams_POA2.pdf (google.com)

Latest-- Go to Thread #1 Post 883 post for link to KH's Objections to keep bein the Trustee.
This link will take you there: CA - CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

@tvscum posted:
Case dockets were not properly consolidated. Hearing continued to Nov 17 @ 8:45am

MOO...
Is this the perfect crime?
Bungled investigation?
Cannabis related?
Boyfriend related?
Family related?
Disgruntled neighbor related?
So many directions...
Where is truth and justice...
3 can keep a secret if two are dead.
Most of these scenarios would not simply play out... there would be leads here...
A solvable crime has been committed here...
Dia may not be angelic here...
But she certainly did not deserve this outcome...MOO
Why has LE not come forward asking for help? Strange indeed...

MOO...
Is this the perfect crime?
Bungled investigation?
Cannabis related?
Boyfriend related?
Family related?
Disgruntled neighbor related?
So many directions...
Where is truth and justice...
3 can keep a secret if two are dead.
Most of these scenarios would not simply play out... there would be leads here...
A solvable crime has been committed here...
Dia may not be angelic here...
But she certainly did not deserve this outcome...MOO
Why has LE not come forward asking for help? Strange indeed...

It's been a while, but this one just keeps niggling at me.

The old adage comes to mind: follow the money.
Or, to extend it, follow where the money is wanted.

All • = MOO (hopefully more cow than bull)
• KH does not need the money. I see him gaining nothing out of this but heartache and frustration. Not how someone wants to spend their retirement. The engagement angle is risky (ie open to disproof) to put forward if not true. For Dia, not needing her money could have made KH appear more trustworthy (and attractive?) than most. And he seems to have genuinely cared about her. But his (known!) past does make for a good fall guy stereotype.

• Dia's knowledge of Clem's (and now the children's) business dealings made her a threat. Clem's initial Trust was to mediate that threat. The benefit she received from that trust was nullified by the change in estate law, so her being a threat resurfaced.

• Candlelight project faced financial pressures. The change in trust law alleviated those, but Dia challenged it. Threat #2

• DH ... retired (?) U.S. Secret Service Special Agent who worked in financial crimes up to the highest level. "Happens" to become neighbours with Dia, ends up managing her property, and becomes a backup trustee to KH. Initially acted decisively, but then Gets out of Dodge shortly after Dia goes missing and is very coy about her location and circumstances.

More MOO
• Massive financial interest in Candlelight unavoidably (?) attracts "unsavoury" partners.

• Clem dies and the kids are left to deal with it all.

• Kids let on that their mom's actions/challenges threaten the project. The son, I believe, consistently underestimated Dia; saw her easily manipulated (much as his father did). Likely expressed that in confidence to others. Tried to financially starve her out of her properties.

• Son's efforts don't work so Partners decide to deal with it – likely without the kids' direct knowledge. They up the level from the son's tactics. They plan an abduction to intimidate Dia, expecting some direct "tough talk" would get her to change course. She doesn't. Things go wrong. And here we are.

There's of course the ongoing question of the exact when and how of her disappearing. As her protective belongings were left behind, the reasonable question to ask is: under what circumstances would Dia let down her guard?
• KH is the obvious suspect, but I am currently (!) rejecting that for the reasons given above.
• Garcia may figure into it, but his manner and actions don't gel with him being complicit. But perhaps he faced unavoidable pressures from someone else to assist them.
• DH involving herself in this just does not make sense (unless we go with a witness protection angle, which I am not ruling out. See below).
• Other unknown person ... I've forgotten, but was the AirB&B/Wedding thing going on when Dia went missing? Could Dia have thought she was simply greeting a guest? Was there a witness protection movement in place and she thought she was meeting her handler (which would fully explain leaving her things behind)?

The Big MOO:

The grow-op ... I understand the renter came back after the seizure and apparently just carried on?? – which strikes me as astoundingly odd. No eviction for cause?? I have wondered if the renter was somehow linked to DF (as she managed the AirBnB affairs). Was the grow-op used as cover to conduct surveillance?

So multiple layers of investigation could be gong on which might explain local LE lack of activity. They've been told to stand down, but can't say they've been told to stand down.

End of MOO

Dia's dog, Ruby. Where was it when KH came back? Odd question, but does anyone happen to have a photo of Ruby?

It's been a while, but this one just keeps niggling at me.

The old adage comes to mind: follow the money.
Or, to extend it, follow where the money is wanted.

• KH does not need the money. I see him gaining nothing out of this but heartache and frustration. Not how someone wants to spend their retirement. The engagement angle is risky (ie open to disproof) to put forward if not true. For Dia, not needing her money could have made KH appear more trustworthy (and attractive?) than most. And he seems to have genuinely cared about her. But his (known!) past does make for a good fall guy stereotype.
<snipped>

Good, through-provoking post! Just wondering why you think KH doesn't need the money. I may have missed something but is he independently wealthy?

• KH does not need the money. I see him gaining nothing out of this but heartache and frustration. Not how someone wants to spend their retirement.
He wants to keep his Trustee rights though enough to keep fighting for it.
Good, through-provoking post! Just wondering why you think KH doesn't need the money. I may have missed something but is he independently wealthy?
He must have more money than we thought. The expenses must be a hefty amount each month, but he's been coming up with the money.

