CA - Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, speeds through intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman in fiery crash, Los Angeles, 4 Aug. '22

Woman Who Killed Six in LA Crash Has Nursing License Suspended (eurweb.com)
“This is a case that will always be remembered for the senseless loss of so many innocent lives as they simply went about their daily routines. I want to thank our prosecutors and the investigating officers at the California Highway Patrol for their work on this case,” Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón previously said.

“While the wreckage of this fiery crash at this intersection was removed and traffic eventually resumed, there is catastrophic damage to the families and friends of those killed and injured,” Gascón added.

“It is not only a tremendous loss to the families but our entire community who learned of this incredible tragedy or have watched the now-viral video of the collision. I’m sure this is a time of great sorrow and grieving for the families and friends of those who will be forever affected by what has transpired.”

Linton’s next court date is set for Aug. 31.

Nurse accused in deadly Windsor Hills crash suspended from practicing nursing (foxla.com)
According to the state board, Linton received her California nursing license on March 11, 2022 via the endorsement process.

The California Board of Registered Nursing released the following statement to FOX 11, "At that time, Ms. Linton did not have a criminal history or a record of discipline that would have precluded her from obtaining licensure; and, the BRN did not have any information calling her mental state into question. At this time, upon the request of counsel representing the BRN, Ms. Linton has been suspended from practicing nursing until the resolution of her criminal proceeding, or unless and until the court orders otherwise."

While Linton doesn't have a criminal record investigators claim she has a history of crashes and mental health trouble. Prosecutors allege Linton, who is from Texas, was involved in 13 crashes outside of California. One of the crashes allegedly took place as recently as 2020, where it ended with people getting hurt, prosecutors said.

Linton went through a defensive driving course after the 2020 crash, prosecutors told a judge.

According to a motion filed by the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office Monday, Linton has a history of mental health issues dating back to at least 2018. The motion says that Linton's defense team has provided the DA's office with information on multiple incidents, "which appear to be increasing in severity, ranging from the defendant jumping on police cars to jumping out of apartment windows," in addition to multiple involuntary commitments to mental health facilities. Linton also allegedly "has hurt herself more than once."

Nicole Linton had mental health issues before deadly LA car crash (revolt.tv)
Prosecutors asked that Linton be held without bail during the pretrial. It was previously expressed that because the driver is a travel nurse from Houston, she may be a flight risk. Sources say Linton’s mother lives in Jamaica.

Nicole Linton: How Sources Speculate Olympian Germaine Mason's Death Caused Her Downfall (yahoo.com)

If Linton and Mason were seriously involved, there’s little evidence to suggest as much. The Daily Mail has screenshots of Linton’s social media accounts, which feature a man rumored to be Mason. His face, however, is obscured, and the only proof that Linton was involved with Mason is her own words.

What’s more, Linton isn’t featured anywhere on Mason’s Instagram account.

There is, however, plenty of evidence that Mason was publicly, and seriously, involved with Shari-Dee Barker, as can be seen in this picture.

The Jamaican-born Olympian won the silver medal for Great Britain in the 2008 Olympics in the high jump event.

He was killed in a motorcycle crash in 2017, according to The Guardian. He was only 34 years old.

Friends say that Mason’s death led to Linton’s downward spiral. They recall that she was “never the same” after his death, and speculated that she might have been trying to kill herself the same way he died.

Wednesday, August 31st:
*Bond Review Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - 6 killed (Victims: Asherey Ryan (23), her son Alonzo Luchiano Quintero (11 mos.), her unborn baby boy Armani Lester & her boyfriend Reynold Lester (24), Nathesia Lewis (42) & Lynette Noble (38) & 8 injured (the other victims had minor injuries & included a 33-year-old woman & another adult (19 years old) plus six children ranging in age from 1 to 15 years old) as woman speeds (~90mph in a 35mph zone) thru intersection at the La Brea-Slauson in West Los Angeles in a fiery 7-car crash, August 4, 2022, Windsor Hills, Los Angeles) - Nicole Lorraine Linton (37) arrested (8/4/22), charged (8/8/22) with vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence. Re-charged (8/8/22) with 6 counts of murder & 5 counts of gross vehicular manslaughter. $2M bond. Bond changed (8/7/22) to $9M. Judge changed (8/8/22) to no bond. Her car appears to be a 2018 Mercedes-Benz E400 4Matic Coupe per fostercrusader.
Case info from 8/7/22 to 8/8/22 reference post #455 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-woman-in-fiery-crash-4-aug-22.632184/page-23
8/9/22 Update: Over the weekend, City News Service incorrectly identified a person in the Windsor Hills crash. Information was included in a CNS story on Sunday morning that Craig Pitchford was a victim in the multi-fatality car crash in Windsor Hills. That information was removed from the CNS story early Sunday afternoon and was not in any subsequent CNS stories on Sunday or Monday. New arraignment & plea hearing on 10/26/22 @ 8:30am. Bond review hearing on 8/15/22.

8/15/22 Update: The defense indicates [Linton] has been subject to involuntary commitments on several occasions & has hurt herself more than once.” “Linton has hurt herself more than once”. “Jumping on Police cars to jumping out of apartment windows”. And “Appear to be increasing in severity” per her defense attorney Halim Dhanidina told the court. Linton did not appear in court for her hearing on Monday, but Judge Victoria B. Wilson ordered that she appear in person for the next bail review hearing. The judge continued that hearing until 8/31/22.
8/18/22: Court Order: Linton is prohibited from engaging in any activity for which a nursing license is required. Per report Linton is prohibited to engage in any activity requiring a nursing license until there is a final disposition of her court case. It doesn't say anything about mental illness. It's because she has pending criminal proceedings. It's also not her employer making this decision, it' the CA board of registered nursing making the decision & it seems like Nicole & her counsel also agreed since they signed the stipulation as well.

Nurse in LA horror crash claims she had a 'mental collapse' at the wheel of her speeding Mercedes and Facetimed her sister completely naked just hours before killing six in 90mph smash​

Wednesday, August 31st:
*Bond Review Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - 6 killed (Victims: Asherey Ryan (23), her son Alonzo Luchiano Quintero (11 mos.), her unborn baby boy Armani Lester & her boyfriend Reynold Lester (24), Nathesia Lewis (42) & Lynette Noble (38) & 8 injured (the other victims had minor injuries & included a 33-year-old woman & another adult (19 years old) plus six children ranging in age from 1 to 15 years old) as woman speeds (~90mph in a 35mph zone) thru intersection at the La Brea-Slauson in West Los Angeles in a fiery 7-car crash, August 4, 2022, Windsor Hills, Los Angeles) - Nicole Lorraine Linton (37) arrested (8/4/22), charged (8/8/22) with vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence. Re-charged (8/8/22) with 6 counts of murder & 5 counts of gross vehicular manslaughter. $2M bond. Bond changed (8/7/22) to $9M. Judge changed (8/8/22) to no bond. Her car appears to be a 2018 Mercedes-Benz E400 4Matic Coupe per fostercrusader.
Case info from 8/7/22 to 8/8/22 reference post #455 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-woman-in-fiery-crash-4-aug-22.632184/page-23
8/9/22 Update: Over the weekend, City News Service incorrectly identified a person in the Windsor Hills crash. Information was included in a CNS story on Sunday morning that Craig Pitchford was a victim in the multi-fatality car crash in Windsor Hills. That information was removed from the CNS story early Sunday afternoon and was not in any subsequent CNS stories on Sunday or Monday. New arraignment & plea hearing on 10/26/22 @ 8:30am. Bond review hearing on 8/15/22.

8/15/22 Update: The defense indicates [Linton] has been subject to involuntary commitments on several occasions & has hurt herself more than once.” “Linton has hurt herself more than once”. “Jumping on Police cars to jumping out of apartment windows”. And “Appear to be increasing in severity” per her defense attorney Halim Dhanidina told the court. Linton did not appear in court for her hearing on Monday, but Judge Victoria B. Wilson ordered that she appear in person for the next bail review hearing. The judge continued that hearing until 8/31/22.
8/18/22: Court Order: Linton is prohibited from engaging in any activity for which a nursing license is required. Per report Linton is prohibited to engage in any activity requiring a nursing license until there is a final disposition of her court case. It doesn't say anything about mental illness. It's because she has pending criminal proceedings. It's also not her employer making this decision, it' the CA board of registered nursing making the decision & it seems like Nicole & her counsel also agreed since they signed the stipulation as well.
Thanks for the reminder

Nurse in LA horror crash claims she had a 'mental collapse' at the wheel of her speeding Mercedes and Facetimed her sister completely naked just hours before killing six in 90mph smash​

Reading that article, my mind is BLOWN. I cannot believe she was working for the past 4 years as a nurse while all of this was going on with her mental health. The fact that she was working in the ICU on the same day that she FaceTimed her sister naked and caused this crash….WOW. Very scary.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, as I see that the comments are saying her mental health is nothing but “excuses” but….to me it sounds like classic, textbook bipolar disorder. It’s absolutely awful that 6 people passed away, but I do not know that they’re trying to “play up” her mental illness. It sounds pretty legit. I do not think she should roam free again or be released on bail as they suggest, but I definitely think she needs psychiatric help instead of just sitting in jail.

Just my possibly controversial opinion :)

Sad, because obviously, the woman is mentally ill. IMHO, “insanity defense” might work if the person is ill, but unaware of it. However, as long as NL was aware of her bipolar diagnosis, it was her responsibility to take medications. The online therapist, seeing a treated patient, could have come to the conclusion that NL had “only” anxiety, although the whole conversation raises questions. If the therapist advised NL to stop medications, it, too, needs to be evaluated, as one mentally ill nurse caused six fatalities. However, NL had a psychiatrist prescribing her medications, she should have checked with them, and we all understand what she’d have heard. Usually one would point at lack of education about mental illness, or, fear of stigma; the above do not apply here, as NL was a skilled nurse, able to work in the ICU, so it fell on her to act accordingly. Still, the catastrophe remains her responsibility, given known to her diagnosis, and involuntary admissions. If she was able to work as a nurse, she was able to understand the implications of own illness.

Last edited:
Reading that article, my mind is BLOWN. I cannot believe she was working for the past 4 years as a nurse while all of this was going on with her mental health. The fact that she was working in the ICU on the same day that she FaceTimed her sister naked and caused this crash….WOW. Very scary.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, as I see that the comments are saying her mental health is nothing but “excuses” but….to me it sounds like classic, textbook bipolar disorder. It’s absolutely awful that 6 people passed away, but I do not know that they’re trying to “play up” her mental illness. It sounds pretty legit. I do not think she should roam free again or be released on bail as they suggest, but I definitely think she needs psychiatric help instead of just sitting in jail.

I agree. I am split here, too. What really concerns is that she obviously could work in the ICU, but could not drive on the street. The reports from her hospital would be indicative of whether she was in a mental health crisis, or not. I can understand, bipolar, manic, not remembering how she ended on the street next to a burning car, but at the same time, not confusing the doses she should give a patient? This is unfathomable.

Here's the full LA Times article. I'm still wondering if the guy who died in the motorcycle crash was an imaginary lover.

Also, I know very little about psych diagnoses. Is this bipolar or schizophrenia?

I agree with you. one good thing that can come of this is that the public can learn more about mental health illnesses and how the system works (or fails).

Here's the full LA Times article. I'm still wondering if the guy who died in the motorcycle crash was an imaginary lover.

Also, I know very little about psych diagnoses. Is this bipolar or schizophrenia?

My two cents, it was bipolar I, i.e., manic-depressive illness. Probably, manic episode. To add: this condition is different from bipolar II, which is much more common, and where mania doesn't occur. (Also, we had another case discussed here, that of Sheridan Wahl, who tragically died, it would seem, from a similar condition. If you go to her thread, the last article describes her symptoms rather well). Mania - Wikipedia

I would say bipolar.

