Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she is still alive but being held and forced to work...

I am thinking either that or od'd and dumped

"The Xanax was located in Maricela’s wallet."
Hinky meter like woah...

I believe the xanax was a sidenote

To me it just indicates she planned to return to the vehicle. Even if it's just to sell I don't think she would leave the xanax she had just bought and disappear willingly...
As another side note, opiates (heroin) and benzodiazepines (xanax) are a very risky combination, though somewhat common to mix the two effects.

Some users may attempt to mix opioid painkillers (e.g., Vicodin or oxycodone) and benzodiazepines (e.g., Xanax or Valium) in an effort to enhance the painkilling or euphoric effects of opiates. This combination has drawn a great deal of attention due to its potential consequences.
More at link.
http://americanaddictioncenters.org/prescription-drugs/dangers-of-mixing/

Sad story, I really hope she didn't OD. Heroin has become such a tragic epidemic.

I get the feeling the family does not like the ex-boyfriend very much. Has anybody gone and met with him? Accusing him of kidnapping and trafficking seems excessive based on the facts, but I imagine this will put pressure on him if that is the goal. I recall he was commenting on facebook a few weeks ago about the case.

Just remember more facts are being held back.
N ty siren. I was very nervous because I had certain thing I could and could not say. I just hope it works.

Sad story, I really hope she didn't OD. Heroin has become such a tragic epidemic.

I get the feeling the family does not like the ex-boyfriend very much. Has anybody gone and met with him? Accusing him of kidnapping and trafficking seems excessive based on the facts, but I imagine this will put pressure on him if that is the goal. I recall he was commenting on facebook a few weeks ago about the case.

To me it just indicates she planned to return to the vehicle. Even if it's just to sell I don't think she would leave the xanax she had just bought and disappear willingly...
As another side note, opiates (heroin) and benzodiazepines (xanax) are a very risky combination, though somewhat common to mix the two effects.

More at link.
http://americanaddictioncenters.org/prescription-drugs/dangers-of-mixing/

Not sure why we always agree SB, but I'm
not complaining. An addict wouldn't leave Xanax, unless we're talking about a couple pills. Even if they didn't use it, they would generally keep it either to sell or have on hand for an "emergency" or to trade for something more desirable to them. Knowing how much Xanax she purchased would be very telling.

I was just told it was restricted to USA only. I don't know why. We are trying to get it changed. I'm really sorry.

Not a problem, just glad that the cause is known. That bothered me the most. Thank you for your reply!

Whelp..... If the ex is involved in any way or knows anything more, maybe this will get him to spill the beans.
If I where the ex------
If it where I and I truly knew nothing , I would be calling NG-family- FB post- whatever to proclaim my innocence. I wouldn't sit back and let anyone insinuate that I was responsible if I really where not involved.
But if I did know something, I'd call and spill the beans just to take the heat off.

So maybe that will be fruitful and if not, at least you haven't put all of your eggs in one basket.

I do think that any drug addict wouldn't have left without at least taking the recently bought drugs. She didn't, they where left there. So that tells me that she thought she would be returning to her car.

It almost feels like we need somebody who is or was an addict to understand the psychology and what would or would not be reasonable behavior.

From the description, it sounds like the guy she was meeting to buy drugs from has been identified. So, that would seem to be a good angle to pursue since he may be the last person to have seen her alive.

Edit: I have this wrong, she met the guy within 24 hours before disappearing. I guess it is not clear who she was meeting that night?

Whelp..... If the ex is involved in any way or knows anything more, maybe this will get him to spill the beans.
If I where the ex------
If it where I and I truly knew nothing , I would be calling NG-family- FB post- whatever to proclaim my innocence. I wouldn't sit back and let anyone insinuate that I was responsible if I really where not involved.
But if I did know something, I'd call and spill the beans just to take the heat off.

So maybe that will be fruitful and if not, at least you haven't put all of your eggs in one basket.

I do think that any drug addict wouldn't have left without at least taking the recently bought drugs. She didn't, they where left there. So that tells me that she thought she would be returning to her car.

I wonder, innocent or not, whether the ex bf would even care about his name being linked to a suspected (violent) crime. That might just make him look like more of a bad @$$ to his, ahem, associates.

Mistivon you did great. You are well spoken!
I think people will take kindly to your voice and the manner in which you speak. I'm not shaming or poking fun but I don't think Sarah is as well spoken so I'm glad your the one doing the talking! ( I'm not saying anything bad about the family at all. Clearly she's just young whereas misty is a bit older and well spoken. I briefly studied linguistics when I was young so notice certain things that others may not about the way one speaks )

I wonder, innocent or not, whether the ex bf would even care about his name being linked to a suspected (violent) crime. That might just make him look like more of a bad @$$ to his, ahem, associates.

You could have a point there.
I was looking at it from my perspective ( I'm a middle age professional woman whereas he is very very different) so you may have a pretty good point there!

Mistivon clearly said here that there are facts being held back. Sounds like LE is on this and knows what happened IMO. Here's hoping that whatsoever unravels does not claim any more victims. So very sad... the whole thing.

Hugs all around.

I'm glad to hear that le is now taking this case more seriously ( I hope that's true!)
Either way, this family needs answers and her disappearance is indeed suspicious!
Hopefully, in time all the facts will be released so everyone will have a better picture of where to look.
In most cases ,the public won't know every detail and that's okay. There's a reason behind that. I just hope that this family has a real reason and something more substantial than what is being presented right now.
I'll be over here keeping my fingers crossed that le in Arizona has talked to everyone necessary. Even if the ex has absolutely nothing to do with the disappearance of MG, I still think it would be a great idea for le to speak with him.

I wonder if she was lured in to a vehicle with drugs. I am also an addict and have abused a number of opiates and benzodiazepines (ex xanax). So it is easy to insert myself in her shoes.

If she had just relapsed this is especially dangerous, people often die from heroin OD after relapse because they use too much by accident. We are also having an epidemic of fentanyl laced heroin. If you do not know, fentanyl is an extremely potent and cheap opiate. Fentanyl is about 100 times more potent than morphine. Meaning, .01 milligrams of fentanyl is equivalent to 10 milligrams of morphine. Fentanyl laced heroin has killed 4 of my close friends and acquaintances in the last year. It can cause "hardened", experienced drug users with high drug tolerances to overdose and die.

Even if I had just bought my own drugs, if somebody called and offered to get me high for free or if they had better drugs I would promptly get in their car and enjoy the ride so to speak. As soon as they say "it's on us" it's like your brain short circuits and you focus on those words and forget about everything else. You would leave your freshly bought drugs behind because, hey you can come back to it right? It's not going anywhere, but the free drugs sure are. And xanax is in an entirely different ballpark as heroin.

That's why I think she was likely lured. I don't believe she was abducted in the sense that somebody pulled up and dragged her in to their car. I think they had drugs, she knew they had drugs, and she simply could not resist the temptation, even leaving her sister behind. It makes sense that she didn't tell her sister if it was this AJM person or his affiliates. She probably didn't want to worry her, or wanted to hide her relapse due to shame and embarrassment. I don't understand the motive behind the people she is with, but I understand the motive behind why she did what she did.

I hope this is a valuable insight. Us addicts, we're looked down upon, and the "normal" functions of our lives and social groups is generally unknown or misread and awash with bias and disdain by the general public. Please don't look down on this girl. It's difficult to understand when you've never been addicted, but it's honestly genuinely out of her control whether she acts on these temptations or not. I worry that MSM won't take this seriously because "Oh it's another junkie", but if anything, that's even more reason that Mari needs our help and needs to be located. She has a weakness that was taken advantage of. Nobody deserves this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenny0115