Found Deceased CA - Naya Rivera, "Glee Actress", missing from boat with son, 4, (fnd alive), Lake Piru, 9 July 2020

wow.

Naya Rivera hinted at Eminem song about mother sinking in lake | Daily Mail Online

Naya Rivera's last Instagram post was a tragic foreshadowing of her presumed death, as the Glee star's caption made an eerie reference to an Eminem lyric from a song about a child who watched their mother sink to the bottom of a lake.

The actress is feared dead after renting a pontoon boat on Wednesday afternoon with her four-year-old son Josey on Lake Piru, which is 60 miles from Rivera's LA home.

The little boy was was found alone on the boat and told officials that his 33-year-old mother had jumped into the water and never came back up.

On Tuesday, Rivera posted a photo of herself and Josey with the caption: 'Just the two of us'.

Fans have pointed out the haunting similarity between her caption and the lyrics to Eminem's song 97' Bonnie & Clyde, where he raps about a child watching their mother sink to the bottom of a lake, following a custody battle with her former partner.

idk about this. i dont think she would leave her child alone on a boat if she was suicidal. unless we are wondering whether someone else was there? in that case wouldnt the boat rental have seen someone else? i guess its possible she picked them up from elsehwere on a beach or water. idk. i think we are getting ahead of ourselves. we will see.

Last edited:
idk about this. i dont think she would leave her child alone on a boat if she was suicidal. unless we are wondering whether someone else was there? in that case wouldnt the boat rental have seen someone else? i guess its possible she them up from elsehwere on a beach or water. idk. i think we are getting ahead of ourselves. we will see.

JMO
Im thinking along these lines too. I am thinking someone else was nearby and may be involved somehow. Whether friend or foe or random foe that somehow met her on the water in another craft.

But if that is the case then I would think the child would have told authorities about this other person.

Its all confusing right now. I cant see how she drowned by accident on her own. That is where Im stuck. I dont see that happening unless she dove off the boat and hit her head on the side of the boat or something along those lines.

One thing I learned from other drowning cases is people can sink when they first drown in the water. It all depends on if air leaves the lungs or not. If people can remember swimming as a child, all you had to do was let air out of your lungs and you sank.

Dead drowned people can sink until their bodies begin to decompose and fill up with gasses that cause a body to resurface at some point in the future. That varies a lot depending on how cold the water is.

I'm thinking an accident. It's not difficult to get into trouble in the water, there could be a few reasons.

Yea. If its an accidental drowning I think she may have tried to dive off the boat and hit her head on either the edge of the boat or a hidden rock underwater or something along those lines.

That is one reason I always try to wear a life jacket if ever out on a boat. You never know when you may get knocked out and then cant save yourself. Even crusing along in a boat what can happen is a collision with an underwater obstacle which causes you to get ejected from the boat and hit your head on the way overboard.

Its always good to wear the life jackets even though they can be uncomfortable, hot and sweaty on a hot day, and any other number of reasons. It just is not worth risking it when out on the water. At least we can tell our kids they are much better looking life jackets than we had to wear those dorky orange ones with the white string laces years ago. :)

I also think of Will Smith when I hear "Just the two of us." I think the Daily Mail is stretching it. It's really easy to cramp up also for a number of reasons. I frequently get foot cramps in the pool, and a cramp would be enough to drown you in a lake. I try and up my potassium for distance swims for that reason and stay well hydrated.

Ironically, spicy mustard packets are what I carry in my swim cap, they take away cramps rapidly. O/T I know, but cramps are very dangerous

Interesting about the spicy mustard packets. I get cramps often lately and will have to get some of those.

People are right that cramps alone could be enough to cause someone to drown if a bad leg or arm cramp occurred where it makes you not able to swim enough to keep on top of water.

The anchor is another thing that someone just mentioned that could have caused a diving accident. What can happen when you lower an anchor is the boat will drift downwind until the anchor catches and so the rope may be underwater in a place the person on board does not realize. Then if someone dives off the boat they may hit the rope on the way into the water and not only can that cause a severe rope burn but depending on how you hit the rope, it could even snap a persons head back and cause a severe neck injury or other injury which causes someone not to be able to swim.

So many possible things like that which we dont even think about.

I think Im leaning to accidental drowning now after thinking of all the ways someone can drown by accident on their own.

EchFEPOUYAAiXBT

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86
Back