Still Missing CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 *husband arrested* #5

30 miles from Chula Vista...
Size 7 shoe sounds a bit big for a woman 5'2", but certainly possible.
There was no indication if teeth were found, which would make identification much easier.
But running shoes and shorts sounds consistent with her sporty lifestyle....

I think this is the closest we have come; it could very well be her earthly remains. It just adds up.
Prayers for her family.

Amateur opinion and speculation
FWIW, I'm 5"1 and I wear 7.5 shoes.

There was a Jane Doe added to NAMUS today from Alpine CA - I wonder if this could be Maya

The remains were discovered June 5th. Wouldn't they have been able to at least rule out Maya by now? Do we know if she wore size 7 Converse shoes (as found near the remains)?

I agree. Maya missing is a high profile case where active searches are ongoing, and I think Maya being the female, human skull located in San Diego County on June 5 would already be ruled out before 90 days or when the unidentified remains were added to NamUS on Aug 30.

Nonetheless, the UP is somebody's daughter, sister, and friend, and I hope she's soon identified and her family notified that she's no longer missing. MOO

Alpine had a population of 14,696 at the 2020 census, up from 14,236 at the 2010 census. The town is largely surrounded by the Cleveland National Forest and borders two reservations of the Kumeyaay Nation, Viejas and Sycuan, and the rural unincorporated areas around the city of El Cajon.

There was no indication if teeth were found, which would make identification much easier.
But running shoes and shorts sounds consistent with her sporty lifestyle....

I think this is the closest we have come; it could very well be her earthly remains. It just adds up.
Prayers for her family.

Amateur opinion and speculationI'
I'm 5'2" and I wear a size 7 shoe.

^^rsbm

Although there are no official shoe size statistics, it is widely considered that the average shoe size for women in the US is usually from 8.5 to 9.

On the other hand, the international average shoe size for women is from 7 to 9 with an average size of 8, while the global average shoe size for men ranges between 9 and 12 with an average size of 10.5.

[..]

Average Shoe Size For Women​

It is widely believed that there is an established connection between women’s shoe size and height. In particular, shorter women usually have smaller feet as they don’t require a too big base for stability. On the other hand, taller ladies tend to have bigger feet because they need a wider base for better balance.

However, there were sources indicating that American women’s shoe sizes are different, regardless of their height. It could be due to natural differences in genetics and heredity, or you simply bought a pair of shoes that is either too big or too narrow for your foot.

[..]

In fact, there is no formal document regarding the height of the US women with their average shoe sizes. However, some indicate the average shoe size for a woman based on her height as follows:

Women AgeWomen HeightAverage Women’s Shoe Size
Over 204’9″ to 5’3″5 to 8.5
Over 205’4″ to 5’7″6.5 to 10
Over 205’8″ to 6′ or taller9 to 15

Average Shoe Size for Women by Height

Friday, September 1st:
*Hearing (@ am PT) - CA - *May “Maya” Millete (39) (last seen @ home on Jan. 7, 2021, near San Miguel Ranch area, Chula Vista & reported missing Jan. 9, 2021 by her sister; not found). *Larry Ibarreta Millete (40/now 41) - Conservatorship Case: To have a conservator take control of Maya’s estate in her absence filed on 5/11/23 by sister Drouaillet. San Diego County.
Case & court info from 1/7/21 thru 5/8/23 reference post #675 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-7-jan-2021-husband-arrested-5.600342/page-34

5/11/23: Conservatorship: Maya's sister Maricris Drouaillet filed court papers to have a conservator take control of Maya's estate in her absence. The documents stated that foreclosure proceedings were started on the Milletes' Chula Vista home by their lender due to missed mortgage payments & that "sufficient funds do not exist to continue making payments on the mortgage & maintain the house." A hearing has been set for 8/10/23 regarding the conservatorship.
8/10/23 Update: A conservatorship hearing regarding Maya Millete's estate was held Thursday morning in San Diego Superior Court. Maya's sister, Maricris Drouaillet, had petitioned the court, asking a conservator to facilitate the sale of the couple's Chula Vista home. Judge Olga Alvarez granted that request. The home is estimated to be valued at around $1.2 million. The money from the sale will go into a blocked account. Neither side will have access to it until it is determined which part belongs to Maya & which part belongs to Larry. December was proposed during the hearing to address the division of monies available to LM if any. Next hearing in December. During Thursday's hearing, it was also revealed the children will remain in the custody of Larry's parents for now & they will move into a home in the same area of Chula Vista so they can continue attending the same schools. Judge Olga Alvarez has appointed Kaitlyn Welling of Foster Thornton Welling as conservator on Aug. 10, 2023, having been petitioned to do so in April by Maya's sister, Maricris Drouaillet & granted that fiduciary permission to sell her home, as well as her vehicles & other property. All the parties involved in the conservatorship hearing are due back in court 9/1/23 to discuss the sale of the property & "the housing plan for the children," according to Thursday's ruling.

Anyone here - can you access the Conservatorship court site? I have the next hearing in December, but no specific date....

Anyone? TIA if you can find something.

Next hearing for him is for the murder charge on 10/1/23 for a felony readiness conference hearing at 9am. A motions hearing on 1/8/24 & trial to begin on 1/16/24.

Guardianship - trial begins on 1/5/24.

Anyone here - can you access the Conservatorship court site? I have the next hearing in December, but no specific date....

Anyone? TIA if you can find something.

Next hearing for him is for the murder charge on 10/1/23 for a felony readiness conference hearing at 9am. A motions hearing on 1/8/24 & trial to begin on 1/16/24.

Guardianship - trial begins on 1/5/24.

Link: https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/faces/SearchResults.xhtml

Case Information
Case Number:37-2023-00017948-PR-CE-CTLDate Filed:04/26/2023
Case Title:Conservatorship of May T. Millete aka Maya Millete [IMAGED]Case Status:Pending
Case Category:ProbateLocation:Central
Case Type:Conservatorship Of Estate OnlyJudicial Officer:Olga Alvarez
Case Age:Department:503
Future Events

Event DateEvent TimeLocationEvent Type
12/04/202311:00 AM503Review Hearing (Conservatorships)

Link: https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/faces/SearchResults.xhtml

Case Information
Case Number:37-2023-00017948-PR-CE-CTLDate Filed:04/26/2023
Case Title:Conservatorship of May T. Millete aka Maya Millete [IMAGED]Case Status:Pending
Case Category:ProbateLocation:Central
Case Type:Conservatorship Of Estate OnlyJudicial Officer:Olga Alvarez
Case Age:Department:503
Future Events

Event DateEvent TimeLocationEvent Type
12/04/202311:00 AM503Review Hearing (Conservatorships)

Thank you!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

Larry Millete is going to do some kind of interview with the NBC7 San Diego news station telling his side of the story on Tuesday 10/3/23 on the 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. news. That's all I know for now.

Larry Millete is going to do some kind of interview with the NBC7 San Diego news station telling his side of the story on Tuesday 10/3/23 on the 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. news. That's all I know for now.

Does this mean that Larry's attorney has resigned as his counsel?

Wow, I will try to watch this if it ends up on YouTube. I am always so sad for poor Maya. I feel so very sad for her children and family and friends.

^^rsbm

Although there are no official shoe size statistics, it is widely considered that the average shoe size for women in the US is usually from 8.5 to 9.

On the other hand, the international average shoe size for women is from 7 to 9 with an average size of 8, while the global average shoe size for men ranges between 9 and 12 with an average size of 10.5.

[..]

Average Shoe Size For Women​

It is widely believed that there is an established connection between women’s shoe size and height. In particular, shorter women usually have smaller feet as they don’t require a too big base for stability. On the other hand, taller ladies tend to have bigger feet because they need a wider base for better balance.

However, there were sources indicating that American women’s shoe sizes are different, regardless of their height. It could be due to natural differences in genetics and heredity, or you simply bought a pair of shoes that is either too big or too narrow for your foot.

[..]

In fact, there is no formal document regarding the height of the US women with their average shoe sizes. However, some indicate the average shoe size for a woman based on her height as follows:

Women AgeWomen HeightAverage Women’s Shoe Size
Over 204’9″ to 5’3″5 to 8.5
Over 205’4″ to 5’7″6.5 to 10
Over 205’8″ to 6′ or taller9 to 15

Average Shoe Size for Women by Height
Ime, anecdotally, age, and weight changes can change shoe sizes. Among family and friends, it seems that it isn't rare. I was a size 8, now a 7, my Mom was 8 and is now 8.5/9. Jme.

FYI, today on our local NBC station aired Daytime Dateline, "The Day Jennifer Dulos Disappeared" was rebroadcast.

Nothing new...a reminder of old details, etc.It's probably available on YouTube or Facebook....I would guess.

I've seen that advertisement blurb about Larry's interview on Tuesday 4:00 & 6:00 about 3-4 times now, but can't find anything promoting it on their online site. I think it'll just be on the tail-end of the news cast tomorrow. It's Investigative Reports.

The interviewer is asking Larry about the witchcraft spells, camera shot to his mealy mouth. You can expect him to make light of it, and blame Maya. Bet on it! This seems like a mini rehearsal of whether he'd take the stand at his trial, or if his side of the story will have any impact.

Videos here: San Diego sailor accused of espionage due in court this week | San Diego News Daily

Podcasts are here: NBC 7 San Diego Podcasts: Coverage You Count On

I've seen that advertisement blurb about Larry's interview on Tuesday 4:00 & 6:00 about 3-4 times now, but can't find anything promoting it on their online site. I think it'll just be on the tail-end of the news cast tomorrow. It's Investigative Reports.

The interviewer is asking Larry about the witchcraft spells, camera shot to his mealy mouth. You can expect him to make light of it, and blame Maya. Bet on it! This seems like a mini rehearsal of whether he'd take the stand at his trial, or if his side of the story will have any impact.

Videos here: San Diego sailor accused of espionage due in court this week | San Diego News Daily

Podcasts are here: NBC 7 San Diego Podcasts: Coverage You Count On

Could this be a rebroadcast of LM's earlier interview with News7 prior to his arrest?

Before the LM was ordered to complete a competency evaluation, Larry had been expected to go to trial on October 9, 2023, and as expected after a new event was added, the trial schedule was pushed back.

In other words, this Promo could have been set up to air long ago in anticipation of his October 9, trial date. MOO

Could this be a rebroadcast of LM's earlier interview with News7 prior to his arrest?....
No, @Seattle1, no way. News7 San Diego keeps advertising it as a new development. Besides, he never gave an interview answering these type of questions before. (like the spellcasters) The interview you're talking about is ancient history. This is being touted as a new interview. Hope we all get to see it and discuss it.

No, @Seattle1, no way. News7 San Diego keeps advertising it as a new development. Besides, he never gave an interview answering these type of questions before. (like the spellcasters) The interview you're talking about is ancient history. This is being touted as a new interview. Hope we all get to see it and discuss it.

@Curious Me, Thanks for confirming the "advertising" indicates a new development as none of the links provided in OP's post assist in making this clear. Even the podcast link leads to a "latest episode" featuring Billy Little who's not been part of this story for years. Glad we can count on you to keep us straight.

I think the body might belong to Danielle Rico missing from Hemet. There isn't a thread for her here. She's been missing a year. I just told her mom to check it out.
I started a thread for Danielle some time ago, I will cross post the Alpine UID fhere

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucasmiller
Back