CA - Michael Morales in the '81 murder of Terri Winchell

Welcome Sue,

Glad to have you aboard! I made this graphic to pass around share with other boards etc..... feel free to grab it.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I found this at another message board. If anyone would like to help donate towards supplies etc. for the Candlelight Vigil, they can feel free to pm me and I will send you the Paypal Email address that I found on the other board and I will pm you back.

[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]~ National Candlelight Vigil For Terri ~

[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Terri Lynn Winchell was brutally murdered on January 8, 1981 by Michael Morales. Morales was convicted and sentenced to Death in 1983. The family and friends have waited a long time for Justice to be served and has been long overdue. Morales was scheduled to be executed on February 21, 2006 and that has been postponed indefinitely!

On Friday, March 3, 2006 7:00 pm the family and friends of Terri Winchell are hosting a candlelight vigil at Tokay High School, 111 W Century Blvd., Lodi, California 95240. The Candles will be lit at 7:30 pm.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Guest Speaker is Gloria Allred. If you have her book, please bring it and she will be happy to sign. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please remember to light your candle at 7:30 pm. Please check the Terri Winchell thread in our forum if you would like to donate towards helping with the cost of the Vigil.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please remember Michael Morales is in San Quentin. If he gets away with this, so will Scott Peterson and 600 plus convicted Death Row Inmates.
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Eric13367 said:
My second choice of "punishment" would be to take this out into the woods and find a tree stump about 4ft in height ,you slam his *advertiser censored* down on the stump and then you nail his scrotum (numerous times) to the tree stump, you then hand a baseball bat to the parents of the deceased child and they slam him in the chest knocking him over, you then hand him a VERY dull knife, he now has the choice..... cut em off or dangle by em'. Sounds better than any other solution I have heard.

I SECOND THAT!!!!:clap:

It's not about whether his victim suffered or not. Do we really as a society want to strap people down and kill them in a manner that would have them struggling and screaming?

I think the witnesses would start fainting and vomiting....if you make the death painfull then you will be giving anti death penalty groups more ammo to work with to abolish it altogether.

Do we want to become as heartless as the killers we condemn? Two wrongs do not make a right.

Of course he doesn't deserve a painless death....but don't we strive to be better than murderers....so we give mercy to those who do not deserve it.

You are not going to find doctors and anesthesiologists who will agree to help in a death that is tantamount to torture. The people who put the prisoner to death have to live with what they are doing. Not many people would be able to handle being part of a death (even of a murderer) that was horrific to watch and then just go home and forget about it. We don't have the right to ask medical personel to perform such things against their will.

Let's keep reality in perspective. As society we must refrain from being simply vengefull or becoming so brutal that we are no better than murderers ourselves.

For the death penalty to remain legal it will have to remain as painless as is possible.

Maybe So said:
It's not about whether his victim suffered or not. Do we really as a society want to strap people down and kill them in a manner that would have them struggling and screaming?

I think the witnesses would start fainting and vomiting....if you make the death painfull then you will be giving anti death penalty groups more ammo to work with to abolish it altogether.

Do we want to become as heartless as the killers we condemn? Two wrongs do not make a right.

Of course he doesn't deserve a painless death....but don't we strive to be better than murderers....so we give mercy to those who do not deserve it.

You are not going to find doctors and anesthesiologists who will agree to help in a death that is tantamount to torture. The people who put the prisoner to death have to live with what they are doing. Not many people would be able to handle being part of a death (even of a murderer) that was horrific to watch and then just go home and forget about it. We don't have the right to ask medical personel to perform such things against their will.

Let's keep reality in perspective. As society we must refrain from being simply vengefull or becoming so brutal that we are no better than murderers ourselves.

For the death penalty to remain legal it will have to remain as painless as is possible.
Well, I wonder if an RN can could start the IV, if so when I finish school, I will gladly help.
I see what you are saying, but I think these low life scum bags lost all their rights when they chose to murder and we should have NO mercy on them. Who cares it he feels pain, I know I dont. And I am sure terri's family doesn't either. JMO

Maybe So said:
I think the witnesses would start fainting and vomiting
Sorry but that is their problem.If they want to attend and they feel bad enough for the killer,let them :sick: all they want.

At least the waste of skin strapped to gurney knows how "IT" is going to die,where "It" is going to die,"It" knows when "It" is going to die("It" cried pain and had the lawyer cry for him).

That girl begged for her life while she was being killed PAINFULLY.

