CA CA - Palm Desert, WhtFem 600UFCA, 20-25, in ravine off Hwy 74, Feb'80

Here's a side by side with Brenda Sue Black and Carl's recon of Palm Desert Jane Doe:

attachment.php

Attachments

• brendapalmdesert.jpg
    brendapalmdesert.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 388
Do you guys know if there is any update on this case? I see such a strong resemblance of this JD to Brenda!

Do you guys know if there is any update on this case? I see such a strong resemblance of this JD to Brenda!

No, unfortunately, I haven't received anything, and with the way NamUs is handling things now, there's a good chance I won't hear anything personally.
Last I knew, there was no DNA profile for the remains and Brenda only had DNA, so unless they can exhume the remains and obtain a usable DNA sample, we may never know for sure. And that is if there are remains, most unknowns were cremated back then in CA.

Updated Namus link: Unidentified Person Case

One ruleout: Lana Coronado who was last seen in San Francisco in April 1980, which is after our UID was found. Doenetwork indicates March 1980. So I guess this confirms that sometimes we should consider people whose official date is a little off.

Updated Namus link: Unidentified Person Case

One ruleout: Lana Coronado who was last seen in San Francisco in April 1980, which is after our UID was found. Doenetwork indicates March 1980. So I guess this confirms that sometimes we should consider people whose official date is a little off.

No additional exclusions.

This UID's discovery coincided with the some of the worst flooding that southern California has ever seen. Rains started on the 13th and just pummeled the whole area for the next 4-5 days, followed by another month or so of horrendous damage from washouts, mudslides, reservoir overflows, and levee breaks. Feb. 16th was reported as the heaviest day of rains. Wiped out homes from Ventura to Laguna Beach and large scale evacuations all the way to Palm Springs.

There were several people reported missing and feared dead after being stuck and/or ejected from cars, but the reporting is haphazard. It would have been a hell of a time to dump a body in terms of conditions/logistics. It wasn't known at that point how terrible the storm would be, so I'm not sure we could attribute foresight to someone using the flooding as a coverup. Eastbound Highway 74 would have been a nightmare, so I'd reckon the dumping party would have come from Hwy 111. It's lucky she was recovered when she was, because both of those highways were a disaster after the San Jacinto levee broke and the Palm Canyon Wash collapsed on Feb. 21.

COD is not clarified and the Riverside County Coroner notes that "this case is being handled as a homicide," which is a different notation than other UIDs. There was a female gunshot victim dumped in that area in April 1989, but I can't find anything about her other than she was unidentified at one point.

Thanks for the local insight. Very interesting.

The "handled as a homicide" notation usually just means that they aren't taking any chances. If they treat it as a homicide but then decide it was, say, accident, that's no problem. If they treat it as an accident, take the investigation lightly, and then find out somebody killed her, they've lost major information and opportunity.

Riverside county Jane Doe only had one exclusion that I saw. I saw missing photos of women that disappeared in that relative time and area who looked extremely similar to the doe’s postmortem photo in my opinion. The doe was estimated at 5’4 120lbs though I do take that info with a grain of salt bc estimations have been quite off on other cases. The doe was said to have scars on her arms. Age was estimated between 20-25.

Debra Lynn Kidwell disappeared May 4 1979 she disappeared at age 26 from Ventura Ca, 3 hours from where Jane doe was found in palm desert. It’s like an 8 month difference and so it’s a bit of a stretch perhaps but people have been held for longer so it’s not impossible. She also disappeared alongside two children and was found alone so I’m not sure but the area and physical description was just worth noting imo. She was 5’3 120lbs close to the does estimated information.

Tami Lee Sussi disappeared at 17 years old on December 30th 1979 two months before Jane does body was found and only 3 hours away from where the body was dumped. She was listed at 5 feet 100 lbs also listed as having a scar on a wrist.

Attachments

• 02DDEF67-F27C-43AB-9133-F59826B36C39.jpeg
    02DDEF67-F27C-43AB-9133-F59826B36C39.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 7AC8DAC2-A887-49D8-B927-F187CE10DFFB.jpeg
    7AC8DAC2-A887-49D8-B927-F187CE10DFFB.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 2
Riverside county Jane Doe only had one exclusion that I saw. I saw missing photos of women that disappeared in that relative time and area who looked extremely similar to the doe’s postmortem photo in my opinion. The doe was estimated at 5’4 120lbs though I do take that info with a grain of salt bc estimations have been quite off on other cases. The doe was said to have scars on her arms. Age was estimated between 20-25.

Debra Lynn Kidwell disappeared May 4 1979 she disappeared at age 26 from Ventura Ca, 3 hours from where Jane doe was found in palm desert. It’s like an 8 month difference and so it’s a bit of a stretch perhaps but people have been held for longer so it’s not impossible. She also disappeared alongside two children and was found alone so I’m not sure but the area and physical description was just worth noting imo. She was 5’3 120lbs close to the does estimated information.

Tami Lee Sussi disappeared at 17 years old on December 30th 1979 two months before Jane does body was found and only 3 hours away from where the body was dumped. She was listed at 5 feet 100 lbs also listed as having a scar on a wrist.
600UFCA
Riverside County Jane Doe has only her Fingerprints available.

870DFCA - Debra Lynn Kidwell
Debra Lynn Kidwell has Fingerprints available, so I think it might be worth submitting.

I do not know if Tami Lee Sussi has Fingerprints available.

WARNING - PM

Looking at Roxanne Marie Sims (DLC 1977 from Portland, 19 y/o, chestnut hair, looks to have brown eyes, 5'6", 125lbs)... wish there were more photos of her available online, I only see 3. Face shape looks similar and I think?? nose shape is also similar (taking into account angle).

1669510280902.png1669510293659.png

Riverside Jane Doe's NamUs profile was modified today, 1/14/23
another rule out was added
Currently 2 rule outs/ exclusions

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP7139Female, White / Caucasian
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs # MP7870
Rebecca Dunn, Female, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact May 10, 1979
State NV
County Clark

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP7139Female, White / Caucasian