GUILTY CA - Mark & Jacob Iskander, 11 and 9, Killed by Drunk Socialite Rebecca Grossman in Veh vs Ped Hit & Run - Los Angeles, 2020 *GUILTY on all counts*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just do not believe her husband regarding not knowing what kind of driver she was.. She had a penchant for speeding- and often! I bet her kids and husband know what kind of (awful) driver she is known to be!
Yeah, that came out on cross-exam by the State. State probably expected he would say that -- probably trying to show his lack credibility as a witness. JMO.

4 speeding tickets is not much in 20 years. And "other citations". ..however, In the last 20 years, I wonder how often she sped and didn't get a ticket.

I have had one speeding ticket in 20 years. Just a comparison.

Personally, I think the information about the racing class that Grossman took, which the judge did not let the prosecution release, is the key. It is interesting that the judge did not allow the jury to have that information.

As for Mr. Grossman's testimony about his wife's driving...it seems to me that they were living pretty separate lives. How much time do you spend with a spouse that you are cheating on...

4 speeding tickets is not much in 20 years. And "other citations". ..however, In the last 20 years, I wonder how often she sped and didn't get a ticket.

I have had one speeding ticket in 20 years. Just a comparison.

Personally, I think the information about the racing class that Grossman took, which the judge did not let the prosecution release, is the key. It is interesting that the judge did not allow the jury to have that information.

As for Mr. Grossman's testimony about his wife's driving...it seems to me that they were living pretty separate lives. How much time do you spend with a spouse that you are cheating on...
Drove with her hundreds of times and does not recall her driving over the speed limit one time.... I think some jurors might find that very hard to believe. It isn't crucial, but I think the DA was using what it had to undermine his credibility regarding the testimony he gave in support of his wife:

"Dr. Grossman - who married Rebecca in 2020 and shares a daughter and son with her - told the jury of nine men and three women that his wife was 'trembling and crying….almost inconsolable…incredibly emotional' when he went to see her at the Lynwood Women's Correctional Facility 30 hours after the crash."

JMO.

What is that comment of her husband's that they were separated but living in the same house and dating others at the same time.

What kind of a weasel makes up excuses like that for his cheating wife. It seems the Grossmans are desperately afraid of the bad publicity and the civil suit that this horrible incident will engender.

And it should. If he is sticking up for her by lying about her speeding, it should be known to all his patients that he will lie on the stand about the deaths of two innocent boys.

Battle of the experts. Last week, we heard from the prosecution that the information from the "black box" in Mrs. Grossman's Mercedes-Benz provided information about the speed of the Mercedes, was 71 mph.

This YouTube explains the EDR data record in a Mercedes-Benz. Interesting. Huh. If Mrs. Grossman had been driving a cheap Toyota, there wouldn't have been any "EDR data" obtained from the car, because cheap cars don't have that fancy technology. Oh, the irony.

This is an article about the Mercedes Benz racing class Mrs. Grossman took, and the judge ruled it "inadmissible'. I wouldn't even want to take a class like this.

I don't see a lot of errors, and I have noticed pictures of Mrs. Grossman, she was much thinner, I wonder if she has gained weight deliberately. Because one margarita for her now, doesn't look like much. But if she weighed 35 pounds less, it would be significantly different.

Also, I am wondering about the liquor content of the margarita. Top shelf tequila, with a shot of triple sec on top, is a lot of alcohol. The difference between .07 and .08 is miniscule to me, especially when the blood toxicology of additional Valium added. The defense has tried to get this disallowed, but the judge allowed it in.

Frustrating that someone took or misplaced the Mercedes emblems from the evidence room. That is sloppy work.

I don't see a lot of errors, and I have noticed pictures of Mrs. Grossman, she was much thinner, I wonder if she has gained weight deliberately. Because one margarita for her now, doesn't look like much. But if she weighed 35 pounds less, it would be significantly different.

Also, I am wondering about the liquor content of the margarita. Top shelf tequila, with a shot of triple sec on top, is a lot of alcohol. The difference between .07 and .08 is miniscule to me, especially when the blood toxicology of additional Valium added. The defense has tried to get this disallowed, but the judge allowed it in.

Frustrating that someone took or misplaced the Mercedes emblems from the evidence room. That is sloppy work.
Good point!

This is interesting, as a juror, I would wonder why Mrs. Grossman's Mercedes-Benz had the air bags deployed, and automatically stopped, as it does after an accident.

The defense keeps their hypothesis that Erickson's Mercedes hit the boys first, but it doesn't seem correct, because his Mercedes benz did not automatically stop, as Mrs. Grossman's did...the defense states that Erickson has different Mercedes-Benz cars, that were not all investigated by the police. Interesting point, but irrelevant, as his car did not stop automatically.

This is interesting, as a juror, I would wonder why Mrs. Grossman's Mercedes-Benz had the air bags deployed, and automatically stopped, as it does after an accident.

The defense keeps their hypothesis that Erickson's Mercedes hit the boys first, but it doesn't seem correct, because his Mercedes benz did not automatically stop, as Mrs. Grossman's did...the defense states that Erickson has different Mercedes-Benz cars, that were not all investigated by the police. Interesting point, but irrelevant, as his car did not stop automatically.

And that very significant front end damage she sustained was from, stopping by herself?

What is that comment of her husband's that they were separated but living in the same house and dating others at the same time.

What kind of a weasel makes up excuses like that for his cheating wife. It seems the Grossmans are desperately afraid of the bad publicity and the civil suit that this horrible incident will engender.

And it should. If he is sticking up for her by lying about her speeding, it should be known to all his patients that he will lie on the stand about the deaths of two innocent boys.

I find the testimony of Dr. Grossman not credible at all. I have been married, and can count on one hand how many times I drove my husband anywhere, in 25 years.

My current husband was married for 43 years, and we discussed this, he agrees, his wife almost never drove when they went places.

Anyone else find this interesting that Dr. Grossman was in the car when his wife drove "100's of times"?

And that very significant front end damage she sustained was from, stopping by herself?

That is a good question. I think that their defense is that Erickson's car hit the boys, and then her car hit them next.

Which really isn't much of a defense to me, because it demonstrates that she was going too fast to stop. However, witnesses at the scene, say Grossman's, Mercedes-Benz hit the boys, and they flew, due to the speed she was going. That makes sense to me

That's the problem with an aggressive defense.

When you have one point of contention and you have a radically different "expert" opinion, it can be difficult for the jurors to decide the truth.

When you have three points of contention with very specific data and very different "expert" opinions, the jury starts to think they are all fake.

I think the Grossman's are far too heavy-handed in their defense and their over aggressive claims don't allow any credibility for eye witnesses and LE at the scene. That's a big mistake, a very arrogant mistake and I think the jurors will not find their claims credible.

I find the testimony of Dr. Grossman not credible at all. I have been married, and can count on one hand how many times I drove my husband anywhere, in 25 years.

My current husband was married for 43 years, and we discussed this, he agrees, his wife almost never drove when they went places.

Anyone else find this interesting that Dr. Grossman was in the car when his wife drove "100's of times"?
I drive my husband the majority of the time. He is an excellent driver, former LE, EVOC instructor and well skilled but I have severe anxiety being a passenger no matter who is driving.
In this particular case I agree that it looks like CYA for his wife and I think the jury will take that into consideration. MOO

That's the problem with an aggressive defense.

When you have one point of contention and you have a radically different "expert" opinion, it can be difficult for the jurors to decide the truth.

When you have three points of contention with very specific data and very different "expert" opinions, the jury starts to think they are all fake.

I think the Grossman's are far too heavy-handed in their defense and their over aggressive claims don't allow any credibility for eye witnesses and LE at the scene. That's a big mistake, a very arrogant mistake and I think the jurors will not find their claims credible.