"He was quite relieved to find he was not being executed,"
(This was said by "it" when he found out that he was going to live.)

dark_shadows said:
Sorry but that is their problem.If they want to attend and they feel bad enough for the killer,let them :sick: all they want.

At least the waste of skin strapped to gurney knows how "IT" is going to die,where "It" is going to die,"It" knows when "It" is going to die("It" cried pain and had the lawyer cry for him).

That girl begged for her life while she was being killed PAINFULLY.

"He was quite relieved to find he was not being executed,"
(This was said by "it" when he found out that he was going to live.)

Umm, I understand that he fullyt deserves to die a painful death. I understand that he deserves no mercy. I have no problem with condemning vicious killers to death sentences and I think they should be carried out much sooner than they usually are.

But, I think they should be done properly. I mean would you have the victims family leave feeling guilt? Some of them just might not have the stomache for it that we think they do. I would not want his victims parents to have to live with the awful scenes of his death. It would be just another ugly scene that hurts them emotionally in the end.

And what if a killer has completely innocent family he is leaving behind? Should they have to live with hearing that their father, brother, son or whatever died in horrible pain?....do we need vengence to the point that we risk harming the lives of more of the totally innocent in that way? Not to mention the lawsuits that might come of it?

I don't think that it serves a purpose to become as vengeful or barbaric as the murderers we condemn. We do not condone torture or mistreatment of prisoners (at least in theory) and I hope we never do.

I do not know how painful the death would be without the person being put to sleep first...and I am not interested in finding out.

I think society needs to rise above that sort of thing. We should not need to witness more pain in order to feel we did the right thing.

It is just my opinion but I cringe from a society that chants for the suffering of anyone murderer or not.

You of course have the right to feel otherwise and I understand completely that people think he should suffer...I just think that reality is that we cannot actually do things that way even if we think it is what he deserves. It would just be wrong IMO and I doubt you would find many health care professionals that would voluntarily participate.

Again, JMHO.

Maybe So said:
I mean would you have the victims family leave feeling guilt? Some of them just might not have the stomache for it that we think they do. I would not want his victims parents to have to live with the awful scenes of his death. It would be just another ugly scene that hurts them emotionally in the end.
I doubt that her family would feel sorry for him if he felt a little prick of a needle, or a bit of stinging or even if he had a bit of vomiting, I mean my Lord, terri was brutally beat in the head with a hammer 23 times, then raped, then stabbed, I am sorry but I can tell you any family member of terri's, I am sure would be just fine. But then again, this is just my opinion.

The death penalty is a hard thing for me, personally. On one hand, I hate the idea of state-sponsored executions. On the other hand, I hate that people like this still breathe and think and feel (what they can) and their victims do not.

One of the things that really got me when the execution was postphoned was a picture in the paper of one of the protesters beaming with joy while various signs were held up behind saving "Save Morales".

Is there really not a better cause and better human being to be cheering on in this world than a convicted rapist-killer?

bbmcrae said:
The death penalty is a hard thing for me, personally. On one hand, I hate the idea of state-sponsored executions. On the other hand, I hate that people like this still breathe and think and feel (what they can) and their victims do not.

One of the things that really got me when the execution was postphoned was a picture in the paper of one of the protesters beaming with joy while various signs were held up behind saving "Save Morales".

Is there really not a better cause and better human being to be cheering on in this world than a convicted rapist-killer?
I believe the Death Penalty should be used more often then maybe we wont have these idiots acting like any way they want. They could be cheering for someone else. I think they need to remember the victims and I could never hold up a sign saying save a murderer. No way.......

bbmcrae said:

Yes, I wonder at people like that too. How can anyone make a brutal murderer their cause? I think their are better causes in the world than saving murdering rapists from the punishment they deserve.

JMHO

michelle said:
I doubt that her family would feel sorry for him if he felt a little prick of a needle, or a bit of stinging or even if he had a bit of vomiting, I mean my Lord, terri was brutally beat in the head with a hammer 23 times, then raped, then stabbed, I am sorry but I can tell you any family member of terri's, I am sure would be just fine. But then again, this is just my opinion.
Hi Michelle,
Very good post.
My best friend was listed as a missing person for 10 months.
His body was found in the woods by hunters.His killers have not been caught.
We do not have the death penalty here.
If we did his father and brother would have front row seats.I was very close to his family,his mother passed away a few months prior to his murder.She would not have been able to cope with the murder of her son and especially knowing that the killers would have free room and board,then be free to walk among society once released.He was her first born and they were very very close.
Thank-you again Michelle for all of your posts.

