Still Missing CA - Michaela Garecht, 9, Hayward, 19 Nov 1988 *ARREST*

Michaela Sister posted a blog and did find that Misch had a family and children once but she can’t understand what caused him to be this way or if he was always this way. The 34th Anniversary of Michaela's Kidnapping
I just read it...
No words for all their losses,despair and heartbreaks.

I did keep my children closer,and told them about Micheala,how she was abducted and never seen again.
It so devastating and the brutality of how this perp snatched her.
So sick and twisted..

Still feel awful for them,just to think about ,what they’ll be hearing and have the endure this trail.
Wishing them much strength and support X

I made a find a grave memorial for David Misch’s last victim, Margaret Narcisa Ball. I also found her senior picture from the Castro Valley yearbook

I just read it...
No words for all their losses,despair and heartbreaks.

I did keep my children closer,and told them about Micheala,how she was abducted and never seen again.
It so devastating and the brutality of how this perp snatched her.
So sick and twisted..

Still feel awful for them,just to think about ,what they’ll be hearing and have the endure this trail.
Wishing them much strength and support X
Wow, it's scary to think that this guy had children

I have wondered the same thing, about his face....

I wonder if the witness was mistaken about the pockmarks? Or maybe it was something else, something more temporary, like Poison Oak or a severe allergic rash or something?

His face ins this^^^ picture is way too clear for him to have such bad pockmarks and acne just months earlier.
maybe he was on meth and had picked at his face around that time.

Last edited:
And no doubt it will be delayed again. You would think with this being such a high profile case the whole court process would have been wrapped up sooner!

I hope Michaela’s dad Rod and her siblings are at the hearings and give victim impact statements!
it doesnt matter the case. cali is slow.

So does this mean Misch has a chance to get out of prison later on? How does DNA and Forensic evidence not lead him to these crimes?
i feel like he wont. he has been serving 18 years to life since 1990. 18 years was in 2008 and he is still there. any of this would be brought up at any parole hearing.

I hope these trials happen so he can be convicted and put in prison for his crimes!
I hope they find Michaela’s body soon so the defense can stop saying she’s out there. I wanted that to be true for many years. I hoped along with her mother that she was still somewhere out there.

But seriously, how on earth would Michaela have been able to start a new life after her very violent abduction? I feel like she’s still somewhere nearby and that he might’ve buried her since he knew this crime would carry more penalties than anything he’s probably ever committed. I feel he doesn’t want them to see what he did to this poor child because whatever happened was god awful terrible.

I just hope Sharon and Michaela are both resting peacefully together.

Another recent article on David Misch:

So he visited his sons grave and then decided to kidnap a little girl and kill her?! What the heck?!

Another recent article on David Misch:

So he visited his sons grave and then decided to kidnap a little girl and kill her?! What the heck?!
The article tells me she’s somewhere in Hayward or close by. I hope they find her soon so the defense can’t use her being missing as a way to undermine the prosecution

I don’t know how accurate the Wikipedia article is on Misch but it says that Misch was Paroled on November 14th 1988 and eight days later police found in his car the following. wire cutters, an axe, a large penknife and a flashlight. This was three days after Michaela was abducted by him i really don’t want to imagine what he may have done to her with all those tools in his car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back