CA - Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, speeds through intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman in fiery crash, Los Angeles, 4 Aug. '22

They finally updated her docket.

Charges & have a date in October.

Count Charge Section Charge Statute Plea Disposition Disposition Date
01 187(A) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending
02 187(A) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending
03 187(A) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending
04 187(A) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending
05 187(A) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending
06 187(A) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending
07 192(C)(1) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending
08 192(C)(1) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending
09 192(C)(1) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending
10 192(C)(1) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending
11 192(C)(1) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending

Upcoming Scheduled Events

Date Time Location Dept/Room Number
August 15, 2022 08:30 AM Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center 030 BAIL REVIEW

October 26, 2022 08:30 AM Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center 030 ARRAIGNMENT AND PLEA

link: Criminal Case Summary - Online Services - LA Court

and here are the CA Penal Codes:
California Penal Code [CPC] §187(a) – Murder – Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being or fetus with malice aforethought. Penal Code Section 187 applies to murders that are premeditated or specified in the criminal statutes.

The Crime of Vehicular Manslaughter in California - PC 192(c) California Penal Code Section 192(c) PC defines the crime of vehicular manslaughter as driving a vehicle in a negligent or unlawful manner and thereby causing the death of another human being.

with malice aforethought.....

That video just makes me cry. I can't imagine the horror for the families & friends of the victims, as well as the ptsd the survivors are feeling. Even people who didn't get hit but were very nearby probably still feel shaken up over it.

Twice I was almost hit at high speed by others, just had the people miss me by a hair. Both times, I had to pull over within a mile or two because I started shaking so badly. Watching this video brings that back.

MOO.

OMG so this was intentional? Good God!

We don't know that for sure. That's what the investigation is currently looking at & what the prosecuting attorneys will have to prove.

But from what we've seen so far, the bail, the charges, it seems like it may be intentional. My Opinion Only. The family has made reference to severe mental illness so I am not sure how that will factor into her defense. There could be other factors too. I think it will depend on her plea; if it goes to a jury trial, there will likely be more info introduced.

MOO.

So she has been diagnosed with some type of “profound” mental illness?

What are the classifications to determine mild, moderate, severe to profound?

Profound to me indicates a high level of care is required for an individual.

JMO

In most videos, they sort of drift off the right side of the road and they usually seem to manage to get their foot off the accelerator. I don't personally think that's what happened here (I think it was a suicide attempt) but we should reserve the benefit of the doubt until there's more evidence.
I have wondered if that were the case. Just speculation. Seizure disorder also ran through my mind, that was not under control with meds. There are people who have sleep disorders and don't realize they have them. It appears the road was pretty straight and sloped a bit. It's possible her car could go straight if it was kept in alignment. Just some thoughts.

Regardless of medication or lack of, mental health, etc. let's see if there will be true remorse and taking responsibility for one's actions. It's rare in these kinds of court cases, but when it actually happens, it says a lot about a person. And when it doesn't, well...
The decision this woman made that day couldn't have turned out any worse or less nightmarish. Will she face it? Will her family? IMO.

In most videos, they sort of drift off the right side of the road and they usually seem to manage to get their foot off the accelerator. I don't personally think that's what happened here (I think it was a suicide attempt) but we should reserve the benefit of the doubt until there's more evidence.
I have wondered if that were the case. Just speculation. Seizure disorder also ran through my mind, that was not under control with meds. There are people who have sleep disorders and don't realize they have them. It appears the road was pretty straight and sloped a bit. It's possible her car could go straight if it was kept in alignment. Just some thoughts.

She seems to move around a lot for work. Maybe the accidents are in other locations?
In TX she had a multistate/compact license, it appears. CA and HI are not compact states so any accidents may, or may not have, shown up everywhere? I was just curious about the multistate, because IANA Traveling Nurse, or a Nurse.

First and foremost, working as a nurse in a compact state allows your nursing license to be accepted in any of the 34 compact-implemented states. This removes most the of complexities that must be dealt with when working in one state versus another (particularly regarding requirements for nurse licensure).

The Complete Guide to Compact States 2021

15-second mark, you will have to stop it & move it frame by frame.

View attachment 358842
Could be a satellite/gps roof antennae. Back it up a bit and it's in the same position. If it's not, then I'm going with the O/P, upthread, that it's a possible suicide attempt.

Here is another view, of what I believe is an antenna, at @2:27.

Last edited:
[…]

The company which farmed out an ICU nurse with her own 'profound' mental health problems is refusing to comment on how she was vetted for the job, as she is charged with murdering six people in a horror car crash last week.

[…]

Linton was working at Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles Medical Center, but she'd been sent there by AMN Healthcare, a travel nursing company that farms out skilled contractors to where they are most needed.

[…]

'Mentally ill' nurse charged with murder worked in 5 states in 2 years

'Mentally ill' nurse charged with murder worked in 5 states in 2 years
to be fair, thats what traveling nurses do. they move around a lot and get paid more to do so. however i agree why was she not backgrounded.......

from the link - "t immediately split the other family's vehicle in half. Alonzo was sent flying through the air in his car seat. "

i know DM is dramatico but how horrifying to see :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back