GUILTY CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, died, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #3

I just saw a quick 'promo' for channel 2 local news cbs, saying they did the ballistics test on the burglars rifle---but I wanted to watch the news and then the plumber came and I missed it. Cant find any updates on it though...

Last edited:
From the latest NBC LA 'exclusive':

Preliminary ballistics analysis showed more than one type of gun was used in the shootings, the sources said, so it was not immediately clear how many - if any - incidents might be linked to the gun seen in the security video.

Except that you really didn't need to do any 'analysis' to know this. The JR and MT shootings involved a shotgun (maybe different weapons) and two different kinds of ammunition. The TB killing - based on witness and forensic evidence - was almost certainly not a shotgun.

These 'sources' are deliberately leaking to Eric Leonard of NBC4. He is their favored reporter here - something to be aware of as this story unfolds.

There's a LinkedIn page for someone with the same name from Canoga Park. Hard to say for sure because face in media was blurred but could be a match. There is some interesting stuff on there.

Illuminati. Of course. As I suspected. (The crazy part. Not the Illuminati part). Paranoid conspiracy theorist.

After string of Malibu shootings, detectives test rifle in hopes of breakthrough - Los Angeles Times

Los Angeles County Sheriff’s detectives are awaiting ballistic testing to determine whether a man who was carrying a rifle when he was arrested by investigators seeking a burglary suspect is connected to a series of shootings in the Malibu Creek State Park area that left a scientist dead.
Nicole Nishida, a department spokeswoman, said those results could come within a few days or a couple of weeks.

Does anyone else think that the arrest on Anthony Rauda seems a little suspicious and coincidental in timing? I mean, the guy looked pretty clean shaven and very well fed for being called a survalist, especially if they had estimated he had been living off the wild for about 10 years. Don't you think he would be skilled enough (with 10 years of survalist experience) to hunt down his own food and take care of himself before resorting to stealing snacks from a vending machine? I don't know, it just seems like the few details the media has released doesn't sound convincing. Especially if this guy is the killer, don't you think that he would be a little more careful and well thought out as to not get caught? If he had really been this mysterious gunman for over two years, why would he slip up now by committing such a petty crime like stealing food. <modsnipped> I think we should take this arrest with a grain of salt, he might be the burglar, but I don't think he's "the guy". I have a feeling the killer or killers are still out there...

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else think that the arrest on Anthony Rauda seems a little suspicious and coincidental in timing? I mean, the guy looked pretty clean shaven and very well fed for being called a survalist, especially if they had estimated he had been living off the wild for about 10 years. Don't you think he would be skilled enough (with 10 years of survalist experience) to hunt down his own food and take care of himself before resorting to stealing snacks from a vending machine? I don't know, it just seems like the few details the media has released doesn't sound convincing. Especially if this guy is the killer, don't you think that he would be a little more careful and well thought out as to not get caught? If he had really been this mysterious gunman for over two years, why would he slip up now by committing such a petty crime like stealing food. <modsnipped> I think we should take this arrest with a grain of salt, he might be the burglar, but I don't think he's "the guy". I have a feeling the killer or killers are still out there...

Hopefully we will find out in a few days when the ballistics come back.

I don't think that most people who lack a job and live in a state park can find enough food for themselves to survive well in this area.

I don't think a killer would necessarily equate to an effective survivalist.

Sometimes those types are much more self-sufficient in fantasy than on reality.

I wonder if looking for food had something to do with TB's murder. The guy could have been trying to break into a car (IMO that's where TB kept the coolers to keep them from animals) or roaming the campsite for food. TB heard something, sat up, and got shot.

The term 'survivalist', in this case, might be a bit of a stretch. This campsite is essentially in the suburbs of Los Angeles. This is not a fruitful hunting grounds full of prey that a hunter could live off of. Mostly squirrels, bunnies and field mice, nothing more.

This transient grew up in the area and has extended family there. And he may get disability or social security etc?

As for why he was not 'more careful'----I think it is possible that is possible that he is kind of crazy, paranoid, etc. JMO

As for why he went to the vending machines---he may have been mostly stealing from the campgrounds---but they have been shut down, so he might have been more desperate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back