CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw some questions about the a friend set up. Lots of ridicule about it online elsewhere.

This couple seems young in their careers. She was taking a test so maybe not completely practicing yet?

Scientists don't make as much as people think although private sector does better than academics.

They likely have incredible student loans.

They were in the middle of moving so they likely are low on savings.

She just lost half the family income.

Funerals are expensive.

When your spouse gets murdered it's kind of hard to work.

I'm always shocked by how many people find 's in these situations to be greedy or suspicious.

These are the worst times in a person's life. No ability to function. Tremendous loss of income.

These cooperative funding sites can make things a tiny bit easier on traumatized, grieving people as they navigate the hellish reality they're in.

In days past people indeed bought casseroles but they also watched kids, sometimes for weeks, collected money to help with funeral costs and chipped in on work that needed to be done like home repair, livestock handling, and harvesting.

Nowadays there are many funds for the families of LE who are killed. They get paid well, and have good life insurnace typically. But I don't hear people complain about their funds often.

It makes me sad that these funds are what people chose to focus on at a time like this.

For this family, their lives are destroyed right now. The monies are a ray of hope. It saddens me how that can be criticized or scrutinized.
I couldn’t have said it better myself! Insurance claim processing isn’t instantaneous, those little girls may need therapy, the wife is now a single parent who may need childcare assistance, money set aside for the girls’ education...there can a number of expenses of which we’re unaware.

Great post: it pulls together a lot of insights scattered around this thread.

Yes, it did seem very odd that there weren't multiple 911 calls. That detail usually gets revealed pretty quickly by LE.

The camp map shows that there is at least a little pullover (labeled with a P) near to #49. It's probably the pullover for the restroom. But a great place to put a car for a bit and claim you were in the bathroom.

We have camped in these grounds about a dozen times. And my grown kids camp here every spring.

There are cell issues here. My cell only gets one bar, sometimes no bars, in some of the camp sites.

That might be why there were not many 911 calls.

All overnight camping at Malibu Creek State Park was suspended at least through next Thursday, June 28, according to California State Parks Angeles District Superintendent Craig Sap. The closure would not affect day use areas such as hiking trails.

Updated: Man Shot Dead in Malibu Creek State Park Friday Morning

So the hiking trails are still open.... JMO, sounds like they (LE) have an idea what happened if they are still letting ppl hike....

No one has been shot while hiking. Just while sleeping. Or at night while driving a car.

There are NO HUNTERS anywhere near this camp site. There is no hunting in the area and no hunters are ever seen in this area.

The entire area surrounding this camp ground is full of multi-million dollar homes and estates.

This one might be hard to answer but will ask anyways:

Are there any descendents of those who previously owned parts of land in the park before it was all formed into a state park living right near the park?

This one might be hard to answer but will ask anyways:

Are there any descendents of those who previously owned parts of land in the park before it was all formed into a state park living right near the park?

From Wikipedia
“The majority of the park's lands were donated by entertainer Bob Hope.[4] Other parts of the park, added later, were previously owned by Paramount Pictures and 20th Century Fox for movie ranches. Part of the former 20th Century Fox Ranch had been purchased in 1966 from Ronald Reagan.[5] The Reagan ranch, known as 'Yearling Row,' was owned by the future president from 1951 to 1966 (Reagan earlier owned another ranch also called Yearling Row in Northridge, California). It was sold by the Reagans to pay campaign debts from the 1966 California governor's campaign.[citation needed]Additional parcels have been connected by the Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy and Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area.[6]

I had a boyfriend in high school who had family land “bought” for a pittance (basically eminent domain but the govt had to compensate them some) by the Federal Government for the Skyline Drive portion of the Blue Ridge Parkway. They weren’t bitter about it so much as they enjoyed being able to use the parkway and facilities for free because one of their family cemeteries was there.

From Wikipedia
“The majority of the park's lands were donated by entertainer Bob Hope.[4] Other parts of the park, added later, were previously owned by Paramount Pictures and 20th Century Fox for movie ranches. Part of the former 20th Century Fox Ranch had been purchased in 1966 from Ronald Reagan.[5] The Reagan ranch, known as 'Yearling Row,' was owned by the future president from 1951 to 1966 (Reagan earlier owned another ranch also called Yearling Row in Northridge, California). It was sold by the Reagans to pay campaign debts from the 1966 California governor's campaign.[citation needed]Additional parcels have been connected by the Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy and Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area.[6]

I had a boyfriend in high school who had family land “bought” for a pittance (basically eminent domain but the govt had to compensate them some) by the Federal Government for the Skyline Drive portion of the Blue Ridge Parkway. They weren’t bitter about it so much as they enjoyed being able to use the parkway and facilities for free because one of their family cemeteries was there.

I found it pretty interesting that Bob Hope donated most of these lands, but what I am now thinking is, was anything of value ever buried on park lands that someone is now trying to re-access but can't.

Just tossing another thought into the ring.

Jobs are hard to come by especially in the upper ranks of a company". Any possibility this hit could have been from a competitor who did not get the job TB got?

