Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #6 *both parents arrested/charged*

Status
Not open for further replies.
what broadcast channel will it be on thanks
PommyMommy posted this:

AUG 13, 2021
Missing California City boys to be featured on Investigation Discovery show | KGET 17
The case of missing California City children Orson and Orrin West will be featured on the season three premiere of “In Pursuit With John Walsh” on Investigation Discovery.

[...]

Investigation Discovery show to air segment about missing California City boys | News | bakersfield.com
[...]

The segment will air Wednesday. Viewers with information about the missing children can call or text 1-833-3-PURSUE or submit information at InPursuitTips.com

I believe after adoption, income subsidies stop. The child is legally yours to provide for. As a low income household, you may qualify for SNAP, subsidized housing or Medicaid. But now that this couple effectively has zero children, they shouldn’t be receiving anything. They’d have to be verified disabled, or unemployed, to qualified for assistance now.

IRS Publication 17

Foster Care boarding home and adoption subsidy maintenance payments are not considered as family income for income tax purposes, but either may be considered as income for other purposes such as determining eligibility for subsidized housing. May 17, 2019

A lot of states have implemented that the subsidies continue. The intent was to make adoption more accessible for people who may not have higher incomes. It was also supposed to increase minority adoptions, with parents who are POC.

Thoughts on this being 20 minutes away from the west home? Gave me chills thinking that would be a place for a family day trip and picnic or a nearby isolated area for a more grim type of trip.

. Speculation Only. MOO

Sheriff’s detectives, search and rescue teams called for search for possible human remains at Kern River | KGET 17

Wouldn’t it be something if this could be the boys? While I would much prefer they are somewhere safe and loved, we all want them found and those responsible held accountable... Moo

I saw it but if I had blinked it I would have missed it. It was literally 30 seconds long. Just showed a picture of the boys--looked like from their Missing Poster. And read a sentence or two from the poster saying they went missing from their adoptive home one afternoon and have not been seen since. The End...

So strange and sad to see a case fade.. these two beautiful little humans so deserve justice for their lives stolen from them, and far too early at that.
I can’t believe there are no answers, no pleas from their parents, and no arrests :(

I believe after adoption, income subsidies stop. The child is legally yours to provide for. As a low income household, you may qualify for SNAP, subsidized housing or Medicaid. But now that this couple effectively has zero children, they shouldn’t be receiving anything. They’d have to be verified disabled, or unemployed, to qualified for assistance now.

IRS Publication 17

Foster Care boarding home and adoption subsidy maintenance payments are not considered as family income for income tax purposes, but either may be considered as income for other purposes such as determining eligibility for subsidized housing. May 17, 2019

I hope I can be of some assistance. My experience is from Mississippi. If you adopt out of the foster system there are adoption assistance programs. One being sibling adoption. Another is for 2 or more existing disorders. IMO. The adoptive parents were probably getting adoption assistance, albeit not a large financial amount.

I hope I can be of some assistance. My experience is from Mississippi. If you adopt out of the foster system there are adoption assistance programs. One being sibling adoption. Another is for 2 or more existing disorders. IMO. The adoptive parents were probably getting adoption assistance, albeit not a large financial amount.
in california the amounts will be higher.

Thank you for chiming in, always valuable to have experienced posters.

But we have already established many threads ago that the Adoption Assistance (not subsidy) income for the West family was not a small amount of money.

Every time I see this case alert I hope it’s finally a break. Those cute little boys. I wish I could snuggle them right now. We could catch fireflies and blow bubbles and go to the zoo. My kids would love having baby brothers or cousins. Moo

Every time I see this case alert I hope it’s finally a break. Those cute little boys. I wish I could snuggle them right now. We could catch fireflies and blow bubbles and go to the zoo. My kids would love having baby brothers or cousins. Moo
Me too, initially @mickey2942 post startled me. I thought it was JW the article was talking about.

I listened to DutyRon today. He mentioned the boys, then said BPD has asked for help from Dave Rader in the Bakersfield Three case. Guess DR and Dave will be heading out here to help. Maybe BPD will change their mind about help for Orrin and Orson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod