Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
how are people proposing this hidden room came about? are your proposing the house came with a hidden room or are you thinking they built one themselves?

the real estate listing description posted a page back says that this house used to be a medical marijuana grow house abs has been newly remodeled.
Possible hidden room was from former life of a grow house?

edit- I see someone above just said same thing I just did .

how are people proposing this hidden room came about? are your proposing the house came with a hidden room or are you thinking they built one themselves?

the real estate listing description posted a page back says that this house used to be a medical marijuana grow house abs has been newly remodeled.

This video has a picture of the little room in the garage and it's not hidden. The home was said to be a grow house a few years ago, so the room may have been used for that purpose.
Sorry I used the wrong link, here is the picture. It was in the link AmandaRW posted.
10717 Aspen Avenue, California City, CA 93505 for Sale MLS# 18011282

18011282-22.jpg

This is exactly where my mind went and has been.
Thank you. I feel like I’m doing nothing but throwing everything against the wall and seeing what sticks - including the kitchen sink and my iPad. The chief said the holes were already there with the dirt piled up. It makes me think the drones want to see if at anytime there was large vegetation growing at one time. I’m frustrated...

BBM

In what's strictly my opinion and speculation I'd say no, that fence looks way too tall for 3ft toddlers to show, specially from the angle of the neighbour's camera we've seen.
Yes, you can barely see the tops of the heads of the kids in the surveillance footage. That's why I wasn't convinced that the younger kids weren't there on the 19th.

Around 1:56 you can kind of see the backyard too in the realtor's walk through video | 10717 Aspen Ave, Calif City, CA 93505 - 3 beds/2 baths

from the video and picture provided above,
At the :29 mark it begins to show the back room off the kitchen/dining. Is that a fake fireplace OR was it once in use? The exterior of the house doesn’t show a chimney, instead some sort of exhaust type vent possibly.
The brick appears to match the brick on the living room fireplace so I’m curious how long this has been there and if it still is.

edit- I see someone above just said same thing I just did .
Yeah, I'm sure the house was thoroughly inspected before it was sold again in 2019. It's possible that there was a hidden room but the house was renovated since then. I don't know why they would have needed a secret room if the previous owners had a permit.

Thank you. I feel like I’m doing nothing but throwing everything against the wall and seeing what sticks - including the kitchen sink and my iPad. The chief said the holes were already there with the dirt piled up. It makes me think the drones want to see if at anytime there was large vegetation growing at one time. I’m frustrated...
I wonder if the previous growers grew plants inside or outside. I really don't know how it works. I always thought people grew crops on farms.

Anyway, I don't think it has anything to do with what LE was doing there. I think they were continuing to gather evidence and the measurements are for analysis.

Sillybilly has given approval to post this YouTube video. Interview with Bayan Wang and retired NYC Homicide Detectives

Amateur opinion and speculation
Bayan just reported that the boys were seen in Bakersfield by someone other than family or extended family on either side. So...finally we have media reporting that the boys do actually exist.

Thank you so much @rosesfromangels

Bayan just reported that the boys were seen in Bakersfield by someone other than family or extended family on either side. So...finally we have media reporting that the boys do actually exist.
Yes. Encourage everyone to watch the video I posted....great stuff in there.

I wonder if the previous growers grew plants inside or outside. I really don't know how it works. I always thought people grew crops on farms.

Anyway, I don't think it has anything to do with what LE was doing there. I think they were continuing to gather evidence and the measurements are for analysis.
Hydroponics. Lots of marijuana growers do it that way.

Thank you so much @rosesfromangels
Yes, the chief said that yesterday during the interview but he wouldn't say when because he doesn't want people speculating.

If the grandmother said she last saw them at Thanksgiving, or whenever, there would probably be all kinds of rumors and speculation.

What we don't know is if the boys were ever seen by anyone else in the new home. If they were living there, the boy's DNA should be in the house.

Yes, the chief said that yesterday during the interview but he wouldn't say when because he doesn't want people speculating.

If the grandmother said she last saw them at Thanksgiving, or whenever, there would probably be all kinds of rumors and speculation.

What we don't know is if the boys were ever seen by anyone else in the new home. If they were living there, the boy's DNA should be in the house.
In the video Bayan addresses this question. Paraphrasing, he says neighbors state they didn't have enough time to know the family (visually or otherwise I surmise), and distinguish one child from another.

I am extremely curious, extremely, to know if the children (all six) were similar in height and weight. A certain "type" if you will...

Maybe to some extent, but I think a 10 years old similar in stature to 4 years old would be quite alarming for all social services involved with fostering and adoption.

I am extremely curious, extremely, to know if the children (all six) were similar in height and weight. A certain "type" if you will....

I’ve been curious about this too and what the other children’s ages are.

The Chief mentioned in his interview with Bayan the other day, that the children age range is 10 (oldest) to 3 (youngest), so I guess we can assume a 10 and 3 year old would have a pretty good difference in height and weight.

I really wish we had confirmed info of the ages of the children in between the 10-3 range, especially of the two closest in age to Orrin and Orson.

IMHO

ETA: words, punctuation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads