CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE - NO DISCUSSION

JAN 11, 2021
Family of missing boys adds to reward totaling $80,000 | KMPH
[...]

Two uncles and grandparents are now contributing their own money to the reward.

[...]

Orson is described as 3 '0", 30-40 pounds, and was last seen wearing a black sweatshirt and gray sweatpants.

Orrin is described as 3' 0", 30-40 pounds, and was last seen wearing a black sweatshirt and gray sweatpants.

fdd97cad-358c-4886-83d2-0fb2053ac9f4-medium16x9_orsonandorrin.jpg

JAN 11, 2021
Family of missing boys adds to reward totaling $80,000 | KMPH
[...]

Two uncles and grandparents are now contributing their own money to the reward.

[...]

Orson is described as 3 '0", 30-40 pounds, and was last seen wearing a black sweatshirt and gray sweatpants.

Orrin is described as 3' 0", 30-40 pounds, and was last seen wearing a black sweatshirt and gray sweatpants.

fdd97cad-358c-4886-83d2-0fb2053ac9f4-medium16x9_orsonandorrin.jpg
Has anyone checked out this location on East Branch Canal? I think it might be a junk yard? upload_2021-1-12_17-59-24.png

JAN 12, 2021
Reward for missing West boys grows to $80,000 | News | desertnews.com
[...]

"It has been another grueling week with no major leads or breaks. We, the extended family, are offering a $30,000 Reward for information that will lead to the return of the boys," the West family posted in a statement on Medium.com on Monday. "This reward is in addition to the previously announced rewards which all combined totals $80,000 for anyone who has information that will lead us to the boys."

[...]

The West family stated the offer was not a campaign or attempt to raise money.

"We ask that you do not give to individuals who have already attempted to profit off of this horrendous situation involving six innocent children," the statement reads. "Again, we are not asking for money — we only want the boys found. If you want to give please contact officials in California City, California and Bakersfield, California who are leading aspects of the investigation — they may have needs that can be supported financially by the general public. This reward is being funded directly by our family."

[...]

JAN 12, 2021
Private investigator searches for missing boys in Tehachapi after tip | KBAK (bakersfieldnow.com)
[...]

Garcia says he met a woman in California City who said her mother saw the boys at the Albertson's parking lot in Tehachapi on December 23.

"She said that once she saw the news report about the missing boys, that she was sure that, that was the boys, with these two adults, which were both male," Garcia, Owner of Bill Garcia Investigative Services, said.

He says the woman claims one of the men was African-American and the second one could have been, he says they were in their 20s to 30s and dressed normally.

"She claimed that she saw them walking for the Albertson's through the parking lot and each person had a hold of one of the boys' hands, but there wasn't any deliberate attempt to move away from them or anything like that, it seemed normal," Garcia, said.

[...]

Garcia tells Eyewitness News he thinks the best place to look for Orrin and Orson West is in rural isolated parts of Tehachapi, like Sand Canyon and surrounding areas.

[...]

Perla Shaheen on Twitter
Replying to xxxxxxxxxxx @bayanwang and 2 others
The chief said none of the neighbors had ever seen the boys. I know Ive talked to him everyday, but there isnt much going on with the case.
9:05 PM · Jan 12, 2021

Last edited:
JAN 13, 2021
Private investigator involved in the search for missing Cal City boys, points to Tehachapi (turnto23.com)
[...]

Garcia is now planning a search in certain areas of Tehachapi on Saturday.

[...]

"I don't know where he's getting his information," California City Police Chief Jon Walker said. "We have several agencies involved. We haven't heard anything about that."

Walker also confirmed that the Tehachapi police have not received such reports.

Garcia also attempted to make contact with the adoptive parents of the missing boys.

"I have reached out to Trezell [adoptive father]," Garcia said.

[...]

Meantime, authorities searched Silver Saddle Ranch for the boys Wednesday.

[...]

Large Police Presence
There is a large police presence at a vacant lot on the SE corner of Jewetta and Hageman. No details at this time. This is a developing story.

Last edited:
JAN 13, 2021
Cal City Police Chief provides updates about missing boys case
California City Police Chief Jon Walker confirms more than 50 personnel from various agencies searched Silver Saddle Ranch Wednesday.

Walker also talks about the boys' adoptive parents, physical and circumstantial evidence, surveillance footage, and the tip that alleges the boys were seen in Tehachapi.

JAN 13, 2021
Cal City Police Chief talks about private investigator involved in missing boys case

Cal City business, church each offering $10K for info that brings missing boys home; total rewards n

Private investigator searches for missing boys in Tehachapi after tip

Last edited:
JAN 13, 2021
Bayan Wang 23ABC
  • There is now a total of $100,000 being offered.
  • R and K Smith are offering $10,000 on behalf of Valley Baptist Church for "information that results in bringing these dear little boys home."
  • West Coast Realty is also offering $10,000 under the same terms.

JAN 14, 2021
$100,000 reward offered in case of missing Kern County brothers (foxla.com)
[...]

The mountain community of Tehachapi is located about 30 miles west of California City.

A detailed description of the potential suspects was not available.

After the tip, investigators focused their search efforts on the Tehachapi area. However, the Orson brothers remain missing.

Garcia also told FOX58 that the witness has not returned his calls.

[...]

JAN 13, 2021
Bayan Wang 23ABC
The private investigator is removing himself from the case. "I feel like I haven't been accepted as a professional in this particular case," Bill Garcia said. This comes after Police Chief Jon Walker thanked Garcia for his efforts, but also asked that he tread carefully to not impede the investigation.

Private investigator stepping down from California City missing boys case (turnto23.com)
[...]

"I have run into this type of situation in the past," Garcia said. "It doesn't get better and it only spirals out of control. I recognize what is starting to happen with law enforcement. It's not productive for me to continue under these types of declining circumstances."

According to Garcia, the search he was coordinating for the boys in Tehachapi on Saturday, is now called off.

[...]

JAN 14, 2021
Reward for missing boys increases to $100K | News | desertnews.com

600085c89ef42.image.jpg

Kern County Sheriff's Office vehicles stage in front of Silver Saddle Ranch on Aristotle Drive Wednesday morning, Jan. 13, while 50 officers and deputies search the grounds for Orson and Orrin West, two toddlers reported missing in California City on Dec. 21. According to Cal City Police, no signs were found.

[...]

In Jan. 13 interview with Bakersfield news station 23ABC, CCPD Chief Jon Walker said 50 personnel from multiple agencies searched Silver Saddle Ranch based on a tip from a resident. The compliment included California City police officers and KCSO's search and rescue team, who furnished a small boat.

"We're still looking and following up on tips, clues, anything that they can come up with," Walker said in that interview. He added he did not want to think of the search as a body recovery "because we don't have any information to prove that."

"Just because we can't find them doesn't mean their not alive," Walker said. "We really hope they are alive and they are safe."

[...]

"Bill Garcia Investigative services has been providing pro bono investigations for missing and abducted children for twenty eight years and have never been accused of fabricating witness sightings or been threatened by law enforcement," Garcia's statement reads. "In any event, I am concluding our efforts and pray that officials will followup properly. Good karma to all."

10717 Aspen Ave, California City, to Silver Saddle 20751 Aristotle Dr - Google Maps

JAN 14, 2021

600085c89ef42.image.jpg

Kern County Sheriff's Office vehicles stage in front of Silver Saddle Ranch on Aristotle Drive Wednesday morning, Jan. 13, while 50 officers and deputies search the grounds for Orson and Orrin West, two toddlers reported missing in California City on Dec. 21. According to Cal City Police, no signs were found.

[...]

In Jan. 13 interview with Bakersfield news station 23ABC, CCPD Chief Jon Walker said 50 personnel from multiple agencies searched Silver Saddle Ranch based on a tip from a resident. The compliment included California City police officers and KCSO's search and rescue team, who furnished a small boat.

"We're still looking and following up on tips, clues, anything that they can come up with," Walker said in that interview. He added he did not want to think of the search as a body recovery "because we don't have any information to prove that."

"Just because we can't find them doesn't mean their not alive," Walker said. "We really hope they are alive and they are safe."

[...]

"Bill Garcia Investigative services has been providing pro bono investigations for missing and abducted children for twenty eight years and have never been accused of fabricating witness sightings or been threatened by law enforcement," Garcia's statement reads. "In any event, I am concluding our efforts and pray that officials will followup properly. Good karma to all."

10717 Aspen Ave, California City, to Silver Saddle 20751 Aristotle Dr - Google Maps
JAN 14, 2021

600085c89ef42.image.jpg

[...]

[...]

JAN 14, 2021

600085c89ef42.image.jpg

[...]

[...]

These two precious baby boys :( I feel they are no longer here with us! I pray that maybe perhaps I am wrong! In my opinion, too much time wasted here with this case!

JAN 16, 2021
Private investigator and Kern County Sheriff's Deputies look in Tehachapi for missing boys | KBAK (bakersfieldnow.com)
[...]

Bill Garcia ... says a Tehachapi resident called him and told him he saw was heading west bound on highway 58 on December 23rd and saw two small black boys with an adult. He thought it was odd for children to be on the Pacific Crest Trail in December and not dressed warm.

"He was driving westbound on 58 coming home from work and he saw an adult Afro American male, somewhat thin, somewhat tall and with two small children, hiking on the Pacific Crest Trail near the exit, Garcia said.

The witness pulled over and noted there was a parked gold or tan colored Chevy SUV. He says the boys and the man were about a third of a mile saw from the parked area off the Cameron Road exit of highway 58 in the outskirts of Tehachapi.

[...]

"I took that information and I passed it along and we are doing a follow up on it now," Jon Walker, Police Chief for the California City Police Department, said.

The chief would not confirm if that one lead was the woman who says she saw the boys at the Albertson's in Tehachapi or the man driving on highway 58.

[...]

"Just beyond those spots, on the BLM side I found one single black rubber shoe children's size twelve, rubber slipper more than a shoe, which doesn't look like it has been out here very long," Garcia said.

Garcia's investigative team called the Kern County Sheriff's Office. Three deputies came to the scene ...

JAN 17, 2021
Cal City extends reward for info on missing boys | News | avpress.com
The $25,000 reward committed by California City for information in finding brothers Orson West, three, and Orrin West, four, was extended to Jan. 26.

The City Council voted to approve the extension during Tuesday’s City Council meeting to avoid the reward from expiring later that night as approved by the Council during a Jan. 7 special meeting.

[...]

The information that leads to finding the West boys must also lead to an arrest and conviction in order to collect the reward committed by the city.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back