CA - Mass shooting at Gilroy Garlic Festival, 3 dead up to 11 injured, 28 July 2019

Oh, I'd heard there was one fatality but didn't know it was a child. We go to festivals, too, and I have, even at local county fairs, been more observant these days.

There were at least 3. One of the shooters is dead too. They have been cagey about the casualties but I know 2 went to Stanford and I’m pretty sure they may not make it.

I’m having trouble keeping up w this post I’m in tears at my house.

They aren’t saying this yet I’m watching NBC there isn’t even any commercials it’s all dedicated to this. They are saying the dead suspect was the shooter. They aren’t clear if the escaped suspect actually fired. There are 4 casualties including the suspect. I feel sick, I thought he was one of the three.

On NBC they interviewed a witness on the scene who saw the child casualty. I don’t have the link but it’s on NBC

From the presser:

Gilroy Mayor speaking first.
  • Expressing shock and sadness for what has happened today.
  • Thoughts and prayers extended to victims and families.
  • Local LE and partners will investigate every aspect of this crime.
Gilroy Police Chief:
  • Started at 5:41 pm
  • Suspect engaged by police officers on scene in less than a minute
  • Weapon used by suspect was a rifle
  • 1 Suspect was shot and killed
  • Came in to festival via creek, cut through a perimeter fence
  • LE believes there was a 2nd suspect involved in some way, but they don't know if they played a support role or were also armed
  • 4 fatalities, including suspect
  • Asking for witnesses who videotaped anything or took pictures to contact them
  • Don't know motive

Last edited:
Hey all, I posted a dupe in “crimes in the news” but I reported to be merged.

I have attended this festival since 2007. I met my hubs here in 2010. I suggested we go today but he said no it’s too hot so we went to the beach in capitola instead.

His nephew lived one block behind Christmas Hill park forever but sold his home and moved to Sac earlier this year. Or else our large extended fam likely would have been there.

I’m shell shocked about this. Very shook.

From presser:

Gilroy Mayor speaking first.
  • Expressing shock and sadness for what has happened today.
  • Thoughts and prayers extended to victims and families.
  • Local LE and partners will investigate every aspect of this crime.
Gilroy Police Chief:
  • Started at 5:41 pm
  • Suspect engaged in less than a minute
  • Weapon used was a rifle
  • 1 Suspect was shot and killed
  • Came in to festival via creek, cut through a perimeter fence
  • LE believes there was a 2nd suspect involved in some way, but they don't know if they played a support role or were also armed
  • 4 fatalities, including the suspect
  • Asking for witnesses who videotaped anything or took pictures to contact them
  • Don't know motive
Cut his way in through the fence - very scary. Obviously planned.

jmo

ABC news updating:

Law enforcement sources say a 3-year-old boy was among the victims killed in the shooting.
The conditions of the hospitalized victims injured at the Gilroy Garlic Festival Fair range from fair to critical, a hospital spokeswoman said.

WATCH LIVE: Official says 3 dead, 12 hurt in Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting; 1 suspect in custody

[bbm]

omg
just no

"#BREAKING: A 6-year-old boy is among three people killed after two gunmen open fire at the Gilroy Garlic Festival, according to the boy's family members."
NBC Bay Area on Twitter

I don't know if there is a mix-up in reporting - are two little boys victims (a 3yo and a 6yo) or is it one little boy is reported with two different ages.

Please, not two little ones shot.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993