Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHO said they wanted to see how people would react? I must have missed an update?

The suspected killer did. He said he was contemplating suicide and when asked why he killed Madyson, he said he wanted to see how people would react. I'll try to find a link

The suspected killer did. He said he was contemplating suicide and when asked why he killed Madyson, he said he wanted to see how people would react. I'll try to find a link

I googled and found it. Thanks. :mad:

I don't think that is the real reason he killed her. Nope. Not buying it.

I think with all the cases we follow here on WS, our first thought when someone is missing is "check the dumpster".

It does surprise me that there is a video of him placing the body in the dumpster five minutes before her mother called the police. Why during the almost 24 hour search didn't an officer check that video a lot sooner than it was checked? Well for that matter, check all videos on site?

There's video of him placing her in the dumpster? Link to that story please?

This just makes my head hurt. Reaction to a murder of a child is so much different then a suicide. He should have done something to himself as a test run to see how people would respond. So he was hoping to get away with it, things would blow over and if the reaction was what he wanted he was going to kill himself so he could get that reaction even though he would not be there to see it.

ETA that just doesn't make sense.

This just makes my head hurt. Reaction to a murder of a child is so much different then a suicide. He should have done something to himself as a test run to see how people would respond. So he was hoping to get away with it, things would blow over and if the reaction was what he wanted he was going to kill himself so he could get that reaction even though he would not be there to see it.

ETA that just doesn't make sense.

I think he was lying. He just didn't want to admit that he wanted to rape and strangle her. So he says something like ' I just wanted to see how others would react.." I call BS on that explanation.

I think he was lying. He just didn't want to admit that he wanted to rape and strangle her. So he says something like ' I just wanted to see how others would react.." I call BS on that explanation.
Well, he heard how his mother reacted. I hope he's happy where he is now. He's gonna be there for a long time (ever)!

Still trying to wrap my brain around the idea that she was in that dumpster the entire time.

I guess when the alarm was raised to her being missing they were looking for an alive Madyson. A little girl who maybe rode her scooter further than she should have. Hindsight gives us time to judge and use logic.

MOO!!

This is just sad. Another one gone too soon. I can't believe they didn't look in the dumpster. Every single agency should be required to look in all dumpsters and in the trunks of cars. These should be the basics in any search. In addition, they should stop all trash pick up until they know what is really happening in any missing child case. I'm interested in knowing what the "boy" said in his extensive interview with LE. LE didn't arrest him until later in the day so he must have been pretty convincing?

RIP Madyson. You deserved better.

Well, I tried to post a second ago and I don't know where it went. Anyway, the green shirt guy has been named in MSM. The white haired lady runs an summer art camp for children at the Tannery. (There's a FB page and a website for this camp.) It appears that the suspect had been a "junior counselor" or helper at said camp. I can see why it would be easy to get Maddy to go with him. All the adults around her trusted him. :(

A wolf in sheep's clothing. Just what I figured. Too many people trusted him which made it easy for him to lure Maddy. It's a sad society when you cannot trust anyone any more it seems. My children are adults now but when they were growing up I always told them never trust anyone with the exception of their parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles. Even nowadays when certain things happens in their lives I point it out and still say that to them. Sad but true. MOO.

This is just sad. Another one gone too soon. I can't believe they didn't look in the dumpster. Every single agency should be required to look in all dumpsters and in the trunks of cars. These should be the basics in any search. In addition, they should stop all trash pick up until they know what is really happening in any missing child case. I'm interested in knowing what the "boy" said in his extensive interview with LE. LE didn't arrest him until later in the day so he must have been pretty convincing?

I imagine the perp concealed her in a garbage bag, making her not obvious. But still searchers should have gone through the dumpsters removing garbage if necessary. Was it a LE officer who had previously searched that dumpster or a volunteer searcher? Hope this now case now sets a precedent as to how thorough searches are carried out. JMO.

"a Santa Cruz police detective discovered the girl's body at the bottom of the recycling dumpster, which had already been searched by*
volunteers.

“The suspect had gone to great lengths to conceal the body,” police said."
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-girl-missing-santa-cruz-20150727-story.html

"Volunteers" searched the first time.

Bless the parents and rest of the family and friends who are grieving the most vicious loss of their baby girl. Thinking of the perps family as well. What a living he!! To be in.

Answered my own question. Can't wait till he is named and his SM accounts are discussed.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Marking my spot. This case has brought me out of a long absence. Sometimes you have to take a break for your sanity.

Bless the parents and rest of the family and friends who are grieving the most vicious loss of their baby girl. Thinking of the perps family as well. What a living he!! To be in.

Thank you for this. I appreciate those who can think of the offenders family and am thankful for the posters on WS that have led me to open up a place in my heart where I can find empathy for these families. (I am still not there with the parents of the monster in my family, but maybe one day...)

At 15 years of age a normal person knows sexual assault of a child and murder is wrong. Hope he gets tried and a sentence of an adult. JMHO.

Now the question many are wondering is whether Santa Cruz County District Attorney Jeffrey Rosell will decide to charge the 15-year-old boy as an adult.

On Tuesday, Rosell said investigators still have a lot more to comb through before that decision is made. He indicated that prosecutors are leaning toward charging the boy as an adult.

"Based on the information we have at this point, there do appear to be charges that can be filed as an adult," Rosell said.

Rosell and Vogel did not release a motive explaining why a 15-year-old boy would want to kill an 8-year-old girl.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/watch-live...e-on-madyson-middleton-in-santa-cruz/34401468

I think a garbage bag would have looked suspicious in a recycling bin. We are not allowed to put them in our bins if they have anything else inside them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member