CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

doodles1211

Reaction score
Suspicious Circumstances Surround Disappearance of Matthew Weaver in Malibu Canyon Area Plagued By Shootings

“Shortly after 12 midnight August 11th at approximately, a witness called 911 after hearing a cry for help – screams near Stunt and Shueren Road where Matthew Jr.’s grey BMW was found.

First responders arrived shortly after at approximately 2 a.m., and at least two of them, a member of the CHP and of the Fire Department, also heard screams/cry for help.”

Suspicious Circumstances Surround Disappearance of Matthew Weaver in Malibu Canyon Area Plagued By Shootings - The Local Malibu

“Shortly after 12 midnight August 11th at approximately, a witness called 911 after hearing a cry for help – screams near Stunt and Shueren Road where Matthew Jr.’s grey BMW was found.

First responders arrived shortly after at approximately 2 a.m., and at least two of them, a member of the CHP and of the Fire Department, also heard screams/cry for help.”

Suspicious Circumstances Surround Disappearance of Matthew Weaver in Malibu Canyon Area Plagued By Shootings - The Local Malibu

Two hours between the time of the 911 call and first responders arriving is way too long. And if they heard screams/cries for help that means Matthew (or whoever it was) was screaming for at least two hours. Awful.

Two hours between the time of the 911 call and first responders arriving is way too long. And if they heard screams/cries for help that means Matthew (or whoever it was) was screaming for at least two hours. Awful.
I’m still in shock over reading that. It’s mind boggling and just awful as you say. I also can’t believe there’s not more publicity about the case. It’s been over two weeks! Ugh :(

So...two different occasions of cries/screams for help. How frustrating for the family. My initial impression is this could be MW. Is the terrain too treacherous to search in the dark? When someone is screaming - wouldn’t the person hearing it try to locate the distressed person? Trying to locate MW the next morning - well it could be too late. Clearly if it was him - it was too late. I’m not adding anything here but this sure is strange with the car found in such a weird condition.

Suspicious Circumstances Surround Disappearance of Matthew Weaver in Malibu Canyon Area Plagued By Shootings

This is beyond distressing:

1). The response time is shameful-if the reporting party did indicate screams & cries for help - why did it take so long for help to arrive?

2). Did the reporting party, Chippy, or Fire Department that heard the screams and cries for help try to make contact? If you can hear them/they can hear you. Both of their units have equipment with loud speaker capability that could have been used to potentially narrow down search by asking yes and no questions.

3). Did the MFD shine their engine lights where they heard the screaming voice coming from? What was done that night with the equipment they had to find the injured party?

4.). Was West Hills Sheriff’s Station called that night to see if a tracking dog was available to find the injured party?

5). As at least a Chippy & a MFD heard the screams & cries for help, did they radio in for an ambulance to join them to take the injured party to the hospital once they were located?

Where in the world is Malibu, Calabasas, Agoura Hills, Topanga, Westlake Village, Hidden Hills, West Hills and Chatsworth Lake Manor’s tax payer money going?

I'm trying to make sense of all the information reported.

- Aug. 10 ~9:30 PM: Matthew was seen on the 2600 block of Stearns St. in Simi Valley. [Unclear if a witness saw him, or they have security footage. There is an In-N-Out at 2600 Stearns.]

- Aug. 10 - time unknown: Matthew's last SnapChat was in the general location of where his car was found.

- Aug. 11 ~midnight: A witness calls 911 after hearing a cry for help/screams near Stunt and Shueren Rd. (where his car was found).

- Aug. 11 ~2:00 AM: First responders arrive and at least two (CHP and Fire) hear screams/cries for help.

- Aug. 11 - "morning": Matthew's car is found by hikers, "stuck on a small hiking trail near the Rosas Overlook. Authorities responded to what they thought was a traffic accident". [Unclear if this is the same person who heard cries and called 911.]

- Aug. 11 ~3:00 AM: Matthew's car was found with the right front tire hanging over the cliff. All windows were rolled up and doors locked. His keys, wallet, phone and clothing have not been found. [This is from the page. Are hikers really out at 3 in the morning?]

Links:
Man whose vehicle was found in Topanga area has been missing 17 days – Daily News
Search in Topanga for hiker missing since early Saturday

Google Earth Link

https://earth.app.goo.gl/pCt229
#googleearth

When you pull up this map, and open it to look at the enlargement of the area - it truly is chilling. You can see all the areas that we have been discussing with MR, EP, TB and Las Virgenes Road, MCSP, Monte Nido...just frightening.

Wow - I didn't realize until now that Matthew's car was driven quite a distance on a dirt hiking trail (where I imagine ordinary vehicles are not supposed to go). It must have been really dark there after sunset.

*modsnip*/ discussing

MW1.JPG

MW2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to make sense of all the information reported.

- Aug. 10 ~9:30 PM: Matthew was seen on the 2600 block of Stearns St. in Simi Valley. [Unclear if a witness saw him, or they have security footage. There is an In-N-Out at 2600 Stearns.]

- Aug. 10 - time unknown: Matthew's last SnapChat was in the general location of where his car was found.

- Aug. 11 ~midnight: A witness calls 911 after hearing a cry for help/screams near Stunt and Shueren Rd. (where his car was found).

- Aug. 11 ~2:00 AM: First responders arrive and at least two (CHP and Fire) hear screams/cries for help.

- Aug. 11 - "morning": Matthew's car is found by hikers, "stuck on a small hiking trail near the Rosas Overlook. Authorities responded to what they thought was a traffic accident". [Unclear if this is the same person who heard cries and called 911.]

- Aug. 11 ~3:00 AM: Matthew's car was found with the right front tire hanging over the cliff. All windows were rolled up and doors locked. His keys, wallet, phone and clothing have not been found. [This is from the page. Are hikers really out at 3 in the morning?]

Links:
Man whose vehicle was found in Topanga area has been missing 17 days – Daily News
Search in Topanga for hiker missing since early Saturday

I agree...it is difficult to make sense of everything to do with this case...it all seems hinky. I just attempted to search MSM for Matthew Weaver, however, there is not only not much...there truly is not much. I am confused by the photos the family chose to use on ...I hope they update them soon with less blurry ones. The more clear concise, up to date photos, the easier it will be for people to potentially remember seeing him. Perhaps the family may also want to reconstruct his day leading up to his going up to Topanga Canyon...talk to his friends, talk to his work mates, talk to his girlfriend...this may also help jog the public’s memory if they saw him.

Has anyone looked at the call log answered for service that night? Was it a call for an auto accident or was it a call for a person in distress with audible screaming and yelling? That seems to be a huge discrepancy.

I have seen cars marked like this, yet only in wrecking yards & Pick-A-Part businesses - but the Xs are typically smaller - when that part has sold and needs to be pulled and used only when the hood, quarter panel, etc. is being repainted. And painted all over the car like this, yet in red giant Xs when the whole car is being picked up for the crusher. Out on the street with the bumper missing, I would think this car has been vandalized. JMO

We own a body shop and this is true. They’re often chalk markers and not spray paint. The colors usually indicate something about the “loss”. Like we use bright neon yellow to circle impact points or small circles for hail damage. Quite often red can mean a bio car, not always someone passed but there was biological waste contamination. If they anticipated it would be a crime scene it could be for photography/evidence purposes? Idk. Maybe that’s a stretch.

Its very patchy news isn't it. Only one report mentions he was a hiker - it would be good to find out what his movements were that day apart from the sighting. Also, are they saying his last social media input was the day before the cries for help were heard? Sorry if I'm getting in muddle.

Its very patchy news isn't it. Only one report mentions he was a hiker - it would be good to find out what his movements were that day apart from the sighting. Also, are they saying his last social media input was the day before the cries for help were heard? Sorry if I'm getting in muddle.
You are right. The information is sporadic and changes everytime I look at it.
1). Why did he go to the hiking trail to begin with? Was he meeting someone...
friends?
2) When the hikers said he appeared stuck, what did that mean. It also said the car's front tire was over the outlook?
3). Did he inadvertently drive the car off the cliff, thus mangling it to some degree.
4). What is the reason they think it's foul play?
5). I Can't help but think he's somewhere in the area, perhaps covered by brush. And probably not alive. He's been gone far too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak