CA CA - Mendocino Co., Male, 25-45, in shallow grave by Eel River, Oct'12

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by CarlK90245, Mar 15, 2013.

1. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Slow progress identifying human remains found in October

Read More:
    http://www.willitsnews.com/ci_22793791/slow-progress-identifying-human-remains-found-october

2. Loading...

3. deca

deca New Member

I know it says that they believe this man is a victim of homicide- isn't it pretty unusual to bury a victim?

4. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

5. MrsTigglesworth

MrsTigglesworth Member

6. deca

deca New Member

I am sure that shirt was mass produced but still, fairly distinctive. Hopefully someone will remember that their MP had a shirt like that.

7. SpicySun

SpicySun New Member

8. CarlK90245

http://www.times-standard.com/local...entifying-human-remains-helps-law-enforcement

They spelled Chris Giauque's name wrong in the article, but they don't think the John Doe is Chris:

Chris Giauque
    [​IMG]
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/giauque_chris.html

9. webrocket

webrocket New Member

10. hannah1988

hannah1988 New Member

11. EmmaliLucia

EmmaliLucia New Member

Well, when did pro-wings first come out?

That should answer a lot of questions

12. CarlK90245

That was what I was trying to figure out. Both of Hanna's possibles went missing in 1985-1986, which would seem to be right at the margin of being too early to have owned Pro-Wings.

BTW, welcome to WS Hannah.

13. kpdx

kpdx Jane Doe was discovered Aug. 14, 1977 outside of E

14. hannah1988

hannah1988 New Member

Thanks! Like a lot of people, I've been reading on here for a while, and just now got the urge to start posting.

Thanks for making the point about the Pro-Wings. After looking into it more, Jordan knock-offs started around 1985, so the shoes would've had to have been almost brand new at the time of disappearance. Plus, based on their pictures, I can't really imagine these guys wearing Pro-Wings.

15. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching and Waiting

This case (along with two other Mendocino county cases) is reviewed today in the Lost Coast Outpost (LOCO) in hopes someone will remember something. In the comments, someone makes the point that the victim could have bought the shoes and shirt second hand, later than they were produced. There are pictures of the T-shirt, pants, shoes, and knife.

http://lostcoastoutpost.com/2014/nov/28/unindentified-mendo-bodies/

16. burblestein

burblestein Active Member

Random thought: Researching the earliest production of ProWings shoes will tell the earliest possible time the homicide could have occurred, but what else could it prove?

17. burblestein

18. WyomingSkyAngel

WyomingSkyAngel "Night Eyes"

My Vegas betting odds are on this John Doe having been a "trimmigrant" who crossed a local grower & paid for it with his life. The placement of the body is probably deliberate & meant to have sent a message. Don't expect any local co-operation to ID this Doe but I'd bet you anything some local people know what happened & who he is.

The Emerald Triangle is not an innocent or pretty place.

19. burblestein

The Emerald Triangle is beautiful...but the increasing number of huge illegal marijuana plantations is leading to violence in the woods. Another unusual effect is that we are attracting these illegal growers from as far away as Bulgaria! LE sometimes busts Mexican Indians who don't even speak Spanish, and don't even know what country they are in.

And so the Emerald Triangle has an extraordinary number of missing persons and cold cases. All the bodies in these woods are probably never going to be found.

20. WyomingSkyAngel

WyomingSkyAngel "Night Eyes"

From my sources (Triangle lifers)..... truth be told the level of violence & craziness has always been high, just more covered up.

The Mexicans who do grows use Mexican Indians because they are guaranteed to not cause problems (the people are basically hostage labor.)

My brother got shot at for walking near a grow in the early 1980s. Drug traffickers don't mess around, whether their product is quasi legal or not. All about the money....

21. burblestein

Indeed, it is all about illegal $$$. And while there has been violence in the past, it seems to be escalating. Lawlessness has increased to the point that LE goes into Spy Rock and Island Mountain in Mendocino County only occasionally and in force. To give an idea of how large these plantations get, recent raids uncovered a plantation of 9000+ plants. Another raid tore out 53,000 plants--a potential 26 tons of pot. Rumors abound around here that grows are by the Mafia, the Mexican Mafia, or any of a number of other large criminal organizations. One thing for sure. The mom and pop growers are being crowded, and the medical growers are being harassed by both sides. And people are being murdered because of it.