MOO, at first it seemed KH had very little resources of his own, but he has managed to hang on using his own money according to him. Thinking about it, KH was said to own that property in AZ that we saw on the drone search. He did have or has that business in NM. Sounds like he owned several vehicles. Most noticeable, he has been paying all the expenses to run the ranch from his own money. He's putting up a fight to keep those Trustee rights.

upload_2021-10-28_0-52-54.png

upload_2021-10-28_0-54-29.png

upload_2021-10-28_1-2-56.png

All these from KH's objections to keep being Trustee.
See Thread #1 Post 883 post for link to KH's Objections to keep being the Trustee. This link will take you there: CA - CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020 (@tvscum posted: Case dockets were not properly consolidated.)
Hearing continued to Nov 17 @ 8:45am

Attachments

• upload_2021-10-28_1-2-41.png
    upload_2021-10-28_1-2-41.png
    249.8 KB · Views: 22
  • upload_2021-10-28_1-10-11.png
    upload_2021-10-28_1-10-11.png
    190.5 KB · Views: 8

IIRC, he appears to own several properties, and has been supporting Dia's properties on his own dime since her disappearance. Yes, he want's confirmation as the Trustee in order to cover those costs, but that's hardly unreasonable.

• KH does not need the money. I see him gaining nothing out of this but heartache and frustration. Not how someone wants to spend their retirement.
KH seems to want to run that ranch, be the boss on that ranch, eventually gain from all Dia's property. I think he said he met her online and moved there to help out without pay. Ah, that sounds so selfless. MOO, odd for an established person to just up and move, to give up their life for love, or whatever, with no guarantees. But he did, and look how it turned out. He's running the ranch now.
He wants to keep his Trustee rights though, enough to keep fighting for it.
My question at the bottom of this all is WHY if not for monetary gain. (He says it's his money he's using, but maybe there's a backer in this plan to gain the property.) Everything about this case is complex and there are many suspicious people and possible motives.

KH seems to want to run that ranch, be the boss on that ranch, eventually gain from all Dia's property. I think he said he met her online and moved there to help out without pay. Ah, that sounds so selfless. MOO, odd for an established person to just up and move, to give up their life for love, or whatever, with no guarantees. But he did, and look how it turned out. He's running the ranch now.
My question at the bottom of this all is WHY if not for monetary gain. (He says it's his money he's using, but maybe there's a backer in this plan to gain the property.) Everything about this case is complex and there are many suspicious people and possible motives.

If we work off the premise that he's being generally truthful, then I'd say it's 1) to fulfill her wishes for it becoming a sanctuary (ie loyalty to her/her memory), but also 2) to keep the kids from getting their hands on it (given the supposed history).

I think he'd rather not have to deal with all of this, but Dia put her faith in him; gave him a second chance. Even among folks who've done shi**y things, there can be a layer of loyalty and desire for justice. I'm guessing Dia tapped into his.

Revisiting the D's. ;) Still seems like a odd coincidence.
upload_2021-10-29_14-54-1-png.319457

upload_2021-10-29_14-57-46.png

KH does imply he's honoring Dia's wishes and that he is carrying the financial burden of keeping the property going on his own. Dia's children, on the other hand, accuse KH of not meeting his Trustee duties. (MOO, their petition to remove the trustees reads like a bad divorce battle with their accusations sounding a bit childish with no basis to support them. I don't think they knew or cared what was going on in Dia's life. She may have named other Trustees for a reason.)

IIRC, remember, the children weren't going up to the ranch for over a yr. Son says he had cozy phone chats with his mother, but we've also heard from our VI that Dia was terrified of son. I know there were no pleas from the children to help find their mother for an entire yr. Now, these petitions to the court are more about the property. It is possible from what our VI says, and now KH and DF said, that Dia did not want her children to get her estate.

I'd expect the courts to demand proof in accounting and receipts from KH that he is meeting his obligations. If the adult children care so much about the estate, then you'd think they'd contribute to it's upkeep in the meantime. The children want very badly a certain Private Fiduciary named. They suggest who rather than to let the courts name one.
upload_2021-10-29_15-16-39.png

upload_2021-10-29_15-35-18.png

upload_2021-10-29_15-50-37.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-10-29_14-54-1.png
    upload_2021-10-29_14-54-1.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
KH does imply he's honoring Dia's wishes and that he is carrying the financial burden of keeping the property going on his own. Dia's children, on the other hand, accuse KH of not meeting his Trustee duties.

MOO Considering the kids' ongoing efforts to frustrate financial support of Dia's properties (eg contacting AirBnB and getting her rentals delisted; interfering in a near-completed sale; not "taking care of her" when she asked for support money – despite the contrary assurances of her son), I find this is a highly pretentious accusation. It says much more of them then it does KH.

Paying a Private Fiduciary would come out of the Estate, I imagine. Children must be okay with paying their choice Private Fiduciary out of Dia's Estate. Is KH also eligible to be paid fiduciary fees or something from the Estate, and he's not getting anything?

As I said and there's something about this that bothers me-- The children want very badly a certain Private Fiduciary named. They suggest who rather than to let the courts name one. Making her the Trustee, as well. Why? What's the plan? I feel like there's an angle that I don't understand. Anybody have any idea?
upload_2021-10-29_15-35-18-png.319464

upload_2021-10-30_19-55-9.png
"...execute all documents necessary to correct record title such that Ms. Peters, trustee, shall own 100% of the property."

Greed is sticking it's neck out as it usually does in Events like this...
Karma is a B*tch, diseases are real, in the end there is a stance that NO one runs away from... It's coming...

Greed is sticking it's neck out as it usually does in Events like this...
Karma is a B*tch, diseases are real, in the end there is a stance that NO one runs away from... It's coming...

Sad that the situation the parties are most concerned is the property and the money. I believe it has always been this way.
Dia worked very hard at developing what she had. Put her heart into creating a very nice ranch and other properties. She loved her little orchard and taking care of it. SO SAD SHE IS NOT THERE TO ENJOY IT ALL.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back