Identified! CA - Pacifica, WhtFem 593UFCA, 25-46, found in tent, Jun'06 - Christine Kuhn

Her name has been mentioned before in this thread, I'm so sure (I think I even mentioned it)...but nothing ever comes of this suggestion for some reason.

I found at least three different times when I went back through the thread. I know I found her but then didn't submit her because the other people had.

Are the birth dates of missing people available anywhere? I have the feeling that the date she had previously told to a police might actually be correct. Without her real name and birthplace police would not have done anything with that, which she probably knew. But by telling the truth with this detail she might have acted more naturally. Also the first name she mentioned and the (probably fake) birthplace might have some truth to them. She might have used her second or third name, or mother's or sisters name, and maybe a relative or a friend had lived in the place she mentioned. It's quite common for people who want to tell believable lies to choose something near enough the truth to sound convincing but a bit too far from recognition.

Having just read all this thread, I think it is unlikely this lady was ever reported missing :(
However I tend to agree she had Grave's Disease, the eyes, the apparent goitre, the abnormal behaviour... It can also cause skin changes, and very thin, brittle hair. The other thing to note is the hyperthyroidism can cause bone remodeling and osteoporosis which may mean her skeletal findings put her at an older age than she actually is. Might be worth considering some younger MPs?

Her eyebrows look perfectly plucked in that picture. What homeless, crazy person plucks their eyebrows regularly?

Trichotillomania, maybe? - all she would need is a pair of tweezers (and a mirror, and even a mirror in a public bathroom would do).

Women with relatively inconspicuous cases of trichotillomania often pluck their eyebrows like the UID and focus the rest of their plucking on pubic hair, leg hair, arm hair, you name it, places that other people would not see. (Some pluck ALL their eyebrow hairs out and draw on fake eyebrows each day. Considering her circumstances, UID did an impressive job on her eyebrows in any case.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichotillomania

That's just a thought, a possibility, and all speculation based on my opinions.

Anyway, this woman was obviously better-off at some point, with some access to medical care : "Yellowing of the cranial bones suggest possible tetracycline therapy for acne."
I don't know if that sort of staining is PERMANENT, or if not, how long ago she must have taken that medication.

I agree with other posters, in that this woman was almost certainly mentally ill. She probably suffered from paranoia, that'd explain the "murder" note if there was no murder.
And if there was a murder, SURELY the murderer would've removed the victim's writing which suggests it, so the death could be more easily written off as "natural causes." (I mean, wouldn't you?)

EDIT: Ah, NamUs says "Body hair- Normal." So probably NOT trichotillomania. (but then, I wonder, what is considered "normal" body hair on women in today's culture of near-compulsory hairlessness on underarms, legs, and increasingly even genitals? I don't know.)

I have since read more of this thread, and I agree with other posters' theories that UID most likely had Graves' disease.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10647

The ruleouts list is 97 names long.

Monica Appleton is still not on it. Is there someone who lives in the Pacifica area who might be able to contact whoever is in charge of Jane's case and see what's up?

Monica's name is still not on the ruleouts. I can't call (hearing issues)--is there somebody who can?

Diane went missing in 1977 at age 22. I doubt that she'd look so young as the UID almost 30 years later at age 52.

she does appear to have that shell-shocked look that often comes with mental illess,

I've not read the full thread so don't know if this has been suggested before, but what about Graves ophthalmopathy which would explain the bulging eyes?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graves'_ophthalmopathy

The article says:

The pathology mostly affects persons of 30 to 50 years of age. Females are four times more likely to develop TAO than males.

Which covers almost exactly the extimated age range for this woman.

ETA that reading a few pages further I see that this possibility has been discussed at some length.

Great minds think alike, as they say. Or maybe fools seldom differ :)

Having now read the full thread one other thing strikes me. If she did indeed have Graves disease, which is linked to hyperthyroidism, and she was homeless and destitute, she may have been unable to acquire sufficient calories to maintain her weight and meet her nutritional needs and might have been slowly starving for that reason rather than deliberately.

Diane went missing in 1977 at age 22. I doubt that she'd look so young as the UID almost 30 years later at age 52.

I know, but the physical resemblance is just too close to ignore! She may not have been homeless all those 30 years, it sounds like she just walked away from her life. So she may have taken care of herself for some of that time JMO

To me, these women look like the same person. The eyes, facial structure and nose all look the same.

To others who have remarked that her eyebrows looked "plucked," they may indeed have been. Just because a person is homeless doesn't mean that they totally neglect their hygiene. Homeless individuals can use shower facilities in public gyms, drop-in shelters, et cetera. Many homeless persons don't "look" homeless, depending on how long they have been that way, of course. Honestly, she looks hopped up on amphetamines in that picture. Maybe she had mental issues, too. Hard to say.

FYI, I get my eyebrows "threaded" about once, maybe twice a month, and it only costs $10, and they look perfect for weeks. It's not very expensive to have it done (although I don't know how long "threading" has been popular).

She could have just plucked her brows with tweezers, to retain a sense of neatness about her appearance. I'm sure she shaved, too. I just think a lot of people don't realize that many homeless (especially the women) still take pride in their appearance. They can still bathe, wash their hair, and such. Honestly, being homeless is not that rare of an occurrence these days; a lot of homeless live in their cars or in inexpensive hotels (when they can afford it), or simply couch surf in friends' homes (for as long as the friend lets them). Many are employed, but they simply can't cough up the dough for rent on a room -- which is increasingly becoming too expensive for people working in min. wage jobs.

My, that got off topic... sorry guys!

Looks like Melody Glynnell's skull was found in 2008 in El Sobrante, CA: http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved/resolved37.html

[FONT=&quot]Glynnell, 45, disappeared from San Pablo, California on May 6, 2006. In February 2008, her skull was found on a hill near a homeless camp in El Sobrante, California. No other bones were located and there were no indications of trauma to the skull. Glynnell's death is under investigation and foul play is suspected.[/FONT]

Did this JD have a skull?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back