Still Missing CA - Michaela Garecht, 9, Hayward, 19 Nov 1988 *ARREST*

Bumping for Michaela! Hopefully 2012 brings an end to this case.

still searching for the truth
--
you're far from forgotten

ALl as many of you know this case has haunted m for years because I grew up not far from where she went Missing. I told Sharon on Facebook today I still hear Sharons voice in my head last Nov.19th telling me 2012 is the year for closure she feels. Well it looks like now there is now another lead in the case. I am at work and can't bring up the link. But do a search on the speed freak killers and you will find it.
Please pray that tis is the year for closure for Sharon and her family.

ALl as many of you know this case has haunted m for years because I grew up not far from where she went Missing. I told Sharon on Facebook today I still hear Sharons voice in my head last Nov.19th telling me 2012 is the year for closure she feels. Well it looks like now there is now another lead in the case. I am at work and can't bring up the link. But do a search on the speed freak killers and you will find it.
Please pray that tis is the year for closure for Sharon and her family.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_19868258

Here's a link.

Thanks for the update JDB. I hope this is an actual promising tip. The family needs closure.

San Joaquin County is the same area where Shermantine said he and his convicted partner-in-crime, Loren Herzog, buried a number of bodies.
Shermantine, who wrote the letter from San Quentin's death row, claims that Herzog is responsible for the crime. He notes that Herzog's family lived near Hayward and that he resembles the police sketch of Michaela's kidnapper.
http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_19868258

Hmmm...we have a death row inmate with multiple convictions implicating a now dead defendant in multiple cold cases.

I hth Shermantine is not playing with the family and LE.

I really like Garrido for this one, fwiw.

I did too. But wasn't it shown upthread here somewhere, that Garrido had very short hair in a mugshot, taken right before this crime? IIRC, that is what somebody posted here. And seeing that turned me in another direction.

Did anyone else see that here?

I did too. But wasn't it shown upthread here somewhere, that Garrido had very short hair in a mugshot, taken right before this crime? IIRC, that is what somebody posted here. And seeing that turned me in another direction.

Did anyone else see that here?

I did and I like hime also. There is an article from up in Sacamento today of a picture of Loren heroz back when she was taken with the long hair again sorry sneaking in at work. Also at the time Heroz had family still not clear of if he lived or only family did in Castro Valley which is less then 5 miles where Michaela went missing. I used to ride my back between cities.

What the heck if I get caught I get caught Here is the link
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012...-looking-at-speed-freak-killers-in-1988-case/

I live in Hayward and have always wondered about this little girl. I read Sharons blog over the years. I truly hope that this newest lead brings some type of closure to the family. I can't imagine all those years...of wondering. Never knowing.

God bless the family and I hope they are able to find Michaela.

I was watching a justice files episode on Wesley Shermantine and his friend Loren Herzog. Herzog's got long blond hair in his booking photo and it looks a lot like the composite of Michaela's kidnapper. They were active as far back as 1984. I hope Law enforcement checked his prints out. Whats scary is Herzog will be out of jail in a few years.

I had a feeling these creeps were involved awhile back. As much as I want this case to be solved, It isnt the ending I wanted!

Herzog committed suicide after he was told that Shermantine was talking about where bodies were buried.

This is heartbreaking!

I really wish we could find out what kind of car he drove when Michaela went missing in 1988 . That would almost clinch it for me. he had no reason to Mention her name in his letter to his partner in crime unless he did it.

here is a new link that Michaela's Mom posted on her Facbook page this morning from KTVU news all has is a picture of Loren Heroz back when Michaela went missing. Errie if you ask me looks more like the skectch the Garrido did for sure.

And yes sneaking in from work again :crazy:

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/hayward-police-anxious-to-speak-to-death-row/vFxdJ/
Wow! I agree- the chin and the nose are dead on! Also, they ruled out Garrido for the palm print on the scooter, and Garrido left Jaycee alive. I think Michaela's mom is holding out for false hope sadly...

Wow! I agree- the chin and the nose are dead on! Also, they ruled out Garrido for the palm print on the scooter, and Garrido left Jaycee alive. I think Michaela's mom is holding out for false hope sadly...
You know the sketch also mentions acne.One of the tell tale signs of a heavy drug user is acne. Just trying to figure out how to find out what type of car this guy drove back then.Plus family in Castro Valley at the time.

I came and searched for this thread after reading Michaela's mom's blog. Heartbreaking. I hope this new lead is fruitful.

I hope that with the newest search, Michaela's remains will be found IF Herzog is responsible. I think that it is HIGHLY possible that Herzog was responsible. The high cheek bones and the nose just resemble the perp in Michaela's case too much to not consider this possibility. Add to that his connections to the area... I feel so sorry for this family because the mom really wants to believe that she is alive. Sadly, I feel that this search may prove otherwise.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back