Still Missing CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 *husband arrested* #5

Oh, wow. Thanks @Niner.
I have Fox5 local news on, and they opened with this news development. I have to admit, LM's parents complaints concerning the children come across as justified. What?!! Wait, don't throw tomatoes at me yet. I haven't read the whole complaint yet, but my initial reaction hearing this on the news was shock that CVPD handled it that way.

Yes, I do not think I'd agree with mine, or anyone's children, being picked up and kept in questioning without my knowledge. Is that how it really happened? Can't believe LE would do it that way. Remember, this is just my initial reaction, hearing this on the Fox5 local news. I hope I find out LM's were notified by CVPD well in advance.

I care about Maya's children, not LM's parents. Sorry, but I am also cringing to read about the May 7, 2021 event when police officers entered the home with guns pushing their way into rooms and, come on, probably terrifying the children. ("Plaintiffs grandchildren were in shock and terror.") I know LM's parents have continually bashed Maya and certainly have told mistruths, so I hope CVPD did things by legitimate procedures and kept their actions faultless. This is certainly not how CVPD presented itself throughout what I was seeing on the news reports, including the interviews with the police chief. What do you all think about the complaints in regards to the children?

BENITO LEO MILLETE; JUDITH I MILLETE PLAINTIFFS, VS. CHULA VISTA POLICE DEPARTMENT, AND CITY OF CHULA VISTA

They also claim police picked up Millete’s kids from school without consent in September.

“When they went to pick up their grand daughters, plaintiffs were worried even more, because they were not at the usual pick-up spot. Plaintiffs went to the office to find out where they were,” the lawsuit continues. “Plaintiffs were told by the clerk that about 9:00 a.m. police took them. The CCV police officers did not return the three children until 5:30 p.m.”

This is all MOO and initials thoughts on this latest development.
I get what you’re saying, and after reading the lawsuit it says that LE entered the grandchildrens room with “excessive force” instead of waiting for the plaintiffs to get them the key. It’s not totally clear, but I’m guessing the children were either locked in the room or locked themselves in the room during the search warrant? So, not knowing what’s on the other side of the locked door, the police are not going to just wait around while someone looks for a key. Especially under the circumstances of the search warrant. So they probably had no choice but to bust the door down?

I get what you’re saying, and after reading the lawsuit it says that LE entered the grandchildrens room with “excessive force” instead of waiting for the plaintiffs to get them the key. It’s not totally clear, but I’m guessing the children were either locked in the room or locked themselves in the room during the search warrant? So, not knowing what’s on the other side of the locked door, the police are not going to just wait around while someone looks for a key. Especially under the circumstances of the search warrant. So they probably had no choice but to bust the door down?
Good catch.

Whoever instructed the children to lock themselves in there created the fearful situation, LE didn't!!!

I bet there's more to the story of the school pick up too. Maybe a CPS-type intervention, to ensure their safety, evaluate them, away from the caregiver.

I worry about these children who are IMO being indoctrinated to fear, not trust LE. Who are being conditioned to blame their mother for her absence and are being willfully and systemically alienated from their maternal relatives and a world of objective, emotional support.

JMO

Some of their complaints are silly and petty though. JMO, upon reading #8, it sounds like LE did try to shelter the children away from the search isolating them in the kitchen and then backyard. The complaint of spending two hrs. in the backyard seems petty.

Being embarrassed and humiliated and blaming LE is putting the blame in the wrong direction. After all, LE is doing their job. Their embarrassment and shame is connected to the humiliation their son has caused them for being under investigation for the murder of his wife. I don't see how you can blame CVPD for the trembling and how uncomfortable they were. CVPD, doing their job, isn't responsible for all their reactions.

8. CCV Police officers unlawfully detained the plaintif1's and their three grandchildren, grandson age 5, granddaughters, ages 9 and 11. CCV police officers told the plaintiffs and the three grandchildren to go to the kitchen and not to leave the kitchen. Afterwards, the CCV police (24) officers demanded that the plaintiffs go outside in the back yard. The plaintiffs and the (25) grandchildren were in the back yard for about two hours. Neighbors and the media and others were staring at plaintiffs and their grandchildren. Plaintiffs were embarrassed, humiliated.

9. Plaintiffs and the grandchildren were shocked, trembling, shaken, scared, and uncomfortable (5) because they were intimidated by the CCV police officers' actions.

BBM

I have to agree with your statements. Their son brought this all on them and the children. Can't expect all kinds of touchy feeling hand holding while LE conducts a search warrant. Just hope when LE took those kids out of school, kept them in questioning all day, that they had notified the grandparents. It's hard for me to believe LE didn't
go through correct (CYA) procedures.
they could have asked to leave. or one of them leave with the children.

I'll shorten this up a bit....

Thursday, May 12th:
*Preliminary Exam Readiness Hearing (re murder) (@ 1:30pm PT) - CA - *May “Maya” Millete (39) (last seen @ home on Jan. 7, 2021, near San Miguel Ranch area, Chula Vista & reported missing Jan. 9, 2021 by her sister; not found). *Larry Ibarreta Millete (40) charged (10/18/21), arrested (10/19/21) & arraigned (10/21/21) with murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Denied bail (11/4/21).
*Larry Millete (39/now 40) regarding gun violence restraining order on possession of guns (1/7/21) <<temporary GVRO in place against Millete was dissolved 12/1/21. Plead not guilty.
Case & court info from 1/7/21 thru 12/16/21 reference post #205 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-7-jan-2021-husband-arrested-5.600342/page-11

1/19/22: Guardianship: During the hearing the judge changed the visitation rules saying the maternal relatives can have the children visit them in Riverside County. Next hearing on 4/25/22. 1/21/22 Update: Visitations hearing on 2/25/22 was vacated.
2/28/21 Update: Murder: 2/28/22 Update: Defense attorney Martinez needs more time to prepare. Millette will return to court 5/12/22 @ 1:30pm for a preliminary exam readiness hearing. The preliminary examination for Millete that was set for 4/14/22 has been reset for 6/27/22 @ 8:30am.
4/25/22 Update: Guardianship: Maricris Drouaillet, sister of Maya will file a petition in court next week to assume guardianship for the children. Drouaillet argues that the children's mother, Maya, is still missing & their father is in prison. According to court documents, Drouaillet wants to offer a stable home. The court ordered psychological care for the Millete children to help process the loss of their mother & the incarceration of their father. The court authorized visits from Drouillet & other family members in November 2021. Next hearing mid-July.

5/10/22 Update: Benito Leo & Judith I. Millete the parents of Larry Millete have filed a lawsuit against Chula Vista Police & the City of Chula Vista alleging violation of civil rights & intentional infliction of mental distress. In the lawsuit, the Milletes claim police left the family traumatized when they executed a search warrant at the home on May 7, 2021.

2/28/21 Update: Murder: 2/28/22 Update: Defense attorney Martinez needs more time to prepare. Millette will return to court 5/12/22 @ 1:30pm for a preliminary exam readiness hearing. The preliminary examination for Millete that was set for 4/14/22 has been reset for 6/27/22 @ 8:30am.
Local news reported the preliminary hearing happened yesterday for Larry, and will continue on 6/27/22. Worth noting-- the Judge closed up a loop hole where LM might've used other means to be in contact with his children. Judge added additional guideline, just in case LM decided to try being sneaky.

As usual, I heard reports on two different tv news stations, and yet can't find any mention in a written article yet. Irritates me because I always hear it, but only catch a bit of it while I'm doing something else.

Local news reported the preliminary hearing happened yesterday for Larry, and will continue on 6/27/22. Worth noting-- the Judge closed up a loop hole where LM might've used other means to be in contact with his children. Judge added additional guideline, just in case LM decided to try being sneaky.

As usual, I heard reports on two different tv news stations, and yet can't find any mention in a written article yet. Irritates me because I always hear it, but only catch a bit of it while I'm doing something else.

It's covered at the beginning of the video I just posted. It pertains to "video visits".

Judge mentions in the video at the 8:45 minute mark two dates-- June 9th and June 27th.

Larry seemed really perturbed and pushing it in the video. He wants to be allowed more contact, but this Judge understands he and his parents violated it before, and LM was allowed to communicate all kinds of nonsense to his children.

I'm sure LM has caused his children too many concerns about criminality, and too much sorrow, for their innocent, young minds to bear. :(

Regarding the video of the hearing posted - can anyone hear "what" kind of hearing is on June 9th? I can't understand what the DA was saying which starts at 1:30pm. The only hearing in the court site is the one on 6/27.

TIA! :)

Yesterday's hearing was the preliminary exam readiness hearing - and the preliminary exam will be on 6/27/22. So my notes were correct that you quoted. :)

Regarding the video of the hearing posted - can anyone hear "what" kind of hearing is on June 9th? I can't understand what the DA was saying which starts at 1:30pm. The only hearing in the court site is the one on 6/27.

TIA! :)
It's a status conference on June 9. The defense also wanted the Judge to confirm a date for the witness list but he didn't bite -- told Ms. Martinez he trusted the defense and prosecutor could work that out together.

It's a status conference on June 9. The defense also wanted the Judge to confirm a date for the witness list but he didn't bite -- told Ms. Martinez he trusted the defense and prosecutor could work that out together.

And again - I thank you!! :)

I just received this notice from the S.D. DA's office (I signed up for emails on this case).

Preliminary Exam Readiness scheduled for Jun 9 2022 8:30AM at the San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center in Department 9.

Also the court site changed overnite...

Defendant: Larry Ibarreta Millete
Defense Counsel: Bonita Martinez
Court No. CS319857
Date Time Event
06/09/2022 08:30 AM Preliminary Exam Readiness

San Diego Superior Court, South County Division, South County Regional Center, Dept. 9

link: Case Information, Search - San Diego County District Attorney

Looks like instead of a "status" hearing, it's the same as Friday's - preliminary exam readiness hearing. And changed the time from 1:30pm to 8:30am.

Looks like instead of a "status" hearing, it's the same as Friday's - preliminary exam readiness hearing. And changed the time from 1:30pm to 8:30am.
^^rsbm
Got it! It was the prosecutor that called the 6/9 hearing a status conference. Nonetheless, I imagine the hearing will be devoted to PH issues (at least those not heard in open court) since the last hearing was 9 minutes devoted to LM's visitation at the jail! :)

ETA: I'm still wondering what happened to Judge MaryAnn D'Addezio and who will be the trial Judge?

Last edited:
^^rsbm
Got it! It was the prosecutor that called the 6/9 hearing a status conference. Nonetheless, I imagine the hearing will be devoted to PH issues (at least those not heard in open court) since the last hearing was 9 minutes devoted to LM's visitation at the jail! :)

ETA: I'm still wondering what happened to Judge MaryAnn D'Addezio and who will be the trial Judge?

Usually they have the Judge's name on the court site - but I did notice it was not on there today.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.
Back