Found Deceased CA - Paul Miller, 51, Canadian, Joshua Tree Natl Park, San Bernardino Co., 13 Jul 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

From that article:
[The Miller family was told early on that it could take a couple of weeks to positively identify the remains because of low staffing over the Christmas holidays, Miller’s sister, Dawne Robinson, said.

“Apparently, there has to be someone from the park, the sheriff’s department and the coroner’s office present for the identification,” Robinson said]

Not quite official, but sounds promising from family that Paul has at last been found.

Find Paul Miller

UPDATE - January 9th, 2020

Official identification of the remains found in Joshua Tree National Park near the 49 Palms Oasis Trail have not been made, but Paul's family is expecting confirmation to come within the coming days.

The unofficial details we have received from California to date lead us to believe that the remains are those of Paul Miller.

Paul's wife and son, Stephanie & Dryden, along with four close friends of Paul's will be travelling to Twentynine Palms, California next week.

We expect to have details regarding a memorial and celebration of Paul's life available upon return from California.
Event information will be posted to the page once finalized.

It is asked that everyone respect the family's privacy at this time. We will provide details on how to send any words of support, love and condolences in the near future.

Please keep Paul's loved ones in your thoughts/prayers as they traverse the difficult end to the journey to bring Paul home.

Oh seriously! The coroner isn't good enough?
Look at the WS thread for Scott Cushnie in Ontario, Canada, and it will reinforce why this is wise.
(Spoiler: they mistook him for someone else, and that family had a funeral for their supposed loved one. Scott had to be dug back up, and well...you can read the thread to see how this happened )

amateur opinion and speculation

Not quite official, but sounds promising from family that Paul has at last been found.

Find Paul Miller

UPDATE - January 9th, 2020

Official identification of the remains found in Joshua Tree National Park near the 49 Palms Oasis Trail have not been made, but Paul's family is expecting confirmation to come within the coming days.

The unofficial details we have received from California to date lead us to believe that the remains are those of Paul Miller.

Paul's wife and son, Stephanie & Dryden, along with four close friends of Paul's will be travelling to Twentynine Palms, California next week.

We expect to have details regarding a memorial and celebration of Paul's life available upon return from California.
Event information will be posted to the page once finalized.

It is asked that everyone respect the family's privacy at this time. We will provide details on how to send any words of support, love and condolences in the near future.

Please keep Paul's loved ones in your thoughts/prayers as they traverse the difficult end to the journey to bring Paul home.

The post includes some great pics of Paul. Find Paul Miller

Look at the WS thread for Scott Cushnie in Ontario, Canada, and it will reinforce why this is wise.
(Spoiler: they mistook him for someone else, and that family had a funeral for their supposed loved one. Scott had to be dug back up, and well...you can read the thread to see how this happened )

amateur opinion and speculation

Oh I forgot about him, sadly. His friends and family were so lovely, his character was so lovingly shared through them and no doubt made everyone smile.

I'm so glad Pauls family can get closure. I look at photos of these areas and just don't understand how people can't be found, but I don't have a real feel for the terrain.

I hope the camera is one of the "personal belongings" found. I think it would be wonderful for the family to have photos taken by Paul that day, as I'm sure he was enjoying himself. Who knows, he may have even snapped some of the elusive bighorn sheep!

I am really wondering what happened. I read the families statement on the official Find Paul fb page. They promised to release details when they could but said something along the lines of that they may never really know and may only have theories. I'm thinking that this statement makes it unlikely that he slipped and fell (as the ground gave out). I think if that was possible (due to where he was found), their statement wouldn't have been so evasive. I'm leaning towards medical condition (but the body is too decomposed to make a conclusive determination) or self harm.

Find Paul Miller

We will share what we know once we have all of the information - we may never have more than theories.
We know many volunteers spent many hours searching with the best of intentions. It is my hope that this can provide some new experience and knowledge to help the next person and their family.
At present, our objective is getting Paul home and grieving.
Thank you.

Once drones became involved, things moved quickly it seems.
More from Facebook page admin:

Find Paul Miller

“The drones weren't able to be used until November 2019 and then it was left to volunteers and family/friends to look over the photos they took and spot any potential items.
The group, Western States Aerial Search did an amazing job and we can never thank them enough <3 Wings of Mercy was also a huge part in making this happen and we are in debt to the volunteers of this group as well (https://www.wingsofmercy.ca/)
After 16 months without answers they did their search and had results in a month. It is absolutely amazing.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong