CA CA - Oxnard, WhtMale UP9187, 18-30, carnival worker, aka 'Brad Bodie', Apr'74

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Beamie, Oct 7, 2015.

1. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

Narcotics addiction is an unusual ‘cause of death’. Was it an overdose, complications from withdrawal, drug induced suicide, heart attack/stroke due to drugs?

madamx and MadMcGoo like this.

2. Grungster

Grungster Well-Known Member

The manner of death is listed as natural, I think he had been using drugs but hadn't been at the time, of his death he was just drinking a beer or two.

madamx, MadMcGoo and vspin like this.
  3. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

I suspect it might have been taken differently in different parts of the country, or by different people. My WWI-veteran grandfather would have shot anybody he saw wearing German military insignia.

But if he was into anything supremacist or neonazi-related, I would expect other symbols as well. Swastikas, death-heads and lightning bolts, eagles holding swastikas, that kind of thing. Alone like this, it's probably as you say just an edgy rebellious symbol.

madamx and vspin like this.
  4. vspin

vspin Member

I had suspected he may have been a biker given the iron cross. I was permitted to make a post in a large Facebook group of bikers. I hope someone may identify him.

I'm curious if you know what name he used when he was arrested?

I contacted the only man I could find with the same complete name as the "Charles" alias, and of the same age, but unfortunately the man does not recognize him. I also messaged family corresponding to the "Brad" alias, and I'm awaiting their reply.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  5. Grungster

6. Grungster

I don’t think he gave a name while arrested and he had no ID on him according to NamUs. Not sure why he was arrested but given his know drug abuse, it could have been related to that

7. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

My father would have shot me if he thought I was wearing a German military insignia! It was just a cool popular cross, like the kind everyone was wearing. They sold them in "head shops". There was nothing German about it.

madamx and MadMcGoo like this.
  8. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Not in the western state where I grew up, they didn't :D

Warwick1991 and MadMcGoo like this.
  9. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Well-Known Member

I’d be very interesting in seeing the reports of you wouldn’t mind sharing. Thanks for acquiring the additional information!

madamx, carbuff and Grungster like this.