Did you see the video about the EDR information? I don't understand how any "expert" can refute that technology. The prosecution went over the EDR information obtained from Mrs. Grossman's car.

So, I don't see how any defense witness can really tear that apart.

Ah. I found an article, that I can't post, but apparently the "EDR" technology can be "misinterpreted". Okay. Still not buying it.

Last edited:
"In court Thursday, Grossman's defense team tried to persuade Judge Joseph Brandolino to allow them to recreate in the courtroom the two air bags deploying as they had in Grossman's Mercedes SUV at the time the boys were hit.

After hearing from airbag and seatbelt expert William Broadhead that when an airbag deploys, 'it's incredibly loud and explosive, like setting off a cherry bomb' the judge canned the idea of a demonstration in the courtroom and said jurors could watch a video instead.

But he did say yes to a courtroom demo of the 'seatbelt pretensioner' that tightens seatbelts in an accident.

Like airbags, it also fires off a controlled explosive device to deploy but it's a much smaller charge.

Broadhead told the court that Grossman's car had a total of five 'pyrotechnic devices' - two for each airbag and one for the seatbelt pretensioner.

When they go off, he said: 'They stun. You don't know what to do. You don't know if it's a bomb or a sniper….you jump out of your skin.'

In the case of Grossman's accident Broadhead said she' would not be able to distinguish between a pedestrian impact and the airbag deploying."

Um. I've had a fender-bender sufficient to set off a bunch o' air bags and the seat belt do-hickey -- and gee, I knew during the spin that I was driving in an intersection & this was a traffic accident....

Walked away. Drive a Honda, yeah boy, imho.

jmho ymmv lrr

"In court Thursday, Grossman's defense team tried to persuade Judge Joseph Brandolino to allow them to recreate in the courtroom the two air bags deploying as they had in Grossman's Mercedes SUV at the time the boys were hit.

After hearing from airbag and seatbelt expert William Broadhead that when an airbag deploys, 'it's incredibly loud and explosive, like setting off a cherry bomb' the judge canned the idea of a demonstration in the courtroom and said jurors could watch a video instead.

But he did say yes to a courtroom demo of the 'seatbelt pretensioner' that tightens seatbelts in an accident.

Like airbags, it also fires off a controlled explosive device to deploy but it's a much smaller charge.

Broadhead told the court that Grossman's car had a total of five 'pyrotechnic devices' - two for each airbag and one for the seatbelt pretensioner.

When they go off, he said: 'They stun. You don't know what to do. You don't know if it's a bomb or a sniper….you jump out of your skin.'

In the case of Grossman's accident Broadhead said she' would not be able to distinguish between a pedestrian impact and the airbag deploying."

So, I am trying to figure out why the defense wants to demonstrate what happens after an impaired person hits children in a Mercedes-Benz.

Yes, the air bags go off, and the seat belt cinches the driver in the car. And a car going 80 mph doesn't slow down right away, especially when a person has been drinking margaritas and popping Valium.

So, even if she was out of it, the EDR did not register her putting on the brakes. The car stopped automatically, as it does, in a Mercedes benz, for safety purposes. Inertial switch, cuts off fuel supply to reduce risk of fire after an accident.

If she had been driving a Honda, she would have kept on going.

"A District Attorney investigator dropped a bombshell on the Rebecca Grossman murder trial Thursday by revealing that the two black Mercedes SUVs owned by her boyfriend Scott Erickson have the same number plate.

Grossman’s legal team has long claimed that the ex-pro baseball player, with whom she was allegedly racing when the Iskander boys were run down and killed, lied to police about which of those vehicles he was driving the night of the fatal crash.

And on Thursday, Los Angeles DA investigator Sergio Lopez told the jury that one of the SUVs, a 2007 Mercedes had a legal Nevada registration plate number LT35756.

The other - a 2016 Mercedes AMG - had an illegal fake plate - often called a cold plate - with the same state and number, which is a felony, he said."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back