Unrelated to your question — from the article:
“One of Linton's other five siblings, Kimberly, said her sister became a traveling nurse during the pandemic and wanted to start medical school next year to become a doctor.”

This makes zero sense. NL was what, 34? If she already had a bachelors degree and a nursing license, it would make way more sense to become a nurse practitioner. Why would she even entertain the idea of going through a minimum of four years of medical school (assuming she already had all the required pre-reqs, which she likely didn’t, since her original degree was in marketing and the requirements for nursing school are very different than they are for med school), years of residency, etc, she’d be over 40 by the time she finished and would have massive amounts of debt, being unable to work during those 4 years of med school plus the insane cost of med school as it is. Did she start the application process? Take the MCAT? If not, add an additional year for that.

That statement alone from her sister shows me that NL wasn’t rational, IMHO.

I agree with you. one good thing that can come of this is that the public can learn more about mental health illnesses and how the system works (or fails).

One thing that comes to mind, medical privacy laws that are geared to protect the patient and usually work very well, might grossly misfire. NL might be one example, but a much more striking one is Andreas Lubicz, the co-pilot of ill-famed flight Germanwings 9525, that Andreas crashed in the alps. Andreas' psychiatrist was giving him letters to his employer times and again, but the same privacy laws precluded him to address the employer directly about a suicidal pilot. So it seems, there exists a worldwide problem in some areas, not one system failing; luckily, it misfires infrequently.

Whatever diagnosis she had... did any psych professionals ever note she could be a danger to others - particularly or especially since she was a working RN? While it doesn't appear she had any documented problems at the medical facilities where she was employed... I wonder if they are now going back through records to double check for any possible happenings that were previously missed??

How was Dr. William Winter able to diagnose NL with BPD in such a short period of time? Was it the fact she didn't recall the events that led to the accident? That is called retrograde amnesia, imo, and it doesn't mean she suffered a "lapse of consciousness".

Quoting NL's sister, Kimberly: “Nicole is about saving lives and she always has both empathy and sympathy for any life that’s loss and the family no matter how many time one can see that sort of thing in that field,”. A very different Nicole Linton than the one we saw in court, who cried when denied bail but didn't shed a tear for the 6 innocent lives she took. NL remained emotionless, listening to the prosecutor.

I'm not a doctor but, during those 16 minutes in court and reading all these articles, I believe NL also has the traits of a sociopath. MOO based on personal experience with sociopaths.

I don't want to offend anyone but, I have zero sympathy for Nicole Linton. MOO JMO

Oh Boy. If this is true, that online therapist was sooo wrong to say that… to say the least.

How was Dr. William Winter able to diagnose NL with BPD in such a short period of time? Was it the fact she didn't recall the events that led to the accident? That is called retrograde amnesia, imo, and it doesn't mean she suffered a "lapse of consciousness".

Quoting NL's sister, Kimberly: “Nicole is about saving lives and she always has both empathy and sympathy for any life that’s loss and the family no matter how many time one can see that sort of thing in that field,”. A very different Nicole Linton than the one we saw in court, who cried when denied bail but didn't shed a tear for the 6 innocent lives she took. NL remained emotionless, listening to the prosecutor.

I'm not a doctor but, during those 16 minutes in court and reading all these articles, I believe NL also has the traits of a sociopath. MOO based on personal experience with sociopaths.

I don't want to offend anyone but, I have zero sympathy for Nicole Linton. MOO JMO
I understand. Not taking needed medications is her responsibility and her responsibility alone.

Oh Boy. If this is true, that online therapist was sooo wrong to say that… to say the least.

To me it sounds more like a NL blaming others for her decisions... "I stopped my medication because the online therapist said I merely suffer from anxiety". The same way she blamed her deceased grandmother for possessing her, or her co-workers for acting weird, or her family for stealing from her. NL is a "blamer", imo.
It wouldn't surprise me if she sues Mercedes Benz next for their high-speed cars... or the Los Angeles Department of Transportation for malfunctioning traffic signal lights.

MOO JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back