CA CA - Michael Negrete, 18, Los Angeles, 10 Dec 1999

I remember when this poor kid disappeared. It is truly mind boggling. That a teenager in college, could just walk away and no one saw him (or anything). UCLA is in the middle of a pretty heavily populated area. Just frustrating! I hope they find Michael and bring peace and answers to his family.

both myspaces list his astrological sign as either aquarius or leo, which dosen't match up with his birthday (3-25-81).

but who knows. anyone can easily lie on those things.

i think if anything, the 2nd profile looks like him. It looks like he might have gained a little weight, but the resembalance is good. Note how the eyebrows and lips are similar.

http://i7.tinypic.com/2evufpz.jpg

I doubt this is him though, since his profile is all in Spanish. I wonder how fluent he was in Spanish?

I'm curious why everybody seems to be thinking that Mike just "disappeared" himself! What are you basing that on?

None of the pics look enough like him to actually be him, IMO. Some of the pics. offered are strikingly different than Mike! Hairline, jawline, shape of face, etc. all different. The other young man with the same last name could be a relative since there seems to be family resemblance......similar, but not the same features.

It isn't one way or the other with me. I did get a strange feeling from the letter on the findmike website and the open letter from his parents on the lapd website, that there must have been some leaning towards a voluntary disappearence.

I did think the picture jodierenee singled out looks the most like him.

I gridded it out in Photoshop and the major features line up perfectly. The eye sockets, the distance from the forehead to the peaks in the eyebrows...

What wasn't clear to me was the profile (in Spanish). Anyone know if Michael spoke Spanish?

connieallbright said:
It isn't one way or the other with me. I did get a strange feeling from the letter on the findmike website and the open letter from his parents on the lapd website, that there must have been some leaning towards a voluntary disappearence.

I gridded it out in Photoshop and the major features line up perfectly. The eye sockets, the distance from the forehead to the peaks in the eyebrows...

What wasn't clear to me was the profile (in Spanish). Anyone know if Michael spoke Spanish?

He is described as White/Hispanic in the findmike website. That doesn't mean absolutely that he would speak Spanish, but I'd tend to think he did.

:( whatever may have happened, I hope they find Mike. I've followed this since the beginning, and it's heartbreaking.

MG

connieallbright said:

Wow - that photo does look (to me) a lot like Michael, esp the lips, nose, and hair. I noticed that the parents' webpage mentions that Michael's case was featured on "Primer Impacto" which is a Spanish-language news show, so it's possible that they are a Spanish-speaking family.

Next to the MySpace photo it says "Who will separate us from the love of Christ."

The second comment left on the MySpace site says something along the lines of "Hi cousin, how are you? It's been awhile since I've heard from you."

annemc2 said:
Has anybody submitted this tip to the proper people (listed on the www.findmikenow.com site)? It's worth checking out, IMO.

I emailed them a couple days ago to let them know of the discussion on this board. Felt REALLY weird -- like I was crossing over a line.

Michael's case has been on my mind a great deal lately. Especially with the ongoing search for Purdue student Wade Steffey.

yeah..i always hate contacting people when i have a hunch or a lead....but you just gotta think...what if you're right? Then it would be soooooo worth it!

i think they usually appreciate somebody cares and in cases like Michael Negrete's they appreciate that somebody is still talking about their missing. it must be soooooooo painful to see everybody's life going forward and yours is just frozen to a moment in time with heartbreak and uncertainty. I really feel for them.

I never heard of this case till tonight - but need to know a couple things. Does anyone know of more info on the sketch of the person seen around that dorm that night? Height,weight, age? It is so hard to tell from the picture.

Thanks!!!!!

this is from the Daily Bruin website posted back in 2000:
http://www.dailybruin.ucla.edu/archives/id/2146/

...after months without a solid lead, detectives released a sketch in July of a man allegedly seen on Negrete’s floor the night he disappeared.

The man, who was reportedly wearing a gray jacket with a turquoise design, is described as white, 35 years old, 5 feet 7 inches, with a heavy build and no facial hair. Police are still looking for him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back