Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
maricela_garica_image_01b22ad182870f584d474b57a911adfe.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

Family Pleads for Help in Search for Missing California Woman Maricela Garcia, Who Disappeared While Shopping

January 23, 2017

Maricela was out in Reseda, California with Sarah, hunting for bargains at a local Goodwill store the evening of January 12. The story goes that Maricela told Sarah she was headed outside to smoke a cigarette and would return shortly. Surveillance video shows the 26-year-old walking out of the store at 7:22 p.m.

Maricela never came back.

Sarah found her sister's locked, tan BMW in the parking lot of a neighboring dollar store. Her purse was left inside. Her cell phone, which was not in the purse, was either turned off or had lost its charge.

[...]

Maricela Garcia is described as 5'5" tall, weighing 120 lbs. with brown hair and brown eyes. Anyone with information regarding her case is urged to contact the Los Angeles Police Department at (213) 996-1800.

Verified Insider:
mistivon

Thread #1

Oh. well. Thread 2. The dreaded Thread 2. This makes me sad.

Responding to questions asked before Thread one closed.

The family says there is no history of mental health issues on either side of the family.

I think on the official LAPD release, it says to call crimestoppers anonymously. I will have to look.

The hashtag from early on was #findmaricelabella Hasn't been used in awhile and never took off. Not quite sure how those hashtagwhatchamacallits work. Alan suggested one from last night regarding Kaiser. He may mention it on the show, not sure since I can't hear it.

I'm telling you, I have ASKED all these questions about Mari to the family (regarding what she is like). They just won't do it. IDK why not. All I know is she is a girly girl, loves pink and was into Barbies. She loved movies, the last one she bought was Edward Scissorhands. She was adamant that you be independent, told everyone they didn't need anyone else (a man). She was shy but outgoing, softspoken and sweet. She always tried to cheer everyone up and always had a smile.

She has no sort of medical condition. I already tried that angle :(

Everything is important right now because we have no answers. Margarita, keep sleuthing. I need to know.

Now, let me post these then tell you what I've just been messaged.

Trying to bring this over from the last page, but I'm terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by GigTu View Post
I think we are all "reporters" in a way... Freedom of speech and all that. However, I would carefully craft it so you aren't slandering, unless you recorded the call or had a witness. You won't have the protections the media outlets have. But you surely can ask questions and post your opinions about your perspective of a conversation... Can you prove you made the call and how long it was?

--------------
Something like a news release stating that "a close family friend (or family spokesperson) spoke with local LE on (date) and was assured that Maricela is NOT considered to be voluntarily missing. The LE (include name or not) assures us that Maricela's case is receiving the same attention as any other missing person cases in the jurisdiction."

That's just a rough start, but 1) it puts LE in a more favorable light (even if they do not necessarily warrant it), 2) people/media will now know that MG is not considered voluntarily missing, 3) lets LE know that the public is watching...without calling them out specifically.

Just my opinion

Deleted double post

So, I received a message to the page. A woman said Friday, January 13, she was walking her nephew home from school. Across Lindley from the church, next to the Firestone were numerous articles of clothing. Including a white/beigeish bra and a black coat. Looking at the surveillance photo, she could not tell if that was the coat she saw or something like it, so we have to assume it was it. I know there are kooks and crazies and people that want to be on the news and feel important..but there are also people trying to do the right thing. She does not want her name involved and suggested we get footage from Firestone (which doesn't have cameras), so I'm pretty sure she's being truthful. To err on the side of caution, even though she looked tonight and the items were gone, Mr. Mistivon is en route to look around. Immediately behind where the clothes were found..on the edge of a grassy lot, is a large dark parking lot. There is like a wall surrounding it so the parking lot is not visible from the street. If you leave that back exit that Maricela walked out of from the church, it is almost directly across the street. The clothes were there. You know, they probably weren't hers. But if they were, imagine if the police had done their job and canvassed that night, they would have found them. One thing Mr Mistivon suggested was IF they were hers and someone picked them up and threw them away in the Kaiser parking lot, the dog could have trailed Mari that way. The dog worked off the scent of a bra.
So, I'm going to mention the clothing on FB, although nothing specific (just that articles of clothing were found similar to what Mari was wearing) and stress the importance of the search tomorrow and of sharing and of the media. If word had gotten out sooner, maybe the girl would have been made aware that Mari was missing sooner and would have contacted the police sooner. As it is, she just learned a few days ago that this even happened. And she walks by there every single day.
Maybe we will get lucky and the Mister will find her keys or something. He'll also take pictures behind Jons for you.

ETA: The PI believes it is okay to say some clothes.

Oh. well. Thread 2. The dreaded Thread 2. This makes me sad.

Responding to questions asked before Thread one closed.

The family says there is no history of mental health issues on either side of the family.

I think on the official LAPD release, it says to call crimestoppers anonymously. I will have to look.

The hashtag from early on was #findmaricelabella Hasn't been used in awhile and never took off. Not quite sure how those hashtagwhatchamacallits work. Alan suggested one from last night regarding Kaiser. He may mention it on the show, not sure since I can't hear it.

I'm telling you, I have ASKED all these questions about Mari to the family (regarding what she is like). They just won't do it. IDK why not. All I know is she is a girly girl, loves pink and was into Barbies. She loved movies, the last one she bought was Edward Scissorhands. She was adamant that you be independent, told everyone they didn't need anyone else (a man). She was shy but outgoing, softspoken and sweet. She always tried to cheer everyone up and always had a smile.

She has no sort of medical condition. I already tried that angle :(

Everything is important right now because we have no answers. Margarita, keep sleuthing. I need to know.

Now, let me post these then tell you what I've just been messaged.

As to the bolded above--- It does not matter whether there is a family history of mental health issues or not. Plenty of people, with no family history, have mental health issues. In fact, there is even less of a chance that the family would recognize such an issue, if they had no prior experiences.

But a few little things make me suspicious about the possibility. her saying she had a secret, and sleeping next to her sister for a few nights, as if she was frightened about something, --to me, that seems potentially symptomatic of some kind of paranoia. Something was making her fearful.

And her route that night was indicative of someone fearful, and in a panic. So it seems too much of a coincidence for it to be random.

It is hard for me to understand why her phone would be smashed behind the Jons and her choker necklace would be all the way across a busy street, at the far end of a crowded parking lot. That means she was being chased/grabbed for a very long distance. And it does confuse me that she did not apparently, scream, cry out during that time. MAYBE she did---but it is a crowded well lit area, with security...so ?

If her phone was taken and smashed behind Jons, then she went to the church, then to the Kaiser lot, right past the 7/11--what was the sequence of events?

Regarding mental health, I was replying to a post where someone mentioned we did not know the family history.
The route we walked last night is what SAR feels was the sequence. What was in question was whether she went THROUGH Jons out the back door then to the church or out the side door of the church, from that parking lot to Jons.
IDK Katy. If I knew, maybe I could find her. IDK why she didn't ask for help if she was being chased. IDK why her phone was behind GW. I wish I did.

I'm trying to find a different link. I need one from the crime online website somehow that is not through art19. I found one yesterday but don't remember where. Does anyone know?

It's on the front page of crimeonline.com

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I am sure this has been covered, but what do her friends think happened? Are they helping to look for her?

I know with my boys that I find out the truth of things (not just what son wants mom to know) from his friends.

Her friends say they have absolutely no idea. They in no way think this is voluntary. Everyone agrees Mari would never do this. Yes, they have come to the vigil and the search. Some have said they will be there tomorrow.

ETA: Alan just said findmaricelabella is too long. Use findmaricela

Can I please do a quick check/poll here w you guys, as far as what angles you are considering/ leaning towards:

1. Abduction (RANDOM)
A. Sexual predator(s)
B. Human/sex trafficking
2. Abduction by someone known to her.
A. to silence (informant)
B. The secret (pregnant?)
C.
3. Voluntary disappearance
A. Off the grid /in hiding
B. Suicide /Mental breakdown

Eta: what else

I'm trying to work off you guys. If you think this is connected to other nearby incidents, or not, please tell me either way.

If it's a ra, time is of essence, for ex AH, etc.
if not, and it's something LE knows re: activity specifically re: MG, then that's different as far as approach.

Mistivon says keep sleuthing, but then it feels otherwise....

Hard poll. I'd have to go with a mix of one and two for my first choice...
2. Abduction by someone known to her
B Human/sex trafficking (although Random/sex predator is a really close one)
3. Voluntary disappearance
A. Hiding

maricela_garica_image_01b22ad182870f584d474b57a911adfe.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

Family Pleads for Help in Search for Missing California Woman Maricela Garcia, Who Disappeared While Shopping

January 23, 2017

Maricela was out in Reseda, California with Sarah, hunting for bargains at a local Goodwill store the evening of January 12. The story goes that Maricela told Sarah she was headed outside to smoke a cigarette and would return shortly. Surveillance video shows the 26-year-old walking out of the store at 7:22 p.m.

Maricela never came back.

Sarah found her sister's locked, tan BMW in the parking lot of a neighboring dollar store. Her purse was left inside. Her cell phone, which was not in the purse, was either turned off or had lost its charge.

[...]

Maricela Garcia is described as 5'5" tall, weighing 120 lbs. with brown hair and brown eyes. Anyone with information regarding her case is urged to contact the Los Angeles Police Department at (213) 996-1800.

Help Find Maricela Garcia

Verified Insider:
mistivon

Thread #1

Thank you Greater Than for the new thread for Maricela.

Purse left inside, phone smashed...possible directions from someone?

Reminds me of change of appearance.

OK she might have a different appearance.

Eta: and the choker?

I am sure this has been covered, but what do her friends think happened? Are they helping to look for her?

I know with my boys that I find out the truth of things (not just what son wants mom to know) from his friends.

Greaaat point.

Is this off limits to please ask, what is the current status of LS's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998