CA - Michelle Lozano, 17, & Bree'Anna Guzman, 22, Los Angeles, 2011 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Kat, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

This is the only article I see so far:

http://egpnews.com/?p=33498
    29 DEC 2011

Breanna left home to walk to nearby drugstore to purchase cough med. She left her 2 young children at home with family.

She was last seen leaving her home in the 2300 Humbolt ST in Lincoln Heights.

Height: 5'3"

Weight: 110 lbs.

Last seen wearing jeans, pink shirt, blue jacket. She has a tattoo on back of her neck and pierced lower lip.

(No picture available that I see)

2. Loading...

3. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

4. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

5. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

6. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

7. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

http://egpnews.com/?p=33709

January 12, 2012 Copyright © 2012 Eastern Group Publications, Inc.

8. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

9. Kaliste

Kaliste New Member

10. mikkismom

mikkismom Active Member

11. MamaJoJo

MamaJoJo Where did you go?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30294&highlight=lincoln+heights

Bree'Anna Guzman and Michelle Lozano have also been mentioned in the above thread about a possible serial killer in Los Angeles. This thread originated in 2005 with a torso being found. From what I can tell, that body was never identified. I wonder if the LAPD actually have an identification by now and if they have even thought to link this to Bree and Michelle's murders. Or, is the person who killed both Bree and Michelle, someone they both knew even though the girls didn't know one another? Here's a quote from the KTLA article above:

12. Kaliste

Kaliste New Member

Interesting! I've been wondering if there were possibly more victims. It's scary stuff and I hope the new reward will help draw out some info.

13. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

I think that 2005 case was this one? Pico Rivera/Lincoln Heights bagged body parts found?

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/oct/05/local/me-body5

There is no UID listing for the date of 9/11/2005 in Namus now, except for a hit and run in OC, so I think the person may have been identified?

I am wondering if there could possibly be any connection to one/both the suspected serial killers just arrested in OC. Maybe one working alone, before they got together and headed to OC, and changed the mode of 'operation' once they were working together?

14. MamaJoJo

Bessie responded on the other thread (CA CA - Lincoln Heights, Possible SK? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community) to my question about whether or not the torso has ever been identified...

15. colette

colette Active Member

There has been a murder of 2 teen females in Debs Park. Gabriela Calzada, 19, and Briana Gallegos, 17, were found off a hiking trail last week. Some wonder if their murders are connected to Michelle Lozana and Bree'Anna's murder.

http://laist.com/2015/11/06/gallegos_calzada_update.php

16. urdaddycelo

urdaddycelo New Member

NAME: Bree’ Anna Guzman
    DESCRIPTION: Female, Hispanic,
    black hair, brown eyes, 5’3”, 22 years old.

NAME: Michelle Lozano
    DESCRIPTION: Female, Hispanic,
    black hair, brown eyes, 5’5”, 17 years old.

can someone explain to me "why it took the police so long to connect them,
    when they fit a type so much so that even
    i who hasn't received much education
    see it clearly
    not to mention the holidays r when these girls were taken...
    to top it of the while in jail a couple of years ago i heard a story from someone
    in a cell next to mine about her girlfriend almost being snatched by men in a white van
    near a bus stop in Lincoln heights!!!!

17. dnyevrtng

dnyevrtng New Member

18. rosie_lee

rosie_lee New Member

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-freeway-women-dumped-20170530-story.html
    [...]
    Police Chief Charlie Beck said Tuesday that investigators were unable to match DNA from the victims’ cases to state and national DNA databases. They then went through “exhaustive protocols” to request a familial DNA search, a controversial method that looks for partial matches that indicate the relative of a suspect.

About a month ago, a familial match led detectives to a man who had previously been arrested on suspicion of domestic violence assault. He appeared to be a close relative of the suspect in the 2011 killings. After ruling out other family members, investigators eventually began surveilling the man’s son, Borjas.

When Borjas was seen spitting on the sidewalk, the opportunity for a DNA sample struck. What was collected turned out to be an exact match in Lozano’s and Guzman’s killings, police said.

Beck said he did not believe that Borjas’ name had been mentioned in the murders until the DNA hit. Although no other related cases came up in state and national databases, the police chief said he hopes that anyone aware of Borjas’ role in other crimes will come forward.

19. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

In cases where a woman is brutalized and murdered, wondering if men charged with DV should be looked at first, if no other poi are on the radar?
    speculation, imo.
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-freeway-women-dumped-20170530-story.html
    [​IMG]

20. MamaJoJo

How did THIS guy come to randomly kill two young women? I'm curious about the circumstances of their encounter. Poor, poor women. So happy to hear they caught the SOB, from his gross spit, no less. Good job, LAPD!

21. lindugh

lindugh New Member

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-body-dumping-case-20170530-story.html

Lozano’s body was found April 26, 2011, near the southbound 5 Freeway at State Street and Cesar Chavez Avenue in Boyle Heights. A homeless person called police after finding the girl’s nude body in a broken container in the brush.

Investigators determined that Lozano’s body had been wrapped in plastic bags and stuffed in the plastic container. Afterward, the container was dumped over a concrete barrier along the freeway. When it hit the ground, the container broke open and spilled Lozano’s body into the shrubs.

Guzman vanished the day after Christmas 2011. Her body was found a month later on the 2 Freeway onramp near Riverside Drive in Echo Park, according to the LAPD.

On Tuesday, the Guzman family expressed gratitude to the LAPD for its efforts. They said Borjas’ name and face were not familiar to them.

“All I wanted was to find somebody who hurt her,” said the victim’s mother, Darlene Guzman. “And we’re there. We’re there. I’m so happy. I’m overwhelmed with happiness. I mean, we’ll never get her back, but he’s arrested. He’s arrested, and he won’t hurt anybody. I won’t know why — I’ll never know why — but we’re that much closer to closure.”

In 2014, LAPD investigators said they determined the killings were related and announced two $50,000 rewards for information leading to an arrest.

On Tuesday, a law enforcement source told The Times that investigators think Borjas knew the victims. Booking records listed Borjas’ occupation as a “medical biller” and said he lived in Torrance. However, public records show that Borjas previously lived in the Lincoln Heights neighborhood.