Found Deceased CA - Naya Rivera, "Glee Actress", missing from boat with son, 4, (fnd alive), Lake Piru, 9 July 2020

Oh no! This is such sad news but I am glad they found her for her family’s sake. That must have been torture waiting. I can’t imagine how I would even be able to breathe if my daughter was missing and presumed drowned in a lake. It doesn’t take away the incredible pain they are feeling but at least they can lay her to rest and have closure. She was so very talented and beautiful and seemed like a wonderful loving mother to her adorable little boy. Thank God the child didn’t try and go back in the water to find his mommy. I don’t know very much about the history of their relationship but from what I have read and seen Ryan seems to be a great dad and love his son very much. And Naya’s family is very close and obviously will be there to love and care for him as well. It will be so hard for him to grow up with this memory. It’s just heartbreaking. I wonder if the wind caused the boat to drift and she used all her strength to catch up and get her son back onboard? If so she is a hero who sacrificed her life for her child as any mother would do. Her friends from Glee will also be devastated by another loss. My daughter loved Santana and we always watched Glee together. The video of her singing “If I Die Young” is haunting. So very sad. R.I.P. Naya Rivera and thank you for sharing your heart and talent with us. May God continue to keep little Josey in the palm of His hand and give her family comfort and strength during the days and years ahead.

I have been following this thread and commend all of you trying to help by alerting the VCSO re the video of what sure appeared to be a body with white clothing on by a rock. I will be curious to see if she was found in the water or if that could have been Naya. They said she only traveled to the North part of the lake and I’m not sure where that figure in the video was located.

Last edited:
I have a question for those that know a lot about determining cause of death after a body is found. Since it’s been 6 days will they be able to determine a cause of death still? I’m asking because I’m hoping testing can be done to help shed light on what might have happened to her to give closure to her loved ones. Like if she had hit her head and that caused her to not come back up, or if a health issue happened to her out on the lake? Would they be able to find this out do you think?
Water in her lungs is a big clue for one thing. Any mark on her head or marks of entanglement on her arms/legs, etc. JMO

I am so sorry to hear this heartbreaking news, even though it was expected. My deepest condolences to her family and loved ones, especially little Josey.
What a tragic outcome to what was just supposed to be a a lovely afternoon on the lake with Naya's son.
You just want to reach out to Naya in that haunting last video where they crossed the parking lot to the dock...don't go.
Rest in peace Naya.

Today marks 7 years that Cory Monteith passed away. I'd like to point out that Cory Monteith was on Glee. Naya was devastated when he passed away as they were good friends. Imagine if Naya is found on this day. Prayers up that today is the day they find her. Help us find her Cory. <3

RBBM

I think he did so.

JMVHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member