Crazier things have known to happen!

LE is probably hoping these shootings aren't connected because it looks bad on them. They should've taken this more seriously before the murder/murders.

I agree it should have been taken seriously earlier! I wonder how good the communication is between park rangers/park police and the police department? Would it be possible that not all incidents have been reported to LE if a park ranger took the information and thought it wasn't anything specific or a threat? I guess I don't know how the chain of communication is supposed to run if something criminal or potentially criminal is reported to the park staff? Maybe someone can enlighten me on this. The thought just came up since I saw the woman Meliss (from the couple sleeping in the car that was shot at) mentioned in her facebook post (which showed the shell casing - it's posted earlier in this threat already) that the reply she got from I believe it was park personal that something like this doesn't happen here and she replied 'Until it does'. I wonder whether LE had information about all of these gun shot reports before the tent shooting....

I agree it should have been taken seriously earlier! I wonder how good the communication is between park rangers/park police and the police department? Would it be possible that not all incidents have been reported to LE if a park ranger took the information and thought it wasn't anything specific or a threat? I guess I don't know how the chain of communication is supposed to run if something criminal or potentially criminal is reported to the park staff? Maybe someone can enlighten me on this. The thought just came up since I saw the woman Meliss (from the couple sleeping in the car that was shot at) mentioned in her facebook post (which showed the shell casing - it's posted earlier in this threat already) that the reply she got from I believe it was park personal that something like this doesn't happen here and she replied 'Until it does'. I wonder whether LE had information about all of these gun shot reports before the tent shooting....

For now, I am inclined to think these shootings are all connected, that LE does know something but won't leak it, maybe even the park rangers know the same thing LE does...

How do you delete a post? How about a post you started to write, but didn't post yet?

Am I the only one who thinks it's odd that they kept reporting that he died from a gunshot wound to the chest/upper torso (depending on the source) but on Wednesday, the coroner's report said that he died of a bullet to the head? After calling the ME's office, they confirmed the bullet announcement from Wednesday but said that they are now under order not to discuss anything. Apparently the order came after the announcement. They would neither confirm nor deny the shot to the upper torso. Someone had posted there were two holes in the tent. Perhaps he was shot twice.

I’m not sure there is a tactful way to put this, but bullets can do serious damage to a human body. If he was hit by a large shotgun slug, it may have entered his head and exited his chest or torso. Entrance wounds are smaller, exit wounds can be the size of an apple. Horrific carnage. IT maybe looked like a torso shot at first, but the autopsy showed otherwise.

I saw some questions about the a friend set up. Lots of ridicule about it online elsewhere.

This couple seems young in their careers. She was taking a test so maybe not completely practicing yet?

Scientists don't make as much as people think although private sector does better than academics.

They likely have incredible student loans.

They were in the middle of moving so they likely are low on savings.

She just lost half the family income.

Funerals are expensive.

When your spouse gets murdered it's kind of hard to work.

I'm always shocked by how many people find 's in these situations to be greedy or suspicious.

These are the worst times in a person's life. No ability to function. Tremendous loss of income.

These cooperative funding sites can make things a tiny bit easier on traumatized, grieving people as they navigate the hellish reality they're in.

In days past people indeed bought casseroles but they also watched kids, sometimes for weeks, collected money to help with funeral costs and chipped in on work that needed to be done like home repair, livestock handling, and harvesting.

Nowadays there are many funds for the families of LE who are killed. They get paid well, and have good life insurnace typically. But I don't hear people complain about their funds often.

It makes me sad that these funds are what people chose to focus on at a time like this.

For this family, their lives are destroyed right now. The monies are a ray of hope. It saddens me how that can be criticized or scrutinized.
Hello all! Thank you so much for stating this beautifully! When you lose someone, everyone asks what they can do to help, however, you can barely get out of bed let alone form a sentence answering what can be done. The cost of the funeral, the mortuary, the rosary/wake, the coffin (holy smoke - the coffin!!), or the urn if your loved one chose this option, the plot of land (but first choosing it, if that hadn’t already been done), the cemetery service, paying for the concrete top if that’s a requirement of the state you live in, the grave marker or urn marker, the flower receptacle and then for the food & drinks at your home afterwards to thank all everyone for coming to pay their respects.

Gitana1 - your statement about LE having many funds and being paid well...unfortunately that is not always the case. It depends upon the State, County, City the LE lives in whether or not they get paid well just like any other profession.

I don't know how to delete but but I've had to back space to get rid of a post that I decided not post reply if that helps? Just deleted all the words by back spacing.

If you look in the bar at the top of the box where you're typing, towards the right, there's a little icon that looks like an old floppy disk. Click on that. One of the options is "delete draft."

Choose that, then click refresh at the top of your browser.

The post should be gone.

If you look in the bar at the top of the box where you're typing, towards the right, there's a little icon that looks like an old floppy disk. Click on that. One of the options is "delete draft."

The post should be gone.

Thank you! That's so helpful! I don't post much! Much appreciated!

The post should be gone.
Wow, a hundred times better than my unsophisticated method. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms