Identified! CA - Mentone, UnkRaceMale Child UP2550, 2-8, in mountainous area, Oct'91 - Derrick Burton

I'd be interested to know if the father, having served time for abduction, would face additional charges if the investigation led that direction, and if he's still alive. I can't imagine there isn't a connection. That baby was never in Jordan, he was murdered. :(

MOO

Last edited:
Yes I think so. The mother's name is the same as the other articles. Maybe police thought Derrick was in fact in Jordan and didn't keep his missing person report active.
If it was a parental abduction back in 1991, when Derrick reached the age of 18 his file was likely closed. This has happened a lot and I feel more of these parental abduction cases should be reopened. Derrick’s case should be a good example of why we can’t just always safely assume the child is alive because they are with a parent or family member.

In the Fall of 2022, DNA from the human remains was sent to the DNA sequencing and genomics laboratory, Othram Inc., for genealogy investigation in hopes to identify the decedent. In February of 2023, Othram revealed distant genetic relatives to the decedent located in Houston, TX. The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department Homicide Detail contacted the genetic relatives and received consent for their DNA for further testing.

With the assistance of the Riverside, CA and Houston, TX FBI offices, Patricia Clark was identified as the decedent’s mother. Clark was contacted and it was discovered Clark reported her child missing to the San Bernardino Police Department in 1991. However, the child was never located. Clark’s DNA was obtained and sent to FTDNA which revealed Clark was a 100% parental match to the human remains of the child Doe, now known to be Derrick Burton. Sheriff’s Homicide will further the investigation.

Try this. You should be able to view this without a subscription

Okay, so... it is not even sure from the article that Derrick was H.s son, just that Derricks mother was H.s ex wife. LE was acting very weird. They knew the child was abducted and put the guy in prison. But did not check further on the childs whereabouts and wellbeing and believed the guys very fishy and bizarrw story that he "sent Derrick off to Amman, Jordan (!), to be raised as a Muslim". I mean, H. was an American guy who probably converted to Islam and changed his name - why on earth would he have relatives in Amman? And even if, it is illegal to remove a child from custody and send him to another country without the (other) parents consent. Also, why didnt LE ask him to prove his story - send immigration records, visa, flight tickets, a contact in Jordan for the child? I mean, its Jordan in the Middle East and not some Jordan in the USA. They just believed his very very fishy story.

Okay, so... it is not even sure from the article that Derrick was H.s son, just that Derricks mother was H.s ex wife. LE was acting very weird. They knew the child was abducted and put the guy in prison. But did not check further on the childs whereabouts and wellbeing and believed the guys very fishy and bizarrw story that he "sent Derrick off to Amman, Jordan (!), to be raised as a Muslim". I mean, H. was an American guy who probably converted to Islam and changed his name - why on earth would he have relatives in Amman? And even if, it is illegal to remove a child from custody and send him to another country without the (other) parents consent. Also, why didnt LE ask him to prove his story - send immigration records, visa, flight tickets, a contact in Jordan for the child? I mean, its Jordan in the Middle East and not some Jordan in the USA. They just believed his very very fishy story.
Thank you, seems pretty obvious he killed the boy and disposed of him out of anger at his mother.

Don't think it was the son of Ismael Abdul-Hameen....look up his name in family search dot org (free subscription unlike ancestry) and you'll see what appears to be his former name, SS data, and subsequent aliases with both names. The child birth surname was Burton and the mothers name was Clark per California Birth Index. If you have a family search dot org you can go straight here..... https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:6K46-91L7

I wonder if he was part of the Nation of Islam. IIRC they are/were headquartered in Detroit and IAH seems to be from near there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub
Back