To the ones that worry about the killers pain;
What about the pain of a mother,family and loved ones left with the visions of the pain the murder victim suffered.That itself would override any thoughts of the killer being in pain during execution.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]~ National Candlelight Vigil For Terri ~[/font]
ForTerri-LTU.jpg

·Click here to Visit Justice For Terri - Terri's Voice

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Terri Lynn Winchell was brutally murdered on January 8, 1981 by Michael Morales. Morales was convicted and sentenced to Death in 1983. The family and friends have waited a long time for Justice to be served and has been long overdue. Morales was scheduled to be executed on February 21, 2006 and that has been postponed indefinitely!

On Friday, March 3, 2006 7:00 pm the family and friends of Terri Winchell are hosting a candlelight vigil at Tokay High School, 1111 W. Century Blvd., Lodi, California 95240. The Candles will be lit at 7:30 pm.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Guest Speaker to include Victims Advocate and Attorney, Gloria Allred. If you have her book, please bring it and she will be happy to sign. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please remember to light your candle at 7:30 pm. Please check the Terri Winchell thread in our forum if you would like to donate towards helping with the cost of the Vigil.[/font]

Please join us from around the world as we support Terri and her loved ones and light a candle for Justice.

Click the link below for the flyer, feel free to copy and post wherever you like.

ouckd5.jpg

~!~GODSPEED JUSTICE~!~

I would encourage everyone to participate.

It seems Terry's killer is getting all the attention. Let's change that.

Let the world know that Terry will not be forgotten.

Tricia

Tricia

Thank you for making this a sticky.

I am grateful for all that Websleuths does on a daily basis to help Victims.

You are the Best Tricia.

Trixie

I think the execution of the serial murderer as this one, should be as brutal as possible, depending on the victims death and i would sit fromt row seats and watch....snickering even :)

The parents probably think the death penalty is nill being that it's a needle prick and all.:crazy:

First of all, I should mention before I begin that I'm pro-death penalty. I used to work in the criminal justice system and have been personally involved in death penalty investigations.

But just to provide some balance to this debate, I'm going to explain what I believe the judge's side to be. Now, please keep in mind that I am playing devil's advocate here. I may or may not necessarily believe in or agree with what I'm about to write, I'm just presenting a different perspective for everyone to think about before they start hissing the judge and rah-rah-ing executions.

I know it's easy and emotionally satisfying to say that a guy who committed a brutal murder deserves to be treated the same way he treated his victim. But people have been committing murders since Cain killed Abel, or if you prefer, since the first caveman swung his tree-branch club into the head of another to steal his dinosaur meat. The issue is not what the killer deserves, because we all know he deserves something far more horrible than anything that will ever happen inside an execution chamber.

The issue from the judge's point of view is, how careless do we want our government to be? Remember, the government screw up a lot. This is the same goverment that people believe is filled with incompetent and uncaring bureaucrats who can't write social security checks correctly, can't be trusted to adminster a health care program, and buys toilet seats from defense contractors for $10,000 apiece. It's the government of IRS agents who audit you for no reason, the NSA spy program and Abu Ghirab prison.

And it's not so much better in criminal justice either. Because of advancements in DNA analysis, literally thousands of prisoners -- including more than a hundred who were on death row -- have been discovered to be innocent of the crime that our government charged them with, convicted them of, and held them in prison for decades for.

So, now that same government decides to put on an execution. And guess what? It screwed up again. It couldn't find a doctor to administer the medical procedure to kill the guy. So now the procedure won't work the way it's supposed to.

The point is not how much pain the guy deserves. In my opinion, he deserves a lot more than he'll ever feel. The point is that our democratically elected legislature established rules that the government is supposed to follow when it performs an execution. You may not like the rules (if you don't, then complain to your congressman who wrote the rules, not the judge who is only following them), but the rules say that lethal injection is supposed to be carried out in such a way that he'll feel no pain at all. And now those rules have been broken.

So, for those of you who think the judge is wrong, tell me, what's the judge supposed to do? It's his job to make sure the rules are followed. If those rules say (which they do) that lethal injection is supposed to be painless and that certain medical personnel are supposed to be present, then he's got no choice. He HAS to stop the execution. Because from his point of view, it's never OK for the government to break the law to kill a guy.

So anyway, I just thought that needed to be said before everyone gets carried away complaining about the judge and rooting for the guy to die in the most painful way posible. Some food for thought.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back